Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nescac 2014-2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

    Originally posted by Golden007 View Post
    On a roll, in seventh place. Two games to go, to see if they can hold 7th, or maybe squeak into 6th. The only good thing is their remaining opponents are above them, so beating both Amherst and Hamilton would help, but not much. They can own the tiebreaker over Hamilton if they beat them, but that's the only one. Well, except for owning them over Wesleyan and Colby. Losing to and tying Tufts could prove ugly in the end.
    I have to admit that you are absolutely right! Tough row to hoe, but we'll see....
    from behind the iron curtain...

    Comment


    • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

      Originally posted by Golden007 View Post
      On a roll, in seventh place. Two games to go, to see if they can hold 7th, or maybe squeak into 6th. The only good thing is their remaining opponents are above them, so beating both Amherst and Hamilton would help, but not much. They can own the tiebreaker over Hamilton if they beat them, but that's the only one. Well, except for owning them over Wesleyan and Colby. Losing to and tying Tufts could prove ugly in the end.
      Losing to and tying Tufts is already pretty ugly when you consider the fact that the Tufts goalie who accomplished this is a sophomore transfer who was enrolled last year at…… Middlebury. Too bad the Panthers can't find goalies like that.

      Comment


      • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

        So who wins the tie break between Williams and Conn College?

        EDIT - Hockey in the 'cac has the answer. BTW the site has been hacked..
        Hockey in the 'Cac @hockeyinthecac · 1 hour ago
        Based on NESCAC published criteria, Conn would get 3 seed and Williams 4.
        Last edited by joecct; 02-21-2015, 06:36 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

        Comment


        • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

          Originally posted by puckyderm View Post
          Losing to and tying Tufts is already pretty ugly when you consider the fact that the Tufts goalie who accomplished this is a sophomore transfer who was enrolled last year at…… Middlebury. Too bad the Panthers can't find goalies like that.
          They can, but they treat goalies like lepers, so Middlebury keepers ride the carousel, transfer, quit or decommit and go elsewhere. It's not difficult with social media to figure out what's really goin on. The connections these kids make through the years in youth and junior hockey, selects, summer teams, etc. that they talk. Ever notice how recent Middlebury recruits (all positions) are more commonly from faraway places? Western Canada, Korea, etc? The only way they can get new blood that isn't tainted is to tell the lies further away from Vermont!

          Comment


          • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

            Originally posted by puckyderm View Post
            Losing to and tying Tufts is already pretty ugly when you consider the fact that the Tufts goalie who accomplished this is a sophomore transfer who was enrolled last year at…… Middlebury. Too bad the Panthers can't find goalies like that.
            They can, but they treat goalies like lepers, so Middlebury keepers ride the carousel, transfer, quit or decommit and go elsewhere. It's not difficult with social media to figure out what's really goin on. The connections these kids make through the years in youth and junior hockey, selects, summer teams, etc. that they talk. Ever notice how recent Middlebury recruits (all positions) are more commonly from faraway places? Western Canada, Korea, etc? The only way they can get new blood that isn't tainted is to tell the lies further away from Vermont!

            Comment


            • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

              Originally posted by puckyderm View Post
              Losing to and tying Tufts is already pretty ugly when you consider the fact that the Tufts goalie who accomplished this is a sophomore transfer who was enrolled last year at…… Middlebury. Too bad the Panthers can't find goalies like that.
              Yup -- and the kid that Middlebury recruited over him is long gone from Middlebury and now playing junior hockey. .

              Comment


              • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                First round action up today. See the Bantams and Lord Jeffs are 1 and 2 in the NCAA East rankings. Lots of hand wringing going in the SUNYAC and at Norwich. Does the NCAA take academics into consideration?

                Trinity vs Tufts (1 vs 8): Hard not to against Trinity here. Bantams roll with a handy 6-1 win.
                Amherst vs Middlebury (2 vs 7): The Panthers have a punchers chance at best. Not the same group from prior years. Amherst is ready and prevails 4-2.
                Conn College vs Hamilton (3 vs 6): First time for the Camels in the upper tier. Upset special with the Continentals getting the win 3-2.
                Williams vs Bowdoin (4 vs 5): Williams has home ice and that's the only difference between theses two teams. Polar Bears do again as the 5 seed and win 5-3.

                Comment


                • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                  Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                  First round action up today. See the Bantams and Lord Jeffs are 1 and 2 in the NCAA East rankings. Lots of hand wringing going in the SUNYAC and at Norwich. Does the NCAA take academics into consideration?

                  Trinity vs Tufts (1 vs 8): Hard not to against Trinity here. Bantams roll with a handy 6-1 win.
                  Amherst vs Middlebury (2 vs 7): The Panthers have a punchers chance at best. Not the same group from prior years. Amherst is ready and prevails 4-2.
                  Conn College vs Hamilton (3 vs 6): First time for the Camels in the upper tier. Upset special with the Continentals getting the win 3-2.
                  Williams vs Bowdoin (4 vs 5): Williams has home ice and that's the only difference between theses two teams. Polar Bears do again as the 5 seed and win 5-3.
                  Good picks! I tend to agree with them all except the Conn. College - Hamilton game. I think Conn will win that one 4-3.
                  Trinity will handle Tufts pretty easily...7-2.
                  I think Amherst has Middlebury beat. Heard today that Midd's top scorer (Charles) is out and their goalie (Klein) is also out. Have to get a lot of bounces for them to beat Amherst. I'll go 3-1 in that game for Amherst.
                  Williams continues their trend of never winning anything and bows out to Bowdoin today, by a score of 4-2.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                    Well, that didn't work out so well....Who will Tufts play next?
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

                    Comment


                    • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                      Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                      Well, that didn't work out so well....Who will Tufts play next?
                      Amherst, which will host next weekend

                      Comment


                      • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                        Wow, Tufts gets the upset special over #1 Trinity yesterday. Amherst will now host and has the path to the title with the Bantams on the sidelines. The issue now for Trinity is they need the Lord Jeffs to win out to have a shot at an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. If Amherst gets to the NESCAC final and loses, how then can Trinity be judged ahead of Amherst for an at-large bid?

                        Comment


                        • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                          Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                          Wow, Tufts gets the upset special over #1 Trinity yesterday. Amherst will now host and has the path to the title with the Bantams on the sidelines. The issue now for Trinity is they need the Lord Jeffs to win out to have a shot at an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. If Amherst gets to the NESCAC final and loses, how then can Trinity be judged ahead of Amherst for an at-large bid?
                          By virtue of better Win%, COP%, and Last 25%?
                          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                            Originally posted by peddler View Post
                            By virtue of better Win%, COP%, and Last 25%?
                            And didn't the last 25% include a loss to Amherst head to head?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                              And didn't the last 25% include a loss to Amherst head to head?
                              Im not a math major but 9 games isnt 25%..

                              1-1-0 head to head...Doesn't mean squat in last 25... 6-1-0 is still impressive....Trinity wins, period.
                              Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-01-2015, 10:47 AM.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

                              Comment


                              • Re: Nescac 2014-2015

                                Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Im not a math major but 9 games isnt 25%..

                                1-1-0 head to head...Doesn't mean squat in last 25... 6-1-0 is still impressive....Trinity wins, period.
                                Trinity 6-1 last 25% includes wins against NESCAC bottom feeders Colby and Wesleyan twice and a loss to Tufts when it counted. Only Williams was a top 4 conference team in the 7 games played. Wins against Midd and Bowdoin don't carry the cache it once did. So if you are telling me that the last 25% matters, then I'm not impressed if they can't seal a spot vs a perennial NESCAC also ran. I still say Trinity needs Amherst to win out to get consideration for at large bid. Not a Trinity hater, just trying to speculate with objectivity with the realization there is plenty of subjectivity in the equation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X