• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spwood
    replied
    Re: 1987 PSU team

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Does Plattsburgh have the trophy?
    So if someone broke into Norwich's trophy case and stole a trophy, Norwich (or Oswego or Elmira - never mind Elmira) wouldn't have won the title? I have video evidence Plattsburgh did win it...

Leave a comment:

• PSUChamps2001
    replied

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    The 1986 runner-up trophy (which was also vacated) is still in the display case in the lobby at the Ronnie B.

The 1987 championship trophy, from my understanding, is on display in Coach Emery's office.
    LoL ...game...set...match thanks Nate lol

Has anyone heard more on the proposal to overturn the vacancy? I know a lot of people were pretty ticked off when a certain school was told "not to do it again" after they handed out basic full ride scholarships to 98% athletes after winning a championship, yet Plattsburgh still gets stuck with the * for doing much less. As Steve said, after all the NCAA let's teams/players/coaches get away with these days, had 1987 been 2007, I couldn't see anything other then a slap on the Neumann wrist. IMO its time to give the proper credit and dues publically to the players who earned and won the darn thing. To some it will continue to be a cute little punch line, but for those who were there, played, coached, supported we know what happened. I'm sure if you asked a few Non-Cardinal DIII players during that time anonymously from other top notch programs, there were several "Plattsburgh's" (or Plattsburg's for those who would be confused) going on. I still don't believe A. Plattsburgh was the only team out there doing such (no it doesn't mean its right), and on the same note B. Those extra benefits were not the ONLY reason why they chose to go to Plattsburgh (a few phone calls home *no cell phones*, a few Montreal Canadien trips, a few dinners and housing help does NOT equal giving out scholarships to 98% athletes sorry...I mean a few perks or a free ride to school hmm). I really wish the book would have come out so we could read some of the conversations and interviews.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    The 1986 runner-up trophy (which was also vacated) is still in the display case in the lobby at the Ronnie B.

The 1987 championship trophy, from my understanding, is on display in Coach Emery's office.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Yes

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    No, it happened - I was there. The NCAA has no credibility any more - no more vacated titles, Heisman trophies, wins, or anything else. They're more corrupt than anyone they've ever investigated and sanctioned (well, maybe except the U of Miami!). UNC is worse too, but the NCAA won't investigate an actual academic scandal.
    Even Joe P got his 501 wins back !

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

No, it happened - I was there. The NCAA has no credibility any more - no more vacated titles, Heisman trophies, wins, or anything else. They're more corrupt than anyone they've ever investigated and sanctioned (well, maybe except the U of Miami!). UNC is worse too, but the NCAA won't investigate an actual academic scandal.

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
    You can't get one. They don't really exist. Just like Platty's '87 Natty championship.

Leave a comment:

• Birds
    replied

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
    You can't get one. They don't really exist. Just like Platty's '87 Natty championship.
    Perhaps in your mind. Do I sense some........... on your part?????

Leave a comment:

• Cards81
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    I was a 17yr old male and President of the PSUC computer Explorer post and knew enough to rally our nerds to volunteer for the events, but not much of hockey. Plattsburgh State Hockey, which formed in the 1975-76 season wasn't any where like it is today, perhaps if the March 7, 1981, Plattsburgh State men's hockey team win over Oswego State, 7-6 had been March 7, 1979, things would have been a lot different
    The March 7, 1981 Plattsburgh State - Oswego game may have been one of the most exciting D2/3 hockey games ever played. With everything at stake, the Cards scored 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd period in front of a hostile OU crowd at Romney to give Plattsburgh their first-ever NCAA Final Four appearance. It was something I'll never forget !

Leave a comment:

• haulin oats
    replied
    Where can I get me one of those?

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied

Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
    Where can I get me one of those?

Leave a comment:

• bobbunnell
    replied

86-87 Championship Puck https://www.dropbo*****/s/alv8umrop1x7d7z/puck%20100.jpg?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Norm?! What were you thinking?!
    I was a 17yr old male and President of the PSUC computer Explorer post and knew enough to rally our nerds to volunteer for the events, but not much of hockey. Plattsburgh State Hockey, which formed in the 1975-76 season wasn't any where like it is today, perhaps if the March 7, 1981, Plattsburgh State men's hockey team win over Oswego State, 7-6 had been March 7, 1979, things would have been a lot different
    Last edited by norm1909; 01-27-2015, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    True, you should have been there and be cheering for Plattsburgh. Sort of like me choosing to attend Women's Figure Skating instead Men's Ice Hockey during the 1980 Winter Olympics
    Norm?! What were you thinking?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X