Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally it has been done. The Federal League is Real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Re: Finally it has been done. The Federal League is Real!

Last I looked @ 1000 Islands, Alex Wyse was on the roster as a goalie. Somebody has (had) him in the FHL.
    Last edited by joecct; 10-16-2010, 05:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• mazile
    replied

Broome lists Clarkson's Kira Hurley as a goaltender on the team - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kira_Hurley

Leave a comment:

• Derek Dunning
    replied

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
    It appears that 4 of the 6 teams (Danbury, Akwesasne, Broome County, and NY) have either posted or are in the process of posting their rosters. I see a few names that I recognize.

Note: Looks like each team has a countdown clock to the first game timed to the millisecond!
    Rome has posted too now.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

EXTREMELY quick scan of the rosters and these were names I recognized. I know I'm probably missing plenty.

Danbury Whalers:
    G.Matthew Lopes, Gustavus Adolphus
    F.Andrew Willock, Plattsburgh State
    D.John Halverson, Trinity

New York Aviators:
    D.Tyler Lyon, Oswego
    G.Chris Testa
    F.Anthony Longo,

Rome Frenzy:
    F.Anthony Monte, Nichols
    D.Kyle Roberts, Morrisville/Oswego
    F.James Muscatello, Fredonia
    D.Craig Cole
    F.David Fimiani, Norwich
    F.Vincent Nucci

The other names sounded familiar but I couldn't place teams with them. They may or may not have played D-III.

Please feel free to add to the list. Once again, this is just what i quickly came up with off the top of my head by scanning the rosters.

Leave a comment:

• UCBadger
    replied

It appears that 4 of the 6 teams (Danbury, Akwesasne, Broome County, and NY) have either posted or are in the process of posting their rosters. I see a few names that I recognize.

Note: Looks like each team has a countdown clock to the first game timed to the millisecond!
    Last edited by UCBadger; 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UCBadger
    replied

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
    Why is this on a D-III thread.
    From this on the upstart Rome team:

"The Frenzy, with the help of the league, have been careful to schedule home games to avoid conflicts with Utica College games at the Utica Memorial Auditorium. Since its inception in 2000, Utica’s team has drawn very well, setting Division 2 & 3 attendance records as members of the highly competitive ECAC. Mayor Brown said that Utica games regularly bring in 2,500-3,000 fans."

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied

I think your being a little harsh. Also I don't think the NHL is hanging by it's fingertips. Danbury and Brooklyn have always done fairly well. Upstate cities don't even support the AHL. The economy up there has been in the crapper for 20 years, the current situation is really nothing new to them. A lot of people on anonymous sites are very quick to say things about people that they would never say to their face. I've looked at a couple of the rosters and they contain a lot of D 1 players and high level D 3 guys, not D 3 castoffs whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    So, is Rome going to play in the Utica Aud? Are there any other "spectator" type rinks in the Rome area for the team to play in?
    They could play in the renovated HS venue,Kennedy Arena,and maybe fill it half-full for the first couple of games...Maybe.

The last thing that's gonna sell tickets in this God-forsaken economy is yet another BS,fists-flying,fly-by-night hockey league,especially one populated by D-3 cast-offs...Christ,the NHL itself is hanging on by it's fingertips,and those guys can actually play!

I doubt the league will survive to complete it's first season.And I guarantee that nearby Utica College will outdraw the Rome team by a country mile.Low-minor hockey is just sad to watch.

Why bother?
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-08-2010, 02:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied

What goes on in the 1000 Islands in between hockey seasons?

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Fir...101189489.html

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Considering achahockey.org and thefederalhockeyleague.com both use goal line network to run their websites, I can't say I'm surprised to see this. Also, that's last year's roster, including the graduated seniors
    Well, they might need to be psychic to post a future roster

I agree, I'm thinking GoalLine Network might be using their ACHA data in training the FHL web staff.

Leave a comment:

• CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Looks like they are posting info on the ACHA Teams , even Siena
    Considering achahockey.org and thefederalhockeyleague.com both use goal line network to run their websites, I can't say I'm surprised to see this. Also, that's last year's roster, including the graduated seniors

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Even the Norwich Club Team A couple of interesting (to me) names on that roster.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Last edited by norm1909; 08-13-2010, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

OgleTHORP!

Trivia: Name the 2 Washington Capitals coaches in the movie...

Leave a comment:

• Saints17
    replied

OglTORP?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X