X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haulin oats
    replied
    Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Nice to see the Panthers being talked about in such positive ways again. Cudos to BB and his staff.

From collegehockeystats.net: Record at Middlebury (Entering 2014-2015): 506-172-48 (.730) (27 Seasons)

Wow! In a class of his own!
    And that's after being irrelevant for the past 5 years

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
    fyp....means?
    Fixed Your Post.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Re: Middlebury hockey

Just remember its ez to get up for the big games,playing well day in and day out is the big test..Just ask USN and Oswego

Leave a comment:

• tjoneslo
    replied

As a long time Middlebury fan, I'm very impressed with the performance by the team this past weekend. But, as the past five years has demonstrated, consistency has been a big issue. In the next five weekends, Midd has to face four ranked (or formally ranked) teams, three of whom have already beaten them. They are going to need repeat this performance, with no off games or slow weekends, for the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    fyp....means?
    Look at the picture in Norm's post and compare it to what i did to your quote.

Leave a comment:

• Old Rook NU'66
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    fyp
    fyp....means?

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied

Nice to see the Panthers being talked about in such positive ways again. Cudos to BB and his staff.

From collegehockeystats.net: Record at Middlebury (Entering 2014-2015): 506-172-48 (.730) (27 Seasons)

Wow! In a class of his own!

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    fyp
    True

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Congradulations to a well earned Middlebury victory. You gave our Cadets far more than they were able to handle by most of all shut down our always aggressive shooting. Stay with it and who knows...we may get another shot at you this season
    fyp

Leave a comment:

• Old Rook NU'66
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
    I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
    Congratulations to a well earned Middlebury victory. You gave our Cadets far more than they were able to handle by most of all shut down our always aggressive shooting. Stay with it and who knows...we may get another shot at you this season

Leave a comment:

• Golden007
    replied

Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
    I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
    I have to say, as a Midd naysayer recently, that pulling out two convincing rivalry wins is impressive. I'm always rooting for the Panthers, but it's been dismal of late. Congratulations are due, and I'm hopeful that this is the start of something. Goaltending has been awful, for the most part, over too many recent seasons. Now is the time to go on a win streak, and beat NESCAC teams that aren't as good as Plattsburgh and Norwich, and realize their potential. I hope Middlebury can pull it together and recover from the worst season start I can remember! At .500 it's like a new season.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

A spade is a spade

Leave a comment:

• jimmy d
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cards81
    replied

I've got to say I thought the ability of the Panthers to win one (let alone both) of these games was a thing of the past. Yes, the team is doing the little things now. But I think Klein is the reason for the resurgence. I've seen some woeful goaltending in Midd for the last several years. They're a physically small team with not a lot of firepower, but they're back in the conversation. Good for Coach Beaney, one of the class acts (win or lose). Tip of the hat to the Panthers.

Leave a comment:

• OLD GUY '61
    replied

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
    Well, one great weekend, but I am not so sure they wouldn't have preferred the two wins to be against Trinity and Williams to get them 4 points and closer to home ice in the NESCAC tournament? They get no points by beating Plattsburgh and Norwich, but nonetheless, it must feel real good after long losing streaks against both teams.
    I think what they got out of the two wins was probably more valuable to them than the 4 points. They now know that they are capable of winning against top-flight competition. I don't think they had the confidence to do that before, plus they have been snakebit for awhile in not getting the bounces, missing open nets, etc. They are a much better team than .500 in NESCAC as we will see in the coming weeks. Another thing I noticed at the Norwich game was the willingness of their defensemen to block shots and give up the body for their netminder. Speaking of which, Klein is no small part of the team's new confidence in itself. GO BLUE!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X