Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally it has been done. The Federal League is Real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MountieBoyOz
    replied
    Re: Finally it has been done. The Federal League is Real!

Still hoping they bring in Ogie Oglethorpe.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
    Why is this on a D-III thread.
    Another reason for it being on a DIII thread:

Rome Frenzy General Manager and Team Owner Brian Hall today announced that longtime Trinity College head men's ice hockey coach John Dunham, who retired following the 2006-07 season, has been appointed Director of Scouting for the Rome Frenzy of the Federal Hockey League.

"I am excited to be reunited with one of my favorite hockey players in Brian Hall and to be a part of the Rome Frenzy at its inception as we seek to build a first class minor league hockey team for the Rome area," said Dunham.

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied

You are absolutely right. I guess you'll"fix me" lol. Gilmour Tuttle. How could I forget.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Henry View Post
    Should also bring back Gordon Tuttle. Just hope the players don't get stiffed.
    Don't you mean Gilmour Tuttle and his attorney Sam "Small Print" Lyman.

Leave a comment:

• 1timer
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Maybe they will bring in Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown from the old Slap Shot movie.

(Sorry, it had to be done.)
    I dont think this team has a snowballs chance of being successful playing on the reservation. Since the owner made the comment that it will be an all Canandian team where does he think his fan base will come from, Cornwall? This would require folks to pay a $3 bridge toll each way plus $10 to watch a game. If they wants to draw from NNY they will need to land a few local guys from Massena/Potsdam/Canton area. With that said they would then have to find a way for fans from this area to change their loyalty from Clarkson/St Lawrence/High School hockey.
    I wish them luck but I feel they have too many hurdles to clear unless Mr Awwad has an endlees stream of cash that he doesn't mind losing!

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied

Should also bring back Gordon Tuttle. Just hope the players don't get stiffed.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
    This league is a joke Akwasasne can't even field a jr. b team can't wait to see their men's league team playing on their single A team. Can't wait to see how dirty this team is and when they permanently maim someone. Their has always been a shroud of shadiness surrounding Kirnan and his schemes.
    Maybe they will bring in Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown from the old Slap Shot movie.

(Sorry, it had to be done.)

Leave a comment:

• cooperalls
    replied

Good Point!

I still have a puck with a big red Chief on from back in the 80's when I went to a U. Mass Lowell Chiefs game now them were the days!

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    Well, that wasn't the point. UND has said the same thing about THEIR logo and name, but it wasn't acceptable. Oddly, a painted kid on horseback with a flaming spear is...........

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Quote extracted from here: (Bottom of page)
    Well, that wasn't the point. UND has said the same thing about THEIR logo and name, but it wasn't acceptable. Oddly, a painted kid on horseback with a flaming spear is...........

Leave a comment:

• cooperalls
    replied

This league is a joke Akwasasne can't even field a jr. b team can't wait to see their men's league team playing on their single A team. Can't wait to see how dirty this team is and when they permanently maim someone. Their has always been a shroud of shadiness surrounding Kirnan and his schemes.

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Add another team from northern NY (about 30 minutes northeast of Potsdam, 75 minutes northwest of Plattsburgh)

Akwesasne team to play in newly formed Federal Hockey League (Press-Republican article from 3/17/10).

More here.

and this (with video):

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

THe NCAA must be all aquiver that someone would even consider naming that team the "Warriors"!!! THe shame..............
    Quote extracted from here: (Bottom of page)

WHY THE AKWESASNE WARRIORS NAME

According to the Random House Dictionary, the term warrior has two meanings. The first literal use refers to "a man engaged or experienced in warfare." The second figurative use refers to "a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics."

In many societies in which a specialized warrior class exists, specific codes of conduct (ethical codes) are instituted in order to ensure that the warrior class is not corrupted or otherwise dangerous to the rest of society. Warrior codes often have common features and usually value honour in the forms of faith, loyalty and courage. And we expect any player or fan who wears our team jersey to follow these ethical codes.

Having the name Warriors can help bring civic pride, a high profile image and identity to the area.

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied

THe NCAA must be all aquiver that someone would even consider naming that team the "Warriors"!!! THe shame..............

If you have not watched it, See the movie "Frozen River", although most of it was filmed in Plattsburgh and Clinton county!

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

This is Akwesasne - and they ARE Warriors. I do alot of work here.

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
    What exactly is an "international boarder"?
    Somebody from Canada who rents a room that includes meals in the US

Leave a comment:

Working...
X