Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Just a note to UC fans who might be considering going on the road: that iceplex in Rochester is huge fun (you can watch the game from the bar and grill, FCS!) and The Domes in Elmira are (is?) a very unique venue. I heartily recommend both sites.

We'll be at one or the other, or maybe at both. Half the fun of being a D-3 hockey fan is to watch your guys on the road at quirky barns, and both places offer good eats. (The Warden likes that aspect very much.)
    Some of my best college memories include road trips with friends to watch the Lakers on the road. Nothing like a road team able to get a chant going in someone else's barn!
    Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ozz;6104508]Some of my best college memories include road trips with friends to watch the Lakers on the road. [QUOTE]

Unless it's at Hobart.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fishman'81;6104919][QUOTE=Ozz;6104508]Some of my best college memories include road trips with friends to watch the Lakers on the road.

Unless it's at Hobart.
        C'mon now....back in my day (before they closed in the rink) we had great views of Seneca Lake!
        Last edited by llama; 02-20-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fishman'81;6104919][QUOTE=Ozz;6104508]Some of my best college memories include road trips with friends to watch the Lakers on the road.

Unless it's at Hobart.
          It certainly created a memory!
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Plenty of fresh air too! Those aluminum bleachers on a frigid night almost made me wish that I needed cheap and effective cryosurgery at a deep discount.

Comment

Watched the free webcast from EC last night (pretty good quality picture but kinda choppy/buffery at times), and that game was pretty-much a microcosm of the season... If something could go wrong, it did. I honestly don't think my bias is talking when I say that this team did not catch a lucky break all year long.

Not complaining. This group was fun to watch, and jcase was right in October: a >.500 season with such a young squad was a reasonable goal; I just saw the potential for a lot more.

So, going forward, Heenan needs to look for a couple of snipers to replace Educate and Hogan, and the young guys have to step it up. Samuels-Thomas needs to quit standing along the boards looking to pass and start taking it to the hole, Bushinski needs to get healthy (he's good!), Wells needs to keep progressing, etc. etc. Lots of things need to happen for UC to challenge for an NCAA berth, but the team is pretty d@mn close.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Watched the free webcast from EC last night (pretty good quality picture but kinda choppy/buffery at times), and that game was pretty-much a microcosm of the season... If something could go wrong, it did. I honestly don't think my bias is talking when I say that this team did not catch a lucky break all year long.

Not complaining. This group was fun to watch, and jcase was right in October: a >.500 season with such a young squad was a reasonable goal; I just saw the potential for a lot more.

So, going forward, Heenan needs to look for a couple of snipers to replace Educate and Hogan, and the young guys have to step it up. Samuels-Thomas needs to quit standing along the boards looking to pass and start taking it to the hole, Bushinski needs to get healthy (he's good!), Wells needs to keep progressing, etc. etc. Lots of things need to happen for UC to challenge for an NCAA berth, but the team is pretty d@mn close.
                Watched as well. Too bad the game was over after the two shorties on the same PK. This is a really good freshman class, too bad Wold didn't stick around as he was one of the better scoring forwards. Recruiting looks to be off to a fine start so I'm already looking forward to and expecting better results next year. Thanks to the five seniors for an enjoyable four years (three from Louie) and all the best to them.

Comment

Hang tough, EC were in the same boat two yrs. ago. All things considered, I found this season a HUGE disappointment for EC fans.
                  See you guys next year.
                  Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                  Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                  Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                  X