Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

One more piece of history from me and I will fade into the woodwork to let the professionals continue with the great information provided here. As with Backdraft, I was a History Major as well. Actually double major, Business Admin as well. Backdraft probably remembers Boppin Bob Carter (history prof) and Pete Popham. I actually drove by Popham's house 9 West 6th Street (deceased for many years now) last weekend. Jim Beam and free pizza for any athlete who came over. On to the history, I can confirm from several posts back that Herb Brooks did indeed fail to shake our hands after that semi final game. And...Backdraft, when you see Kevin Ahearn at the whiteout weekend, ask him to fill you in on all that happened during the weekend when we played Alabama Huntsville down south in the fall of 85'. Metro Club, flatbed truck with coin operated laundry machines, fire extinguishers, smoked out rooms, hot tubs, Unger and Athletic Director Springs, and one or two players missing the flight back. Those were the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatlaker11 View Post
      One more piece of history from me and I will fade into the woodwork to let the professionals continue with the great information provided here. As with Backdraft, I was a History Major as well. Actually double major, Business Admin as well. Backdraft probably remembers Boppin Bob Carter (history prof) and Pete Popham. I actually drove by Popham's house 9 West 6th Street (deceased for many years now) last weekend. Jim Beam and free pizza for any athlete who came over. On to the history, I can confirm from several posts back that Herb Brooks did indeed fail to shake our hands after that semi final game. And...Backdraft, when you see Kevin Ahearn at the whiteout weekend, ask him to fill you in on all that happened during the weekend when we played Alabama Huntsville down south in the fall of 85'. Metro Club, flatbed truck with coin operated laundry machines, fire extinguishers, smoked out rooms, hot tubs, Unger and Athletic Director Springs, and one or two players missing the flight back. Those were the good old days.
      I have a couple of old Oz buddie who kept in touch with Pete,that was some funny stuff,and funny business??Tall boys all around.Boppin bob was great along with Armeson.That was a fun weekend in Alabama,I also seem to remember someone taking a few souvineers off a truck,and we had the feds on our trail as well..hot tubs smoked out rooms and a few bathtubs full of beer,we would have beat those guys but for college antics.dont remember who missed the flight back but if I had to guess he last name would be a color....I am guessing your a oswego local or close to it,to mnay guys on the team to guess,although I have seen a few on this thread so far....you can message me and let yourself be known.

Comment

Backdraft, I'm technologically illiterate and have no idea how to message someone off of this. I have the memory of an elephant so here goes. Our first time playing hockey together was up in Lake Placid for Ken Label on a tournament team. You were 9, I was 8. We shared the same religion school on Long Island which was in Plainview. And rumor has it, a couch or two flew out your Onondaga........ Spring break in Florida not once but twice was a blast. Message me and I will respond. My PW team I think plays up in Orange County the last weekend in February. Maybe you can stop by.

Comment

Backdraft, I'm technologically illiterate and have no idea how to message someone off of this. I have the memory of an elephant so here goes. Our first time playing hockey together was up in Lake Placid for Ken Label on a tournament team. You were 9, I was 8. We shared the same religion school on Long Island which was in Plainview. And rumor has it, a couch or two flew out your Onondaga........ Spring break in Florida not once but twice was a blast. Message me and I will respond. My PW team I think plays up in Orange County the last weekend in February. Maybe you can stop by.
          Its not like NSA or INS monitors this thread....
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Its not like NSA or INS monitors this thread....
            #5 (1984-87) is from Syosset, NY. As was Mike Catuosco (1990-94)
            #12 (1985-89) is from Woodbury, NY
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

LakerEagleLover, I may work for the NSA so the need for the top secrecy. LOL. Norm1909, its a good thing I have no ego. Lost it years ago. I see Mike Catuosco twice a week as we coach separate age groups for the same youth hockey organization. Also run into Matt Dickson, another LIer. Emailed Catuosco today as well, and lived with #12 Joe Albano my senior year, his junior year on Bridge Street with a few other non hockey players. We actually played on a line together for a long stint. Played in whats listed as 99 games during 84-88. Funny, no shortage of Oswego Minor Hockey people remembered me this year and last during my visit there for a youth hockey tournament. Pat Kelly was a Long Islander from that generation and there were a few others who came for one year. Anyway, back to being stealth and incognito.

Comment

Ok the suspense is only killing me so I'm listed as scoring the 18th goal in that Fulton article regarding the Hobart win.

Comment

Ok the suspense is only killing me so I'm listed as scoring the 18th goal in that Fulton article regarding the Hobart win.
                  #11 (aka #21) (1984-88) is from Massapequa, NY
                  Last edited by norm1909; 01-23-2015, 02:13 PM.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

There you go. Actually, North Massapequa. #21 my freshman year but dumped it after Jerry Morrissey graduated. Was hoping to be half as good as Jerry was. Never quite got there.

Comment

There you go. Actually, North Massapequa. #21 my freshman year but dumped it after Jerry Morrissey graduated. Was hoping to be half as good as Jerry was. Never quite got there.
                      Not sure why I didn't catch it on the first pass.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'm only a legend in my own mind. I enjoy all the info you and everyone else posts here. It's by far the best board with the most intelligent hockey people out there.

Comment

I'm only a legend in my own mind. I enjoy all the info you and everyone else posts here. It's by far the best board with the most intelligent hockey people out there.
                          You have been known to get things started.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I just think Norm is part Bloodhound

Comment

It was 7 kegs..6 empty 1 half full with another memeber of our team holding on for dear life ...scared the crap out of the gilrs in the suite on the 5th floor kegs hitting concrete after a 6 story fall...still not sure who did it???

Comment

LakerEagleLover, I may work for the NSA so the need for the top secrecy. LOL. Norm1909, its a good thing I have no ego. Lost it years ago. I see Mike Catuosco twice a week as we coach separate age groups for the same youth hockey organization. Also run into Matt Dickson, another LIer. Emailed Catuosco today as well, and lived with #12 Joe Albano my senior year, his junior year on Bridge Street with a few other non hockey players. We actually played on a line together for a long stint. Played in whats listed as 99 games during 84-88. Funny, no shortage of Oswego Minor Hockey people remembered me this year and last during my visit there for a youth hockey tournament. Pat Kelly was a Long Islander from that generation and there were a few others who came for one year. Anyway, back to being stealth and incognito.
                                I seen -

Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X