D3 All-Americans Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    I reached out to ESPN and Turner for each the prior Frozen Fours that were held in Lake Placid offering crew, talent, facilities...to no avail. We will keep trying when the tournament returns east....
    CBS has the rights to all the tertiary NCAA championships. They'd be the ones to contact. In 2010 CBS Sports aired the championship game live.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      CBS has the rights to all the tertiary NCAA championships. They'd be the ones to contact. In 2010 CBS Sports aired the championship game live.

r
      actually, ESPN holds the rights to what CBS passes on...they in turn offload the events they don't want to Turner....which is how ESPN has D1 Hockey and Lax....and why ESPN would do the D3 hockey had they successfully combined the D3 Frozen Four with D1...CBS has no interest in hockey with their BBall package now all games live across their primary networks in partnership with Turner....and yes, I have spoken to them all...and in another life I provided all the facilities they use...
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

actually, ESPN holds the rights to what CBS passes on...they in turn offload the events they don't want to Turner....which is how ESPN has D1 Hockey and Lax....and why ESPN would do the D3 hockey had they successfully combined the D3 Frozen Four with D1...CBS has no interest in hockey with their BBall package now all games live across their primary networks in partnership with Turner....and yes, I have spoken to them all...and in another life I provided all the facilities they use...
        Ahhhh, interesting. I assumed espn was directly contracted to do lax and d1 puck. Learn something new every day!

r

Comment

Re: D3 All-Americans Watch

Although, CBS Sports Network is currently airing the D1 Conference Tournaments, tonight N. Dakato vs ???. and NBC Sports is airing Hockey East, Vermont vs UMass-Lowell and next BU vs New Hampshire. It looks as if college hockey at all levels is making some inroads.
          Last edited by The Real Georgia Peach; 03-20-2015, 07:49 PM.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

WHOA! Turner does the D2 and D3 lax finals and they're at the same venue and D1. E$PN used to televise it, but the audience wasn't there. There is guarantee that E$PN would televise D3 hockey if it was at the same venue as D1.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              There is guarantee that E$PN would televise D3 hockey if it was at the same venue as D1.
              That's the claim for the one year a combined championship almost happened, which was in 2012 and would have put the DIII title game in the legendary DIII hotbed of Tampa, Fla. As to the veracity of that claim...it's tough to tell. Ultimately the NCAA wised up and axed the idea and it may or may not be worth noting that the only people to ever purport the ESPN guarantee theory are the two or three people who, for reasons unbeknownst to me, wanted more than anything to see a combined championship.

If for some godforsaken reason they pair up the DI and DIII championships in the future there is nothing to indicate that this supposed guarantee from 2012 would be in play. Though...if it were we could only hope Buccigross could get slapped on PbP as the only thing worse than a title game in a place like Tampa would be Buccigross calling a title game in a place like Tampa.

I mean, if we're going to light the barn on fire...we might as well do it with a little panache.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Don't forget The Worldwide Leader has enough networks to be within spitting distance of "The Ocho"...never said it would be on the main net or "The Duece"...there's U, Classic, News, W...along with ESPN3 online.....but their production values would be much better than what ncaa.com hired to do the women's semis in Platty yesterday. Let's hope it wasn't a package deal with the Minny...
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                X