Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middlebury hockey

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
    The Middlebury thread has started to flame out. I guess it is up to the team to keep it in the forefront. If they sweep Bowdoin and Colby, then that will generate some conversation, but if they repeat what they did against those teams in Maine, the thread will dry up. Or elicit some negative comments before fading away. This is a defining weekend for the Panthers to see if they can maintain the level of play they exhibited last weekend.
    I'm with you. It's easy to get up for Plattsburgh/Norwich. I'm very curious how Middlebury does over the next couple of weeks. Four wins and they'll be right in the thick of things again. Let's not forget, we're still talking about a 6-6-2 overall team.

The telling sign for me currently is the Panthers are 60th in scoring offense out of 73 teams at 2.43 goals per game. You have to score goals to win games and if that mark doesn't get closer to 3 or 3.5 goals per game, they're going to have a tough time beating Bowdoin, Williams, Amherst and Trinity.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Middlebury certainly performed well this past weekend. With a team made up mostly of underclassmen (17 freshmen and sophomores) consistency will be the challenge for Beaney and his squad. They have inarguably had A handful of close games this year. Including an almost come back against Plattsburgh (another 5 minutes and that game could have ended differently) in the Primelink this year. Moments in a game or a weekend in a season are easy to come by, but to build upon what they were able to accomplish last weekend will certainly be a challenge for the team and coach. As others have stated, it's easy to get up for the biggest game/weekend of the year, but to be able to sustain for the rest of the season is a big question mark. Bowdoin seemed to have their number earlier in the year beating them handily 6-0, this will be a very telling weekend for Beaney and his Panthers.

Comment

Kiss your sister night in Middlebury - Bowdoin 2, Midd 2 in OT. Tough physical game for both teams - could have gone either way but for Fenkell and Klein.
        Last edited by OLD GUY '61; 01-23-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD GUY '61 View Post
          Kiss your sister night in Middlebury - Bowdoin 2, Midd 2 in OT. Tough physical game for both teams - could have gone either way but for Fenkell and Klein.
          My Bad.

Comment

Too bad about the late goal against last night. Let's see what happens today. Go Panthers!

Comment

Is Greg Conrad hurt? He didn't play against Bowdoin and I don't believe he is out there against Colby.
              Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Too bad about the late goal against last night. Let's see what happens today. Go Panthers!
                ...and too bad Lizotte waved off a Middlebury goal that most definitely was good!
                from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

I did hear that Midd won tho' didn't I?
                  Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Middlebury 4
                    Colby 3
                    In overtime.

Middlebury still has the habit of playing up to, or down to, the level of their opponents. Another rough and tumble game.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoneslo View Post
                      Middlebury 4
                      Colby 3
                      In overtime.

Middlebury still has the habit of playing up to, or down to, the level of their opponents. Another rough and tumble game.
                      A step better than this.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'll take this weekend over the last one when Midd played these two teams. The officiating at both games was terrible.

The good: Midd has gotten much more aggressive on the fore- and back- checking. They held both Bowdoin and Colby (like Norwich and Platty) to under 20 shots for the game each. Klein looks solid in goal, never getting rattled.

The bad: Midd needs to remember the last two minutes of every period is still two minutes of play time, not two minutes of practice. This ended up costing them in both games. The number of shots taken per goal is still somewhere over 10.

The interesting: When announcing the starting lines, there were three D, and two forwards. Very familiar for when Midd was running the torpedo system. I'm not sure if that was just how the lines were announced, or if they were really running the system. If so it would explain some of their playing not as well as on Friday, or last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X