X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2014-2015

Weekend predictions......

Friday Jan 30
    Trinity over Amherst in the game of the day. Bantams appear talent loaded this season and are also loaded for bear based on missing the NCAA's last season. Lord Jeffs won't have enough to stay with Trinity for 60-mins.
    Williams over Conn College. Expect it to be close but the Ephs find a way.
    Hamilton over Wesleyan. Hapless Cardinals take it on the chin again.
    Middlebury beats Tufts. Settling on a goalie is the spark the Panthers need to get into the top 4 by seasons end.

Saturday Jan 31
    Amherst over Wesleyan. The Lord Jeffs salvage 2 points from the weekend.
    Trinity over Hamilton. Bantams keep it going.
    Middlebury over Conn Coll. See Friday.
    Williams beats Tufts. Jumbos are not as good as the Camels, so the Ephs should be OK.
    Colby gets a non-conference win at Southern Maine.

Comment

Here's a surprise, Trinity lost to Amherst.
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        And Conn Coll beat Williams and the Jumbos took out the Panthers.

Must be the water.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          Is it that surprising? Amherst is a darn good team...I thought that game was a toss up. Especially with Amherst at home.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            And Conn Coll beat Williams and the Jumbos took out the Panthers.

Must be the water.
            Also, once again, I was still not sold on the Panthers. They had one great weekend in a season of continued mediocrity to date. You can't win when you average 2.5 goals per game.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Also, once again, I was still not sold on the Panthers. They had one great weekend in a season of continued mediocrity to date. You can't win when you average 2.5 goals per game.
              But they did out shot their opponent by better than 1.5 to 1 - and with only a 2 minute advantage on the power play. But you are right, they need to find the back of the net.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                But they did out shot their opponent by better than 1.5 to 1 - and with only a 2 minute advantage on the power play. But you are right, they need to find the back of the net.
                You have to go to the net to find the back of it. Midd continues to shoot from the outside hoping for deflections. Their lone goal came from Pimental's effort to get in close. Tip-toeing around the perimeter doesn't get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                  Weekend predictions......

Friday Jan 30
                  Trinity over Amherst in the game of the day. Bantams appear talent loaded this season and are also loaded for bear based on missing the NCAA's last season. Lord Jeffs won't have enough to stay with Trinity for 60-mins.
                  Williams over Conn College. Expect it to be close but the Ephs find a way.
                  Hamilton over Wesleyan. Hapless Cardinals take it on the chin again.
                  Middlebury beats Tufts. Settling on a goalie is the spark the Panthers need to get into the top 4 by seasons end.

Saturday Jan 31
                  Amherst over Wesleyan. The Lord Jeffs salvage 2 points from the weekend.
                  Trinity over Hamilton. Bantams keep it going.
                  Middlebury over Conn Coll. See Friday.
                  Williams beats Tufts. Jumbos are not as good as the Camels, so the Ephs should be OK.
                  Colby gets a non-conference win at Southern Maine.

1-3 for Friday. Only Hamilton come through. More of the same for today?

Comment

I said it before, and I'll say it again... Watch out, here come the Camels!

Meanwhile, put a fork in the Mules. If they were going to do anything this season, they should have made a move by now. Last night... Oh, nevermind...
                    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Very true. The Panthers really showed their mediocrity....in fact, I wonder when the last time they were beaten by Tufts and Connecticut in the same weekend. How can Middlebury sway from from such an impressive weekend, to tying a slumping Bowdoin team and eeking out an OT win vs. Colby at home, to going on the road and losing both to teams they should beat? No discredit to Tufts and Conn. They are playing well and obviously being coached well. Not the Panthers. They are on track to be the worst team in recent history. I know they've lost a lot of players recently, and maybe what drove them off is wearing down on those who remain. It's a shame, and the way the rest of the schedule looks, they might be lucky to get another win.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden007 View Post
                        Very true. The Panthers really showed their mediocrity....in fact, I wonder when the last time they were beaten by Tufts and Connecticut in the same weekend. How can Middlebury sway from from such an impressive weekend, to tying a slumping Bowdoin team and eeking out an OT win vs. Colby at home, to going on the road and losing both to teams they should beat? No discredit to Tufts and Conn. They are playing well and obviously being coached well. Not the Panthers. They are on track to be the worst team in recent history. I know they've lost a lot of players recently, and maybe what drove them off is wearing down on those who remain. It's a shame, and the way the rest of the schedule looks, they might be lucky to get another win.
                        Which players have they lost lately? I know Silcoff left weeks ago -- are there others?

Comment

Originally posted by OLD GUY '61 View Post
                          Which players have they lost lately? I know Silcoff left weeks ago -- are there others?
                          The ones that I know of...

Connor Frick - high end defensemen, concussions have forced him to stop playing hockey.
                          Travis Stephens - top recruit this year from BCHL, tore his ACL first weekend of the year and is out for the year.

They also lost two big recruits according to the NESCAC blog...

Matt Dupont, one of the top 10 scorers in the CCHL last year enrolled at a Canadian University
                          Jake Emilio, a high end defensemen, decided to play in the BCHL this year.

Those 4, along with losing Silcoff, probably would be 5 of the top players on the team. You take them away and everyone is playing up a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofhockey1 View Post

Connor Frick - high end defensemen, concussions have forced him to stop playing hockey.
                            Travis Stephens - top recruit this year from BCHL, tore his ACL first weekend of the year and is out for the year.

Matt Dupont, one of the top 10 scorers in the CCHL last year enrolled at a Canadian University

Those 4, along with losing Silcoff, probably would be 5 of the top players on the team. You take them away and everyone is playing up a spot.
                            Does anybody know what happened with Silcoff?

This team is totally baffling. And its clearly not just spotty goaltending. One goal for the weekend versus Tufts and ConnColl. (or anybody for that matter) is not going to do it

Comment

Originally posted by fanofhockey1 View Post

Very true. Also missing from this year's roster are Robbie Dobrowski (F, senior, Vermont HS player of the year), Riley Dickie (F, junior), and Drew Michals (G, NHL Central Scouting List, sophomore). I think all of these guys would make a difference facing Tufts and Conn! I'm not sure why the Middlebury G NESCAC player of the week was benched on Friday vs. Tufts, but after beating Plattsburgh and Norwich, they've had a steady decline back into the toilet. Tying Bowdoin and the OT win over Colby amounted to a marginally good weekend, but what followed that was pitiful. All of Middlebury's remaining opponents have better records except one, so the soft part of the schedule is past, with a losing record. Those impressive OOC wins just show how inconsistent this team is. It's baffling.

Comment

Pick a game. Final score 2-1.
                                Last edited by OhioMule; 02-06-2015, 09:51 PM.
                                Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Working...
                                X