X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC @ Adrian

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    He got hit in the nuts.
    He got hit in the nuts, and faked a pulled groin muscle??
    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
      Disappointing to see SNC come out so flat but reality was a 2 point weekend was acceptable for SNC and that's still fully on the table. Shackell was strong. Only weakness tonight was his acting when he faked that groin injury to get a rest on the PK.
      Watched the game on the Adrian YouTube feed and enjoyed the replay capability. I saw the start of the game a little differently. I thought Adrian came out and played like a team that has been waiting for the entire tenure of their program to get St Norbert on their home ice and they took it to them. Could SNC have weathered the storm better? Yes, but they didn't sleepwalk through the first period. Adrian outplayed them.

Over the course of the game Adrian's intensity level leveled off, as it had to, and SNC's steady pressure become increasingly effective - I expect this trend to continue today and SNC to split this series.

The Adrian announcers were okay, but one issue I had with them was their confusion over SNC's decision to put the goaltender back in when they took the late cross check penalty. At that point the odds of giving up another goal with an empty net were MUCH higher than scoring two goals at essentially even strength with the extra attacker. Goal differential is the first tie-breaker if these teams finish tied in the standings. By preserving a 2 goal loss, SNC improves their chances of making up the goal differential today.

Enjoy the game this afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Arete19 View Post
        Watched the game on the Adrian YouTube feed and enjoyed the replay capability. I saw the start of the game a little differently. I thought Adrian came out and played like a team that has been waiting for the entire tenure of their program to get St Norbert on their home ice and they took it to them. Could SNC have weathered the storm better? Yes, but they didn't sleepwalk through the first period. Adrian outplayed them.

Over the course of the game Adrian's intensity level leveled off, as it had to, and SNC's steady pressure become increasingly effective - I expect this trend to continue today and SNC to split this series.

The Adrian announcers were okay, but one issue I had with them was their confusion over SNC's decision to put the goaltender back in when they took the late cross check penalty. At that point the odds of giving up another goal with an empty net were MUCH higher than scoring two goals at essentially even strength with the extra attacker. Goal differential is the first tie-breaker if these teams finish tied in the standings. By preserving a 2 goal loss, SNC improves their chances of making up the goal differential today.

Enjoy the game this afternoon!
        ^^^ Yes.

I also really enjoyed the multiple camera angles and instant replay. Pet peeves with "Frank, the former goalie" included continually reiterating that Adrian had kept SNCs leading scorer Hill off the score sheet when Hill created and assisted on SNCs first goal, and during the last couple minutes when he was urging everyone to get ready to throw their hats on the ice for Brothers hat trick (which never happened.) All in all though, not the worst commentating I have heard for a D3 game, but helps keep in perspective what a great job Tim D does with the SNC call.

Looking forward to this afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
          ^^^ Yes.

I also really enjoyed the multiple camera angles and instant replay. Pet peeves with "Frank, the former goalie" included continually reiterating that Adrian had kept SNCs leading scorer Hill off the score sheet when Hill created and assisted on SNCs first goal, and during the last couple minutes when he was urging everyone to get ready to throw their hats on the ice for Brothers hat trick (which never happened.) All in all though, not the worst commentating I have heard for a D3 game, but helps keep in perspective what a great job Tim D does with the SNC call.

Looking forward to this afternoon!
          Was it Frank, or was it his color guy? I know Frank, and I've heard him do games for our D-1 club team. He was really solid, but his color guy was brutal at best.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I could absolutely have the two confused. Apologies to Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              4-2 Adrian with 5 left.

For the second week in a row, SNC failed to score on a major. Could have made a game of it here but did not...
              Maybe that's the way to beat SNC. Take a major in the 3rd period. *shrug*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe that's the way to beat SNC. Take a major in the 3rd period. *shrug*
                I know if you want to take the momentum from the Cardinals sails, all you have to do is take a penalty (12-of-83 - 14.46%).
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Well, whatever the result, our friends from SNC might want to consider heading home Saturday evening instead of Sunday. Between midnight Saturday and Monday rush hour, we're supposed to get 5-10" of snow. That's going to make the expressways....lovely.
                  National Weather Service is now saying 1-3" tonight, 3-7" tomorrow, and 3-5" tomorrow night. Chance of snow 100%. We've already had the automotive version of 52-card pickup a few weeks ago on I-94. I'd prefer we don't get caught up in that again. Adjust travel plans accordingly.

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is the key right here to this afternoon's game. If Adrian plays like they did the first 40 minutes of the game, this is going to be just as good of a game as last night's. If Adrian plays like they did in the 3rd period, this is a 5-1 SNC win. It's probably that simple.

God, that was fun...

Comment

National Weather Service is now saying 1-3" tonight, 3-7" tomorrow, and 3-5" tomorrow night. Chance of snow 100%. We've already had the automotive version of 52-card pickup a few weeks ago on I-94. I'd prefer we don't get caught up in that again. Adjust travel plans accordingly.
                      We are leaving right after the game for Wisco..

Comment

Originally posted by racer99 View Post
                        We are leaving right after the game for Wisco..
                        Good idea. It's not supposed to start until late tonight, but if you're driving, you're going to get hit with it somewhere along the line. I'm just trying to help keep it to a minimum.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well I definitely didn't think it would be an Adrian sweep this weekend but it looks like they deserved it so congratulations to the Bulldogs.

Comment

Nice weekend for Adrian. I can't remember the last time SNC lost 3 games in a row. Looks like another trip to Adrian will be necessary to guarantee admittance to the big show.

Comment

Nice weekend for Adrian. I can't remember the last time SNC lost 3 games in a row. Looks like another trip to Adrian will be necessary to guarantee admittance to the big show.
                              1997 was last year..

Comment

Well, at least this didn't happen here this weekend

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X