St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Joe Perry (F) signed with the Quad City Mallards of the CHL.
    2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
    THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      Questioning the logic behind this scrimmage/practice/whatever implies you're questioning the logic of Tim Coghlin. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but the historical track record suggests that anyone who doesn't think this is being done for specific reasons should stop huffing the Glade before it does any permanent damage.
      My understanding is that Coghlin presented the opportunity but left it up to the players to decide if it was worth giving up a non conference game over.....fully understanding that it could possibly have a negative impact in stats and tournament consideration at the end of the year if they didn't win the conference tourney.
      However, it's also my understanding that the players were under the impression it was going to be a game type format (exhibition, scrimmage, whatever...)
      I wonder if they would have made he same decision if they knew it was a "practice"?
      Given all of that, I suppose they could still play a "game" behind closed doors. It would still help SNC confidence knowing they can compete very well against Wisconsin....which I'm sure they will... and it probably won't hurt Wisconsin confidence since they won't keep score (though the boys will know....).
      Mutual respect on both sides to be gained without actual bragging rights. Perhaps both teams can also dress more players and run 5 lines through?
      Just wish I could watch

Comment

Former SNC star, Johan Ryd, has signed with the Rapid City Rush (CHL).

Also, Kyle Stroh '13 has signed with the Florida Everblades (ECHL).
        Last edited by MW49; 08-27-2014, 04:54 PM.
        2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
        THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

The Green Knights are getting their Ntl Championship rings tonight....it must almost be Hockey time again!!
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            The Green Knights are getting their Ntl Championship rings tonight....it must almost be Hockey time again!!
            Success is the cornerstone of that school.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Here's a pick of ring #4.
              https://mobile.twitter.com/sncsid/media/grid?idx=0&tid=505896428556648448

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                Here's a pick of ring #4.
                https://mobile.twitter.com/sncsid/media/grid?idx=0&tid=505896428556648448
                Nice!
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

The boys have hit the ice in preparation for the 2014-15 season with their 'unofficial' practices...
                  Update on the scrimmage with UW on Oct. 25 -- the event will be open to the public....
                  Somebody finally came to their senses!!
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

The boys have hit the ice in preparation for the 2014-15 season with their 'unofficial' practices...
                    Update on the scrimmage with UW on Oct. 25 -- the event will be open to the public....
                    Somebody finally came to their senses!!

The game is not open to the public.

Comment

cant we all just get along

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        The game is not open to the public.
                        ...the game is not listed on Wisconsin's schedule, making it rather difficult to obtain tickets and attend....
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          ...the game is not listed on Wisconsin's schedule, making it rather difficult to obtain tickets and attend....
                          It's not even a game, it's a scrimmage. A glorified practice.

I've spoken with Wisconsin twice now, including once this morning, and they confirmed once again it's not an event that is open to spectators.

Comment

If this thing does turn out to be nothing more than a glorified practice that no one can watch then what is the actual point of it? It seems like waste of time and I can't figure out what either team is going to gain by it. Doesn't the Wisconsin basketball team still play exhibitions against some D-3 schools? I know they used to and it would be nice to see the hockey team do the same.
                            I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                              If this thing does turn out to be nothing more than a glorified practice that no one can watch then what is the actual point of it? It seems like waste of time and I can't figure out what either team is going to gain by it. Doesn't the Wisconsin basketball team still play exhibitions against some D-3 schools? I know they used to and it would be nice to see the hockey team do the same.
                              UW plays Ripon this year in hoops. But the rule that allows that may be a hoops only thing...
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                UW plays Ripon this year in hoops. But the rule that allows that may be a hoops only thing...
                                DIII can play DI. Happens all the time. Sounds plan and simple, UW is afraid of losing to a DIII team. Now if its closed (aka practice) to NOT use up one of the 25 game limit then thats fine....however, thats not the current case being told.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X