Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Manhattanville Valiants 2014-15 Season: Finally Returning Home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
    Oswego. Largest and loudest student fan base of any venue ice been to
    Which rink? For intimidation, I would say Romney hands down; smaller, closer, reputation and louder.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      Which rink? For intimidation, I would say Romney hands down; smaller, closer, reputation and louder.
      you were never at the old Duke were you......back when Middlebury had fans
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: The Manhattanville Valiants 2014-15 Season: Finally Returning Home.

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        The winner.

The most intimidating college hockey rinks no longer exist. In D1 it was Walker Arena at Clarkson. In D3 it was Romney (BEFORE the renovation when they still had chain link fencing instead of glass and it was egg shaped). Heck, even RIT is abandoning Ritter Arena.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          The winner.

The most intimidating college hockey rinks no longer exist. In D1 it was Walker Arena at Clarkson. In D3 it was Romney (BEFORE the renovation when they still had chain link fencing instead of glass and it was egg shaped). Heck, even RIT is abandoning Ritter Arena.
          the ZooCrew was rough for sure, the dark Domes at ELmira College weren't that easy to play in going back a few years

Comment

From what I heard the early 90's Rowdy crowd at Stevens Point made the Corner Crew at RIT look like child's play.

I would have liked to have been at the Willett in those years.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              From what I heard the early 90's Rowdy crowd at Stevens Point made the Corner Crew at RIT look like child's play.

I would have liked to have been at the Willett in those years.
              I got to witness the Rowdy Crowd toward the tail end of their run....fun group of rabid hockey fans....Webb, Wormser, Caveman, etc...
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Where do you rank Kreitzberg and Kenyon in the "funeral home" standings? Especially during school breaks. Middlebury's "White-Out" attempt this year was laughable... pretty sure I saw a lot of blue, some green, some purple, a bit of red, and almost no white... and where were the fans?
                The All-North Country Ice Hockey and Skating Rink... err... Stafford has had times where it's like watching a golf game. No offense.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  The All-North Country Ice Hockey and Skating Rink... err... Stafford has had times where it's like watching a golf game. No offense.
                  Please....I've heard louder crowds at the Masters.....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The winner.

I think the OLD Taylor Arena would give any DIII arena a run for most intimidating, whether it was the chain link days, or after glass was put it. Interestingly, they removed the first row of seats when the plexi was installed. Everyone stood because of the cold anyway, so when we stood in the (now) front row, you could put one foot on top of the boards, one on the seat, and the glass was at just above waist level. This allowed lots of interaction between fans and players. It became a little more tame when the school admitted women, but it still was primarily a testosterone and alcohol fueled student body.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      Please....I've heard louder crowds at the Masters.....
                      I may be biased, but I love Romney a lot better than the Campus Center. Romney was cold and miserable, but I loved it. The crowd would get in the ear of players and rattle them. I remember a time I was rinkside reporter for an Oz-Potsdam game and I heard the ZooCrew ride the Potsdam goalie until he dropped the magic four-letter bomb.

The CC is nice, but it's too sterilized, and I stand by my shot at Platty. I remember doing PbP for a game at Stafford, where first was on the line, and there was zero enthusiasm. I don't know if there's a disconnect between the townsfolk and the students, but there was much energy.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Don't forget the Maxcy Maniacs. They started to build some momentum at the end of the season last year.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                          Don't forget the Maxcy Maniacs. They started to build some momentum at the end of the season last year.
                          I will confess that every time I see this thread, I wish Manhattanville were called the Saints, so they could march home
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The winner.

Something about the chain link fence. The War Memorial in Roch had it forever and I remember some pretty hostile crowds growing up. Full beers thrown at players, etc....Ah, family time!

Comment

Working...
                            X