X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Just keep winning.....GKP!!!
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
      Just keep winning.....GKP!!!
      SNC has something to prove (to themselves) with the return trip to Adrian...
      I like the way the team is playing defense at this point...and we know that has been a successful formula for the Green Knights in the past..
      Also great to see senior Chris Rial step up with his two goals last night....
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Can you say Road Trip!!

Comment

Tough end to the season. Fought hard and if wasn't for the terrible goal wave off call who knows tonight but there just was some physical presence missing. Gotta get bigger and stronger.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

• Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
            Tough end to the season. Fought hard and if wasn't for the terrible goal wave off call who knows tonight but there just was some physical presence missing. Gotta get bigger and stronger.
            Usually I agree with you, but that's not a bad call. Goalie was clearly knocked down well before the puck was in the net.
            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
              Usually I agree with you, but that's not a bad call. Goalie was clearly knocked down well before the puck was in the net.
              I was standing right there. Honestly was a bit hard to tell. We are all scratching our head over the penalty shot call in the first period. Adrian played well and we lost.
              Snc looked way better than our last trip over here....but a little too late.

Comment

Penalty shot was the right call. As soon as Kujo tossed his stick Tim Derozier and Chris both said it should be a penalty shot.

Comment

Another strong season by the boys. And, even though the chances look slim, hopefully it's not over just yet.

I'm torn. With the western region's success in recent tournies and the finals being in MN I think it should be a 7-4 split, but on the other hand I'm not sure SNC gets in after not being able to gain a single point against a conference foe in three attempts. Sure would love to see two western quarters with Hamline at Point and SNC heading right back to Arrington. The committee would have to swap SNC and Hamline's western seedings due to travel restrictions in order to make that happen. But sadly, Hamline to Point in a play-in with the winner at Adrian in a quarter seems pretty tidy too, and I'm not sure Hamline deserves a bye to the quarters as described in my ideal scenario. I have some other thoughts, but I'll wait to see how things shake out in the next day or so...

In the meantime, go Amherst!

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    Another strong season by the boys. And, even though the chances look slim, hopefully it's not over just yet.

I'm torn. With the western region's success in recent tournies and the finals being in MN I think it should be a 7-4 split, but on the other hand I'm not sure SNC gets in after not being able to gain a single point against a conference foe in three attempts. Sure would love to see two western quarters with Hamline at Point and SNC heading right back to Arrington. The committee would have to swap SNC and Hamline's western seedings due to travel restrictions in order to make that happen. But sadly, Hamline to Point in a play-in with the winner at Adrian in a quarter seems pretty tidy too, and I'm not sure Hamline deserves a bye to the quarters as described in my ideal scenario. I have some other thoughts, but I'll wait to see how things shake out in the next day or so...

In the meantime, go Amherst!
                    Here is what the bracket looks like:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...ey_2014-15.pdf SEE PAGE 19

I'm still hopeful. Hamline cannot travel to Adrian (631 miles) and I don't see how Hamline can get a bye to the quarters. So, they have to play a first round game in the bottom pairing. If they play Stevens Point and actually win, who would be waiting for them in the quarter? Due to mileage there would be no one waiting for them in an 8-3 split? If I have these rules wrong, I apologize for this line of thinking. At any rate, if Adrian can't wait for Hamline, it would make sense for Adrian to get a bye to the top quarters pairing against an East team that is within 500 miles. Then Hamline plays a first round game against St. Norbert/River Falls/Eau Claire and Stevens Point would get the bye to the quarters waiting for that winner. I like St. Norbert over River Falls and Eau Claire with the better win % and L25. St. Norbert has a H2H win over Eau Claire who is 4-2 against River Falls. I think that makes sense. If they don't get in, it was a solid season. Only 3 road losses all at the same place…outshooting them, and IMO, outplaying them in two of those games (minus the first 8 minutes in game 1). To have only 6 losses on the season and 4 of those to be against the two teams ranked ahead of you is nothing to be ashamed of.
                    Last edited by snc11; 03-08-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                      Here is what the bracket looks like:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...ey_2014-15.pdf SEE PAGE 19

I'm still hopeful. Hamline cannot travel to Adrian (631 miles) and I don't see how Hamline can get a bye to the quarters. So, they have to play a first round game in the bottom pairing. If they play Stevens Point and actually win, who would be waiting for them in the quarter? Due to mileage there would be no one waiting for them in an 8-3 split? If I have these rules wrong, I apologize for this line of thinking. At any rate, if Adrian can't wait for Hamline, it would make sense for Adrian to get a bye to the top quarters pairing against an East team that is within 500 miles. Then Hamline plays a first round game against St. Norbert/River Falls/Eau Claire and Stevens Point would get the bye to the quarters waiting for that winner. I like St. Norbert over River Falls and Eau Claire with the better win % and L25. St. Norbert has a H2H win over Eau Claire who is 4-2 against River Falls. I think that makes sense. If they don't get in, it was a solid season. Only 3 road losses all at the same place…outshooting them, and IMO, outplaying them in two of those games (minus the first 8 minutes in game 1). To have only 6 losses on the season and 4 of those to be against the two teams ranked ahead of you is nothing to be ashamed of.
                      The bracket might not look exactly like that. They'll play around with it when seeding teams. You could end up with all of the play-in games on one side of the bracket, or you could have the 3 play-ins going to 3 separate teams with a bye to the QFs.

The fact that there are 11 teams, with 3 play-in games and 5 teams with first-round byes is the ONLY guarantee. The actual placement of those play-in games on the bracket is up to the committee.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Well, see you all at the Cornerstone in November.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

wow this is so crazy to not be in...............time to build for next year! We'll be in our usual Section E next season

Comment

We feel your pain, Knight fans. We lost our goaltender around the same time you did (cost us two games at home over a weekend). It's been a great run for St. Norbert, and I'm sure this is just a bump in the road...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Well, the offseason has started. And I took the "bolds" off my signature for the current titles.

That said, thanks to Coach Tim, his staff and the players for a very good season. It may not have ended with titles, but second place finishes for the regular season and NCHA playoffs are nothing to complain about. This team was in the position to compete for titles - and sometimes the 'breaks' just don't go your way. This year, that was true literally and figuratively, unfortunately.
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Although this was not the ending any of us was hoping for, I would like to thank the Coaches, the Staff, the green knights broadcast duo, the fans and all the amazing people we have met over the last 4 years. The four years we have been a part of this team have been more than we could have imagined it has been a great ride for the boys! CONGRATS to them all job well done. Keep your heads up, and on to the Next Chapter
                                Last edited by sncgoaliemom31; 03-09-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X