Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights o

I'm typing this really slow so that you will be able to understand it. Every team wants to win, if they can't win, they want to compete until the end. It carries forward to the next contest. (I still don't understand why you are so hung up on shut outs, you didn't bet on another shutout did you?)
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Lost a lot of respect for McShane on that one....down 0-4 with :50 left you pull your goalie to break up a shut out? Flame on I don't care, classless. Take your loss and hit the bus.....
      How is that classless? Emery pulled his goalie against Norwich down 4-1 at the PrimeLink earlier this year with 4 minutes left. Was that "classless"?

Coaches pull goalies all the time in situations to try and fire up the team. The goalie play was not the reason why Norwich lost tonight.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights o

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        How is that classless? Emery pulled his goalie against Norwich down 4-1 at the PrimeLink earlier this year with 4 minutes left. Was that "classless"?

Coaches pull goalies all the time in situations to try and fire up the team. The goalie play was not the reason why Norwich lost tonight.
        Emery WOULD have pulled his goalie long before 50 seconds were left. Norwich can have the solo EA goal, I'm happier with Plattsburgh's solo SH goal than I would be with a desperation EA (but I would still what the EA over a shutout).
        Last edited by norm1909; 01-06-2015, 09:16 PM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Only reason I'm bummed about Norwich scoring with 19 seconds left is I don't think Platty has ever had 3 straight shutouts. Cards showed they can beat anyone tonight. Very impressive win. Note: Pelletier for Norwich can play on my team any day.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Emery WOULD have pulled his goalie long before 50 seconds were left. Norwich can have the solo EA goal, I'm happier with Plattsburgh's solo SH goal than I would be with a desperation EA (but I would still what the EA over a shutout).
            Okay...once again how does that make it classless?

It's not classless to try and score a goal when you're losing.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

My point is - it isn't classless - it's part of the game.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Lost a lot of respect for McShane on that one....down 0-4 with :50 left you pull your goalie to break up a shut out? Flame on I don't care, classless. Take your loss and hit the bus.....
                Anyone who has ever been involved in athletics understands teaching moments. If the only thing Norwich could get out of this game was to work on 6 on 5 play at the end of the game for a down the road do or die situation, Norwich used it to get better, not to do something as petty as ruin a kids shutout just because they could.

Comment

You're really going to try to argue with pulling a goalie down 3 with FOUR minutes left and pulling a goalie down 4 with :53 SECONDS left? Apples and Oranges... Last I checked Roli played 44:18 and Hubby played 15:41 with zero mention of empty net, it was never 4-1 either so not sure your point. Either or, 4 minutes is different then :50 seconds...

If your Buffalo Jills were down 21-0 with :52 seconds left in the 4th quarter to New England; New England has the ball on the Buffalo 1 yard line....and Brady does a fake knell down and runs it in for the touchdown, you're not telling me Ralph Wilson Stadium would not erupt? No you knell down, take your loss, get on the bus and go home and live to fight another day. Doing what McShane did was more of slap on the face then beating someone by 10 goals.

This wasn't down 1 goal, or 2..this was 4 with the ONLY clear intention was to break up a shut out. This wasn't down 4 goals with 5, 6 , 7 minutes left (totally understand at that point as you STILL have a chance to win a game - seen it happen). I have yet to see a team come from 0-4 with less than a minute left to tie/win a game.

Plain and simple, McShane called the timeout, pulled the goalie to try and break up a shut out, classless. That's no different then being up by 10+ and putting your #1 PowerPlay on the ice *unless its Plattsburghs*, classless.

I could care less about Norwich scoring a goal to break the shut out. I could have cared less if they scored a goal with :01 seconds left 5 on 5. But calling a timeout and pulling your goalie to do so, classless....

Never said the goalie was the issue. It WAS a great game by both teams. It's sad McShane just couldn't load up the bus and go home....note taken....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by defence18 View Post
                    Anyone who has ever been involved in athletics understands teaching moments. If the only thing Norwich could get out of this game was to work on 6 on 5 play at the end of the game for a down the road do or die situation, Norwich used it to get better, not to do something as petty as ruin a kids shutout just because they could.
                    And anyone who has been involved in athletics also knows what happened, classless move. Why did he wait till :52 seconds? He had a whole period down 0-4 to press the issue...
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

And once again, "scoring a goal when you're losing" is different then pulling your goalie to break up a shut out....period....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

You're really going to try to argue with pulling a goalie down 3 with FOUR minutes left and pulling a goalie down 4 with :53 SECONDS left? Apples and Oranges... Last I checked Roli played 44:18 and Hubby played 15:41 with zero mention of empty net, it was never 4-1 either so not sure your point. Either or, 4 minutes is different then :50 seconds...

If your Buffalo Jills were down 21-0 with :52 seconds left in the 4th quarter to New England; New England has the ball on the Buffalo 1 yard line....and Brady does a fake knell down and runs it in for the touchdown, you're not telling me Ralph Wilson Stadium would not erupt? No you knell down, take your loss, get on the bus and go home and live to fight another day. Doing what McShane did was more of slap on the face then beating someone by 10 goals.

This wasn't down 1 goal, or 2..this was 4 with the ONLY clear intention was to break up a shut out. This wasn't down 4 goals with 5, 6 , 7 minutes left (totally understand at that point as you STILL have a chance to win a game - seen it happen). I have yet to see a team come from 0-4 with less than a minute left to tie/win a game.

Plain and simple, McShane called the timeout, pulled the goalie to try and break up a shut out, classless. That's no different then being up by 10+ and putting your #1 PowerPlay on the ice *unless its Plattsburghs*, classless.

I could care less about Norwich scoring a goal to break the shut out. I could have cared less if they scored a goal with :01 seconds left 5 on 5. But calling a timeout and pulling your goalie to do so, classless....

Never said the goalie was the issue. It WAS a great game by both teams. It's sad McShane just couldn't load up the bus and go home....note taken....
                        I only fault McShane for taking so long to go after the consolation prize - one kid's shutout is other team's defeat - I would expect any coach to try to "take the edge off".
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

If your Buffalo Jills were down 21-0 with :52 seconds left in the 4th quarter to New England; New England has the ball on the Buffalo 1 yard line....and Brady does a fake knell down and runs it in for the touchdown, you're not telling me Ralph Wilson Stadium would not erupt? No you knell down, take your loss, get on the bus and go home and live to fight another day.
                          That comparison makes no sense..
                          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                            That comparison makes no sense..
                            Because its the Jills not Bills? It makes no sense because New England wouldn't do it. You'd knell down and call it a day. Would it be classless if Plattsburgh had a powerplay to end the game and Emery pulled his goalie to get a 6 on 4 advantage?
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Because its the Jills not Bills? It makes no sense because New England wouldn't do it. You'd knell down and call it a day. Would it be classless if Plattsburgh had a powerplay to end the game and Emery pulled his goalie to get a 6 on 4 advantage?
                              Who kneels the ball on the 1 yard line?
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

And anyone who has been involved in athletics also knows what happened, classless move. Why did he wait till :52 seconds? He had a whole period down 0-4 to press the issue...
                                Not even Finney's mom is this upset he didn't get the shutout.

Comment

Working...
                                X