St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Things are pretty good when all you have to worry/post about is a shut-out.........or not.........its good to be the king

Comment

Enough of this Holiday break....time to get serious!! Kick it off with a great match up:
      Game preview of the Ntl Championship rematch between Stevens Point and SNC from the CCC this Sat nite...
      http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...hockey15-7.pdf
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I think Jake was a bit off his game Saturday night giving up 4 goals in the first two periods. I believe the last time he had an "off" game like that and gave up more than two goals was the last time the team lost...... back on Feb 1 2014 against Adrian.
        After that loss, he bounced back and only gave up 8 goals in the next 10 games en route to the title. Let's hope history repeats.

Comment

Solid 7 - 1 win by the Green Knights last night over Concordia Wis...we came out firing on all cylinders in overwhelming the visitors.
          New sparkling white nets were installed in the goals and none of the goals were contested, unlike the last home game vs Point.
          Pijus Rulevicius led the way with two goals and one assist. Mason Baptista netted one goal and two assists, while Tyler Zepeda contributed three assists.
          With the 2 -- 2 tie in Duluth, between CSS and Adrian, SNC moves into a first place conference tie with the Bulldogs, each with 17 points.
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

It was great seeing them from the comfort of my chair tonight. Solid road win. After bottoming out MSOE has some nice young players. Good to see them back on the rise.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

With all due kudos to MSOE for outplaying SNC, a disappointing loss from the SNC side. Just couldn't generate enough quality shots much less convert them. The lack of shots on the major was disturbing

Time to get it together for next week!
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Just heard a troubling rumor about an injury to Jacobsen. I'll leave it to you to confirm in due time.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

They aren't going anywhere without Jake and they don't have a 3rd goalie anymore so it better not be anything big.

Got outworked for 120 minutes this weekend for loose pucks and in the face off circle. Not the kind of effort this program has set the bar for.
                  Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                  2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                  2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                  Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                    They aren't going anywhere without Jake and they don't have a 3rd goalie anymore so it better not be anything big.

Got outworked for 120 minutes this weekend for loose pucks and in the face off circle. Not the kind of effort this program has set the bar for.
                    Ollie the goalie didn't make the trip with SNC, or is he no longer with the program?

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      Ollie the goalie didn't make the trip with SNC, or is he no longer with the program?
                      Don't see him on the roster anymore.
                      At this point they need the Holy Goalie to intervene.

Comment

If a Harris Cup is in SNC's future, it looks like it will have to be won on the road. The only chance of home ice throughout is if Adrian drops 3 of their remaining 4 and SNC sweeps their last 4. In that scenario, LF has to sweep Adrian, but still drop one of their other remaining 3 to either Lawrence or MSOE. That seems unlikely, so the boys will have to figure out how to win in Adrian or hope for Adrian to be upset along the way…if in fact, they don't falter in the first two rounds themselves.

From my understanding, Ollie did go home at the end of the first semester, but should be back in the fall. If Jacobson's injury is serious, they may have to bring up a tender from the JV squad to back up Kujava.

Comment

I'm not a doctor. I do not play one on USCHO. I do not wish to speculate on the severity of any injury. That's not fair to Jacobsen. But I will tell you what I saw with my own two eyes: I did see him hobble off the ice during pregame warmups this afternoon, with the assistance of what looked to be trainers as he came off the bench. He was not in uniform during the game. I also saw him in a boot after the game, not walking the best.

That's all I have.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Also, safe travels to those who came this weekend. This storm is supposed to hit about 2 AM, and I have the feeling tomorrow is going to be a mess around here. Be safe.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I'm not a doctor. I do not play one on USCHO. I do not wish to speculate on the severity of any injury. That's not fair to Jacobsen. But I will tell you what I saw with my own two eyes: I did see him hobble off the ice during pregame warmups this afternoon, with the assistance of what looked to be trainers as he came off the bench. He was not in uniform during the game. I also saw him in a boot after the game, not walking the best.

That's all I have.
                              Thanks for the beta Hammer, and congrats on the weekend. Your impartial takes make it more difficult to dislike Adrian. I'm hoping Jacobson's injury is some sort of puck inflicted contusion as opposed to any sort of ligament strain or tear.

Also hoping SNC has a return trip to Adrian in their future this season...

Comment

Well our two car loads hit the road right after the buzzer to try and beat the storms. No issues so far which is great. If you recall the adrian goal waived off Friday when there was a lot of action right in front of David. Believe someone stepped on his ankle, there was a cut which lead to a brief visit to the bench. All we know and hope he recovers as yes Oly not with the team. It was nice to find the back of the net Saturday, but yet still fell short. We had a nice time, chatted with a few bulldog fans and overall good experience...except for dropping two. Just going through Chicago hope to hit Green Bay at midnight

Comment

Working...
                                X