Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2014-15 - Bob's 26th work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2014-15 - Bob's 26th work in progress ...

Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
    More news that Plattsburgh fans might find interesting.

http://www.gocardinalsports.com/news...x?path=general

Delventhal said. "I have been fortunate to work with a terrific coaching staff and wonderful student athletes who have represented their teams, the college and the community in the very best possible manner. It is impossible to properly express my thanks and admiration for the efforts of our students and their coaches." since they are the only ones who really got anything done.

Delventhal was responsible for creating the fiasco of attempting to BS a merger of the DI & DIII Men's ice hockey championships.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      Delventhal was responsible for creating the fiasco of attempting to BS a merger of the DI & DIII Men's ice hockey championships.
      Hubris. Speaking of which, it takes a special brand of such to agree to answer questions about that topic only under the condition he is able to review and edit the final story prior to publication. Sorry, that's not how it works. But I admire the effort in a backwards sort of way, as pathetic as it may have been.
      Last edited by XYZ; 07-31-2015, 02:06 AM. Reason: Worst typist ever?
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Is there any other school in Div III that cares at all about their AD the way Plattsburgh folks get riled up about theirs?

I, as an alum, am grateful for everything Bruce did to advance the entire athletic program (which is what the AD is supposed to do). I still recall the year the school hosted NCAA games in men's soccer, women's hockey, men's basketball, and women's softball all in the same year. I know he hasn't done everything the hockey fans have wanted, but he sure seems to have served the college and Plattsburgh State athletics well. I wish him all the best in whatever he's off to next.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          Is there any other school in Div III that cares at all about their AD the way Plattsburgh folks get riled up about theirs?

I, as an alum, am grateful for everything Bruce did to advance the entire athletic program (which is what the AD is supposed to do). I still recall the year the school hosted NCAA games in men's soccer, women's hockey, men's basketball, and women's softball all in the same year. I know he hasn't done everything the hockey fans have wanted, but he sure seems to have served the college and Plattsburgh State athletics well. I wish him all the best in whatever he's off to next.
          I, as an alum, see a once competent coach who choose to become a coattail rider, who personally accomplished next to nothing (except personal gain), I thank him for leaving and wish the best for those he may encounter in the future.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I, as an alum, see a once competent coach who choose to become a coattail rider, who personally accomplished next to nothing (except personal gain), I thank him for leaving and wish the best for those he may encounter in the future.
            Someday you'll have to explain what he did to you for your personal attacks...
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
              Someday you'll have to explain what he did to you for your personal attacks...
              Someday you can explain what HE did - not the work he benefited from - he initiated nothing that made sense but certainly was often in the right place at the right time - what he "did to me" was fail to use the skills he had, but chose to ignore.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Someday you can explain what HE did - not the work he benefited from - he initiated nothing that made sense but certainly was often in the right place at the right time - what he "did to me" was fail to use the skills he had, but chose to ignore.
                OK, so I admit that I ddidn't follow him around every day and I am giving him credit for leading an athletic department (and athletics teams) that is better than when he got here. Whether he personally did all of it (which I would doubt) or delegated to a talented staff (which is what a leader is supposed to do) would still require that he get some of the credit for Plattsburgh's successes over his tenure. You dismiss everything as his being "at the right place at the right time". Does that mean you have followed his day-to-day activities and can offer proof that he didn't have anything to do with things?

It must look like I am related to Bruce or something, but I'm not. I just feel like the personal attacks and name calling he has endured on this site deserve a balance. I don't love or hate the man (I barely know him enough to exchange pleasantries). He has always been polite and treated me with respect when I worked for the hockey program. I still believe he did a good job for this University and I thank him for his service.

Finally, does anyone else who reads these boards have any opinion on their athletic director one way or the other the way Plattsburgh discusses theirs?
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95

Comment

My peeve with Mr. Delventhal is the shenanigans he pulled as chair of the selection committee.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I will split right down the middle. While he wasn't the second coming of Satan, he was no mother Theresa either. He did help the Plattsburgh athletic program as a "whole", but the way he treated some of the most loyal Cardinal athletic fans (hockey) was downright absurd. The whole "if you don't like it, don't come" attitude struck several long time fans the wrong way. Some who have yet to come back to a game. There's the committee shenanigans as Joe puts it, the hosting shenanigans, there was the ticket situations, the "let go/retirement" of people, the censorship of the Stafford, but it could be worse (I guess). You are only as good as your weakest link, and he did have some good people working under him (to Norms point). I understand growing the athletic department as a whole, but there is a reason why Plattsburgh hockey has been so successful for such a long time and constantly ranks in the top 5 in attendance. You treat those who support you the most, with the upmost respect. That is where Bruce failed at times. Directly from his mouth, not his little minions he has running around. I will gladly hold the door open as he walks out the last time and start singing some Supremes "GOODBYE". Call me greedy, but hopefully the next AD is a pro-hockey AD with some hockey history. Basketball is great, soccer is cool, and baseball is well...baseball. Plattsburgh State is HOCKEY. It hasn't changed in 30+ years.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      I will split right down the middle. While he wasn't the second coming of Satan, he was no mother Theresa either. He did help the Plattsburgh athletic program as a "whole", but the way he treated some of the most loyal Cardinal athletic fans (hockey) was downright absurd. The whole "if you don't like it, don't come" attitude struck several long time fans the wrong way. Some who have yet to come back to a game. There's the committee shenanigans as Joe puts it, the hosting shenanigans, there was the ticket situations, the "let go/retirement" of people, the censorship of the Stafford, but it could be worse (I guess). You are only as good as your weakest link, and he did have some good people working under him (to Norms point). I understand growing the athletic department as a whole, but there is a reason why Plattsburgh hockey has been so successful for such a long time and constantly ranks in the top 5 in attendance. You treat those who support you the most, with the upmost respect. That is where Bruce failed at times. Directly from his mouth, not his little minions he has running around. I will gladly hold the door open as he walks out the last time and start singing some Supremes "GOODBYE". Call me greedy, but hopefully the next AD is a pro-hockey AD with some hockey history. Basketball is great, soccer is cool, and baseball is well...baseball. Plattsburgh State is HOCKEY. It hasn't changed in 30+ years.
                      Well said, he could easily have been worse, and given his hockey background, I had high expectations of him, to those "high expectations" he failed miserably. Certainly he could have road blocked the efforts of those under him, and other than the "let go/retirement" of people that Remy mentioned, I didn't see or hear much along those lines. I did have some negative contact with him years ago - where his attitude - arrogant and condescending lead to me loosing respect for "Brucey".

To the future, and a sincere thank you to him for hitting the road.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                      X