UW-Superior applies to UMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW-Superior applies to UMAC

Reports are out that UW-Superior is applying for membership to UMAC. http://www.uwsyellowjackets.com/news...x?path=general

See that they currently do not offer hockey as a conference sport. Thoughts or any news on where they might try to go if they do leave the WIAC? Back to the NCHA?

Re: UW-Superior applies to UMAC

Originally posted by revcraig View Post
    Reports are out that UW-Superior is applying for membership to UMAC. http://www.uwsyellowjackets.com/news...x?path=general

See that they currently do not offer hockey as a conference sport. Thoughts or any news on where they might try to go if they do leave the WIAC? Back to the NCHA?
    I heard a report yesterday that they would continue to play hockey under the WIAC banner....all other sports move to the UMAC..
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/state...256049331.html
    Last edited by pete99race; 04-22-2014, 08:36 AM.
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Reports on the other site have Superior staying in the WIAC for hockey.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Reports on the other site have Superior staying in the WIAC for hockey.
        Since the WIAC tried to recruit affiliate members so that they could get to 7 for hockey, I suspect they would have no problems keeping UWS in the fold (unless, of course, they get all high and mighty about UWS bailing out for other sports - given past behavior, you do have to wonder).
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Since the WIAC tried to recruit affiliate members so that they could get to 7 for hockey, I suspect they would have no problems keeping UWS in the fold (unless, of course, they get all high and mighty about UWS bailing out for other sports - given past behavior, you do have to wonder).
          That is why I asked. One wonders about what UWS thought about leaving the NCHA in the first place and into a league, now, that relies on both a great overall record and hope that others, in other leagues, finished worst than you (not that it can't be done-Point being a perfect case this year).

But w(c)ould this be a time in which UWS seeks to connect with a hockey conference that had an auto-bid to the tournament? Just wondering if anyone (in the know) might have heard some things?

Comment

I get the move and based on location and how consistently noncompetitive most of their teams are with the rest of the WIAC it makes some sense. I just can't help but laugh at how they pushed so hard for the WIAC in hockey and shortly after they can't wait to bail in everything else.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

That's my school, for you!
              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X