Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

    Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
    I might add that last years qtr final loss was with 14 Freshmen.
    And Oswego's quarterfinal road win was with 19 freshman on the roster (12 of which played 10 or more games).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And Oswego's quarterfinal road win was with 19 freshman on the roster (12 of which played 10 or more games).
      OK! You win!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
        Exactly. I mentioned this during last season and everyone jumped all over me. It isn't that everyone has caught up with Norwich; it's that Norwich was not a good team last year. They will be even worse this season unless they find some super Frosh snipers. Babson is the only other team in this league worth talking about. Maybe castleton if Moffatt can get top guys to go there. UMB is not good. They play a cupcake OOC schedule.
        While this year's Norwich team may not have met the very high standard here in Northfield, let's not get carried away. To say they were not a good team is a stretch. There are a bunch of decent programs who would love to be as "not good" as Norwich was this winter.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by hawk View Post
          Much has been said on the forum that junior A leagues in the east are not the strongest in the country. Everyone seems to agree on this one. Norwich has been most successful when they recruited players from Ontario, Western Canada, and the eastern leagues. I think we would all like to see a couple of D1 transfers (older players) and a few Canadian players to give the team more production. Norwich hockey is fun and exciting to watch so I will take whatever product they give us this year. Prez aren't all the D3 teams including St, Norbert in the same situation with financial aid as Norwich. No one with the exception of the NESCAC has much of an advantage.
          The simple answer is no, they are not all in the same boat with financial aid. Schools can give packages as they see fit. As long as there isn't a noticeable discrepancy between "regular" students and athletes, it's within NCAA guidelines. So, if a particular administration is willing to put out the money, that athletic department is happy.

          Frankly, it's a bit of a tired argument, IMO. If the difference isn't huge, coaches need to show a recruit why their school is worth the extra expense.

          Comment


          • #20
            UMass-Boston with a big blow losing would be junior Peter MacIntyre to UMass Lowell. Peter will sit out one season and will be eligible in 2015-16.

            http://millcitysports.com/articles/4250-shipping-up-from-boston-peter-macintyre-transfers-to-umass-lowell
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

              Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              UMass-Boston with a big blow losing would be junior Peter MacIntyre to UMass Lowell. Peter will sit out one season and will be eligible in 2015-16.

              http://millcitysports.com/articles/4...o-umass-lowell
              Prez can you recall any other D3 player going into his junior transferring to D1 and having to set out a year. I thought there was a gentlemen's agreement to not solicit an other teams players, especially D1 teams going after D3 players. These D1 oaches don't realize the game can be played both ways. I have seen a lot of great D3 players playing for Plattsburgh, Norwich, Middlebury, ect staying with there D3 problem when they had the talent to move up.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by hawk View Post
                Prez can you recall any other D3 player going into his junior transferring to D1 and having to set out a year. I thought there was a gentlemen's agreement to not solicit an other teams players, especially D1 teams going after D3 players. These D1 oaches don't realize the game can be played both ways. I have seen a lot of great D3 players playing for Plattsburgh, Norwich, Middlebury, ect staying with there D3 problem when they had the talent to move up.
                It's rare but it happens. Joe Houk just finished up at UMass Lowell this past year after he played one season at Hamilton and then left with his head coach for Lowell the next year.

                I can't remember the name of the goalie but I recall a kid leaving UMass-Dartmouth a few years back to transfer to UMass maybe or another D1 school?

                He ended up transferring back to a D3 school by the end of
                His career and it might have even been the same school.

                They are rare but they happen.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                  That would be Jon Dryjowicz-Burek who went from UMass-Dartmouth to UMass-Lowell and back again.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                    That would be Jon Dryjowicz-Burek who went from UMass-Dartmouth to UMass-Lowell and back again.
                    AKA There and Back Again
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                      I wonder if he got an education along the way...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                        Any news on St. A's dropping to D3 for all sports and hockey. From the talk a few months ago it appeared that St. A's would make the change. However with there facility moving up to D1 is also possible. A lot of new teams in New England so it looks like the ECAC E would expand if it wanted too.
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                          Originally posted by hawk View Post
                          Any news on St. A's dropping to D3 for all sports and hockey. From the talk a few months ago it appeared that St. A's would make the change. However with there facility moving up to D1 is also possible. A lot of new teams in New England so it looks like the ECAC E would expand if it wanted too.
                          St. Mike's before St. A's. If they decide to go.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                            http://bostonherald.com/business/rea...ng_to_brighton

                            Boston Bruins planning to have a new training facility in Brighton seating 600 in 2016. Since it is close to Babson and UMASS Boston I wonder if any of these schools would be interested in playing in a NHL rink. I think there would be a certain draw playing in an NHL training facility. Wentworth would also be another option because I think they are closer to Brighton.
                            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              http://bostonherald.com/business/rea...ng_to_brighton

                              Boston Bruins planning to have a new training facility in Brighton seating 600 in 2016. Since it is close to Babson and UMASS Boston I wonder if any of these schools would be interested in playing in a NHL rink. I think there would be a certain draw playing in an NHL training facility. Wentworth would also be another option because I think they are closer to Brighton.
                              Wentworth needs a home rink. Babson and UMB both have on campus rinks.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

                              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

                                UMass Boston news-on Bloomberg Radio today the host were discussing Boston making an application to host the 2024 Summer Olympic games and one of there preferred sites for the olympic village is the UMass Boston campus on the water. Just interesting because if they did this it would probable push this school to D1 in all sports with all the facilities that would be created.
                                2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                                2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X