Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fredonia vs. Westfield

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    All joking aside, that smells of classlessness to me.
    All they were doing was rolling lines. It was the third of back to back to back power plays all of which resulted in goals. Three different PP lines scored, its not like they left the same line out there to score all 3, which they easily could have since the total elapsed time was less than 2 minutes. Sounds to me like Westfield packed it in.

Fredonia is a solid team. I look for them to turn some heads the 2nd half of the season. In an earlier post Norm remarked how they have trouble scoring against good teams (maybe he was talking about Plattsburgh ). Quite the contrary, they have done quite well against almost everyone. It's their goaltending that has struggled against the elite. As far as scoring goes, they put up 4 on Oswego, which has happened only one other time all year. They also scored 3 at Elmira which is one more than Plattsburgh and Oswego combined when they went to the domes. The only game that didn't produce goals was against Plattsburgh, and they still scored two, which is better than 9 other Cardinal opponents. My thought is if they get some consistency between the pipes, they will distance themselves from teams 4-9 in the SUNY and put a scare into one of the big two.
    93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
    2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post

Coach Schultz mentioned to Josh and I in passing one day that he thought those 93-94 and 94-95 Fredonia teams were the best D3 hockey teams he's ever seen. He also threw an RIT team into the discussion, but I can't recall the year.
      Those two Fredonia teams were RIDICULOUSLY good.

I think they beat Elmira 7-1 or 9-1 or something like that to open up the 1994-1995 season. I remember sitting in Steele Hall at my first road game and just being in awe of how Fredonia manhandled a decent Elmira team.

Stone was the goaltender I believe? Something like that. They were very impressive and it's too bad they couldn't keep the program at that level.

Comment

If you're talking about RIT teams, it was the '01 team with Jerry Galway, Derek Hahn and the Bournazakis brothers that was underfeated till Plattsburgh won in the title game.

I think some of the corner crew may argue that the mid 80's title team was as good or better . . .

Comment

Originally posted by CenteringPass View Post
          If you're talking about RIT teams, it was the '01 team with Jerry Galway, Derek Hahn and the Bournazakis brothers that was underfeated till Plattsburgh won in the title game.

I think some of the corner crew may argue that the mid 80's title team was as good or better . . .
          SORRY JUST HAD TO

*****http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00622/77/67/622437677_l.jpg******
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Looking at the Score sheets the 1st game to the 2nd game, westfield did not dress some of there top players or regulars the 1st game, and played them the 2nd game, and only lost by 3 rather than 8-0 dont see how that happens? Plain and simple Westfield is a mediorce team who plays in a bad league, as it showed as they beat mass darthmouth 2night. Ferdonia has a solid sqaud all around from goalies on up. I believe Ferdonias only weakness could be there out of conference schdule. Cant wait for the Ferdonia Osewego game later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              SORRY JUST HAD TO

*****http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00622/77/67/622437677_l.jpg******

Remy . . . that picture pretty much summed it up that night !!!

Comment

Working...
              X