St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

I wonder if DePaul fans are going to freak out about this secret scrimmage at Wisconsin. LINK

Comment

Cute.

Obviously apples and oranges... that's two D1 teams who could, if they wanted, face each other in the regular season. It's not two teams from different divisions... and a situation where there conflicting information about if it would be open or not. Clearly, the UW/DePaul thing is not, but that wasn't the case...

But a good jab ...
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
        How about I read what I want to when I want to? Is that ok with you, grandpa?
        Read what you want. Just understand that Pete is our guy and when you take cheap shots at him they won't be free.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          I wonder if DePaul fans are going to freak out about this secret scrimmage at Wisconsin. LINK
          C'mon Chuck. Really?
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Couple comments from both coaches about Saturday's scrimmage in Madison:
            http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...mage/17680213/
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
              Couple comments from both coaches about Saturday's scrimmage in Madison:
              http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...mage/17680213/
              Just a few thoughts...

Wisconsin and St. Norbert will compete in a closed scrimmage at LeBahn Arena in Madison at 7 p.m. Saturday. The decision to close the event to the public was made by the Badgers.
              KFC called, they want their CHICKEN back.....

Although it's being classified as a scrimmage, Coghlin said, the meeting between the squads will consist of three 20-minute periods, like a game.

"Our rule books are different," Coghlin said about DI and DIII scheduling procedures. "If you look at it from St. Norbert's perspective, (DIII rules) state an outside scrimmage, an exhibition game, a nonconference game and a conference game all count the same. We have no additional games above our 25.
              Umm no. You are allowed an international and or developmental team scrimmage/exhibition at your home rink the weekend before opening night that DOES NOT count towards your 25 game schedule (see Plattsburgh vs. Quebec All Star and Oswego vs. USDT (gives both 26 total games).So no, they don't all count the same.

"So, whatever outside competition we have is accounted on our schedule. The bottom line is we are replacing our intrasquad scrimmage with the scrimmage down there against them. It goes as one of our 25 (games)."
              I'm only seeing 24 games still. Maybe its just me or is Coghlin beating around the bush and avoiding simply saying "UW needed a game but was to afraid we would beat them so they don't want the public and their fans to be embarrassed being beaten by a lowly DIII team, so its closed"....being swept in Alaska is embarrassing enough....

I hope for the SNC fans sake and the teams sake that they don't need another DIII win come selection time. Giving up a potential W to a DIII team to play a closed door scrimmage that no one will even know happened could come back to bite them. Nothing bad against SNC, but how can you not laugh at UW talk about being skeered.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Do you think Wisconsin wanted to play the whatever it is at the CCC? That's the only way that SNC could get the extra game
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Do you think Wisconsin wanted to play the whatever it is at the CCC? That's the only way that SNC could get the extra game
                  I realize this Joe. I was pointing out what Coghlin was stating is wrong. "(DIII rules) state an outside scrimmage, an exhibition game, a nonconference game and a conference game all count the same...." You CAN have exhibitions NOT count towards your 25 game schedule. I didn't say it HAD to be UW. "We have no additional games above our 25"... You're not at 25 games, meaning the UW vs. SNC tilt COULD have been GAME #25, but someone was too scared. Like I said, you're giving up a potential DIII win, game for your fans, NCAA implications to play a closed door what ever you call it. I understand UW wouldn't come to the CCC, that's fine. Point is, you're going to WILLINGLY give up 1 of your already minimal small DIII ice hockey schedule for a closed door what ever you call it? And as it states, it was UW who wanted it closed. Come Selction SunMonday if it comes back to hurt SNC will they look at it different? It's plain as day to see UW is just scared of losing to a DIII school and what it would do to its program. Hats off to Dartmouth and Princeton who WASN'T afraid to play DIII teams!! If the game is going to count towards your 25, make it a game. It's too bad the article didn't ask UW WHY they wanted it closed...hmm....I bet we would see a "next question" quote. I love the quote too about potentially opening the game up in the future...soooo it other words, ...if we lay the smack down on SNC behind closed doors we will allow people to watch next year. If SNC keeps it close or *gulp* beats us, the doors stay shut and we probably go find someone else.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

whats the distance btwn teams,is the 500 mile rule in effect??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      whats the distance btwn teams,is the 500 mile rule in effect??
                      Intra state in Wisconsin it's the 500 cheese rule.

SNC loses 1/25 of the schedule. I don't think it's going to impact them too much. BTW, NESCAC schools are conference limited to 24 games.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        I realize this Joe. I was pointing out what Coghlin was stating is wrong. "(DIII rules) state an outside scrimmage, an exhibition game, a nonconference game and a conference game all count the same...." You CAN have exhibitions NOT count towards your 25 game schedule. I didn't say it HAD to be UW. "We have no additional games above our 25"... You're not at 25 games, meaning the UW vs. SNC tilt COULD have been GAME #25, but someone was too scared. Like I said, you're giving up a potential DIII win, game for your fans, NCAA implications to play a closed door what ever you call it. I understand UW wouldn't come to the CCC, that's fine. Point is, you're going to WILLINGLY give up 1 of your already minimal small DIII ice hockey schedule for a closed door what ever you call it? And as it states, it was UW who wanted it closed. Come Selction SunMonday if it comes back to hurt SNC will they look at it different? It's plain as day to see UW is just scared of losing to a DIII school and what it would do to its program. Hats off to Dartmouth and Princeton who WASN'T afraid to play DIII teams!! If the game is going to count towards your 25, make it a game. It's too bad the article didn't ask UW WHY they wanted it closed...hmm....I bet we would see a "next question" quote. I love the quote too about potentially opening the game up in the future...soooo it other words, ...if we lay the smack down on SNC behind closed doors we will allow people to watch next year. If SNC keeps it close or *gulp* beats us, the doors stay shut and we probably go find someone else.
                        Is what it is. The exhibition probably isn't exactly what Coghlin and SNC thought they were signing up for, but it could still prove to be a valuable experience for the team. 24 D3 games, 25 D3 games, whatever. SNC doesn't play or schedule for Pool C's. If they're playing their best hockey at the end of the season it won't matter how many official games they've played.

But yes, I understand their Pairwise comparison will be lower than if they had kept St. Thomas on their schedule as originally planned (perhaps win OR lose.)
                        Last edited by altazo; 10-22-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Be it a scrimmage or whatever...it is will be interesting because you know the boys on both sides will not be treating it as such! It will be fun to see how it goes Saturday night. Reading some of the comments posted on the Badgers thread, it sounds like they needed this "scrimmage" more than another game to count against their record. Hopefully this will give the SNC boys a little more confidence going into next weekends start of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by WIFan423 View Post
                            Be it a scrimmage or whatever...it is will be interesting because you know the boys on both sides will not be treating it as such! It will be fun to see how it goes Saturday night. Reading some of the comments posted on the Badgers thread, it sounds like they needed this "scrimmage" more than another game to count against their record. Hopefully this will give the SNC boys a little more confidence going into next weekends start of the regular season.
                            man I dont think they need anymore confidence...PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              man I dont think they need anymore confidence...PLEASE
                              For the guys who've been there done that before I agree but they have 7 newcomers to the program that need to step in and step up...confidence is still needed for them and the older guys to have that confidence in the newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Just a few thoughts...

KFC called, they want their CHICKEN back.....

Umm no. You are allowed an international and or developmental team scrimmage/exhibition at your home rink the weekend before opening night that DOES NOT count towards your 25 game schedule (see Plattsburgh vs. Quebec All Star and Oswego vs. USDT (gives both 26 total games).So no, they don't all count the same.

I'm only seeing 24 games still. Maybe its just me or is Coghlin beating around the bush and avoiding simply saying "UW needed a game but was to afraid we would beat them so they don't want the public and their fans to be embarrassed being beaten by a lowly DIII team, so its closed"....being swept in Alaska is embarrassing enough....

I hope for the SNC fans sake and the teams sake that they don't need another DIII win come selection time. Giving up a potential W to a DIII team to play a closed door scrimmage that no one will even know happened could come back to bite them. Nothing bad against SNC, but how can you not laugh at UW talk about being skeered.
                                just read this.......".KFC called they want their CHICKEN back"...first +1 of the season as far as I am concerned.LMAO..

Comment

Working...
                                X