Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The polls - scratching KRACH, PWC, CoP and robbery! ...---...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The polls - scratching KRACH, PWC, CoP and robbery! ...---...

Originally posted by norwich59 View Post
    national champ: Not hobart prez! Can you spell n_o_r_w_i_c_h?
    i hope so!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      i hope so!
      If Tufts beats Amherst, and it's a Tufts v Williams/Conn College Nescac final. Who get's a Pool C, Amherst or Trinity?
      Alabama grad '09 Roll D@mn Tide

Babson MBA '11 Go beavers!

"It's not the critic who counts..."

Comment

Originally posted by ECACeastFAN View Post
        If Tufts beats Amherst, and it's a Tufts v Williams/Conn College Nescac final. Who get's a Pool C, Amherst or Trinity?
        Based on Tuesday's rankings, both would get in. Plus the tourney winner. The only team that I can see being rated ahead of them would be Adrian if they lose, but then I'd still say three Pool Cs are Adrian, Amherst, and Trinity. Any team looking to jump Trinity or Amherst would also have to lose (with the possible exception of Hobart and I'm not sure they can jump that high).

Any speculation comes with the "see Trinity 2014" caveat...
        Last edited by spwood; 03-06-2015, 03:03 PM.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by ECACeastFAN View Post
          Great question...or do both get in and we see three NESCAC teams?
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Great question...or do both get in and we see three NESCAC teams?
            The conference isn't the ECACW is it? So the answer would be NO.
            Oswego '88

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
              The conference isn't the ECACW is it? So the answer would be NO.
              Oswego '88
              Don't count it out...look at who's on the committee...
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by ECACeastFAN View Post
                Yes
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  A conference is just artifice with no intrinsic meaning, especially when we're talking D-3 hockey.

Being the champion of one such aggregation says absolutely nothing about how that "champion" stacks-up against the sport as a whole.

And clearly, a Plymouth State has no business getting into the national tournament.

When that team displaces PSU or Norwich, just to serve as one-and-done cannon-fodder, who benefits?
                  Please join snc11 in the all-year-long "the system sucks" thread found on this site after the playoffs are over.
                  The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post

A conference is just artifice with no intrinsic meaning, especially when we're talking D-3 hockey.

Being the champion of one such aggregation says absolutely nothing about how that "champion" stacks-up against the sport as a whole.

And clearly, a Plymouth State has no business getting into the national tournament.

When that team displaces PSU or Norwich, just to serve as one-and-done cannon-fodder, who benefits?

Lets all remind Fish about the year in the NCAA D1 hoop tourney where "undeserving" UVM defeated Syracuse in round 1 !!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The women's side just got interesting.....Adrian lost to Concordia in the conference semi !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Plattsburgh State makes it this year to the NCAA tournament, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          The kids on Plymouth St who earned the right to participate in the NCAA tournament...
                          They might be gifted it as a direct consequence of D-3 awarding any team in that conference an AQ, but they wouldn't have "earned" it by any reasonable measure. It's truly absurd to have the 40-50th something team in the nation included in the field of 11.

Lots of folks on here who like to hide in the D-3 box seem to think that the status quo is something proscribed by God himself, and therefore immutable... It's neither, and the process is beyond dumb right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Lets all remind Fish about the year in the NCAA D1 hoop tourney where "undeserving" UVM defeated Syracuse in round 1 !!
                            Allow me to remind you that was a field of 64 teams, not 11. (Appreciate the difference as far as "inclusion" goes?)

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Allow me to remind you that was a field of 64 teams, not 11. (Appreciate the difference as far as "inclusion" goes?)

Thanks anyway!
                              There are also 351 schools playing D1 hoops vs. 70 something playing D3 hockey, Given the $$ paid to D1 hoops coaches, the more in the tournament = job protection.

And - for Sunday night - a picture of men at work...
                              http://sofahelden.com/upload/ck/oq84...izbgtkdwnn.jpg
                              Last edited by joecct; 03-06-2015, 07:17 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                They might be gifted it as a direct consequence of D-3 awarding any team in that conference an AQ, but they wouldn't have "earned" it by any reasonable measure. It's truly absurd to have the 40-50th something team in the nation included in the field of 11.

Lots of folks on here who like to hide in the D-3 box seem to think that the status quo is something proscribed by God himself, and therefore immutable... It's neither, and the process is beyond dumb right now.

Nope, you are mistaking...

The MASAC and NE champs will have earned it by winning the conference tournament of a league that meets the NCAA criteria for an autobid. Period.

Atlantic Hockey's champ gets an AQ at the D1 level and occasionally makes some noise (see RIT and Holy Cross.). The Underdog/Hoosiers element is one of the cool things about NCAA hockey and if you don't like that, then beat it, you're following the wrong sport.

Just relax, it looks like there is a good possibility that the W is going to get a 7th member and an AQ fairly soon, and the team you follow will have its fair shot at a Pool A too.

Comment

Working...
                                X