Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Convention doins

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    To add a little fun to the mix, how about a SUNYAC Showcase at the beginning of each year where all 10 teams gather at one location (could rotate each campus each year) for one weekend and play two non-conference games against two opponents from the 'other' division. Five games on Saturday and five games on Sunday. How exciting would that be for a fan to be able to watch the entire conference play in one day!?!?

Obviously just a pipe dream, but fun to think about![/I]
    Commenting on this point, remember they did have something like this with four teams (usually Fredonia, Buffalo State, Cortland, and Potsdam with each school getting to host in a four-year rotation) at the beginning of the season. It was done out of necessity because schools were having trouble scheduling non-conference games. But, I can assure you, the coaches hated it.

Of course, they were already playing everybody twice. Your idea would increase the number of times teams play each other when those match ups you are proposing would only occur once each year.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      That was something that was discussed but it will not be voted on at this Convention which would make it at least until 2017 until we would have to worry about it.

I think that is one of the more drastic measures that is being discussed and hopefully, for hockey's sake, it gets shot down.
      Just get rid of Pool C for all the tournaments. Then the conference tournaments get REAL interesting (wish they'd do this for D-I, too).
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Just get rid of Pool C for all the tournaments. Then the conference tournaments get REAL interesting (wish they'd do this for D-I, too).
        If they got rid of Pool C Id like to see the two-game series with the minigame comeback to decide conference playoffs.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

If they got rid of Pool C Id like to see the two-game series with the minigame comeback to decide conference playoffs.
          +1
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Commenting on this point, remember they did have something like this with four teams (usually Fredonia, Buffalo State, Cortland, and Potsdam with each school getting to host in a four-year rotation) at the beginning of the season. It was done out of necessity because schools were having trouble scheduling non-conference games. But, I can assure you, the coaches hated it.

Of course, they were already playing everybody twice. Your idea would increase the number of times teams play each other when those match ups you are proposing would only occur once each year.
            Do you know the reasoning for hating it?
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

+2
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                Do you know the reasoning for hating it?
                They didn't like playing each other when they already play the same teams twice in the year. They felt they got nothing out of it.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Why stop there? Do it the way the SUNYAC did -- a full fledged three-game series.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Travel to Ridder just got interesting
                    http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...arter-industry
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Why stop there? Do it the way the SUNYAC did -- a full fledged three-game series.
                      I didn't want to get too greedy!
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Travel to Ridder just got interesting
                        http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...arter-industry
                        There was no mention of D3, so there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                          There was no mention of D3, so there is nothing to worry about.
                          For most of the NCAA, D-III is an imaginary number. But, in reality, D-III also flies charters to the National Championship sites. Otherwise, Eau Claire and St. Norbert would have had to fly to Albany when they played in Lake Placid instead of Saranac Lake.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For most of the NCAA, D-III is an imaginary number. But, in reality, D-III also flies charters to the National Championship sites. Otherwise, Eau Claire and St. Norbert would have had to fly to Albany when they played in Lake Placid instead of Saranac Lake.
                            I remember when I was at Potsdam and traveling with the basketball team to the Final Four, we had to take a bus to Syracuse to catch a flight out of there to Chicago, and then get bussed to the other side of the state to Rock Island. Ditto in reverse.

Even though there were viable much closer airports in Massena and somewhere in the Quad City area, respectively.
                            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-15-2015, 07:05 AM.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Eau Claire did fly into Albany in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                                Eau Claire did fly into Albany in 2013.
                                Really? I thought they shared the flight with you guys.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X