Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/16/14 - Eastern QF - Do you know the way to Central Maine? SCORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3/16/14 - Eastern QF - Do you know the way to Central Maine? SCORES!!

2-0 Oz after 1, the SOG are 12-1 Oz
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      1-0 Norwich after one, PPG at the buzzer by Flaherty. SOG are 12-3 ish.

r
      wow genny can get the puck to the net,perhaps NCAA jitters with little if any experience as mention earlier

Comment

It appears we sent out #1 bcast team for WTOP...they sound really good.

One funny line though, when the PBP said a 2 goal lead is tough to over come at this level. He does realize 8 days ago we gagged a 4-goal lead ( but still won), and 3 days ago we came back from two down with 12 mins left.
        MJBeckman
        Oswego '93
        Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
        1991-1993
        2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Oswego looked dominant during the 1st period. Obviously, Babson is going to have to make some changes to their offensive schemes if they want any sort of chance of generating consistent pressure. Those long passes through the neutral zone are just not working.

Fine by me. Let's go Lakers!!

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
            I agree with your assessments. One wildcard is coaching experience, Oswego and Norwich have it, Genny and Babson don't. That could play a big role in deciding things. I think all four teams are very evenly matched otherwise, as recent results would suggest.

r
            Interesting point. Babson has been a strong second period team all year....let's see what coach Rice can do to calm his team down and get them back into the game.

I also think special teams play could have a big role in this game. Babson struggles to score a lot of goals....but their PP is nasty. They didn't get much offense going at all in the first (an understatement!). Oswego may do well to stay out of the box and not tempt fate.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
              Interesting point. Babson has been a strong second period team all year....let's see what coach Rice can do to calm his team down and get them back into the game.

I also think special teams play could have a big role in this game. Babson struggles to score a lot of goals....but their PP is nasty. They didn't get much offense going at all in the first (an understatement!). Oswego may do well to stay out of the box and not tempt fate.
              Oswego has given up 50% of the GA in the 2nd period.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And Babson has scored nearly 50% of theirs in the second frame.

Comment

Adams SHG for Oswego!!! It is 3-0!!! 5 min gone in the second.
                  MJBeckman
                  Oswego '93
                  1991-1993

Comment

Oz scores a shorty....so much for Babson's "nasty" PP!

Comment

2-0 NU, Gorman from Whitell. Halfway through.

r

Comment

I had a feeling both games would go like this. I was more sure of Norwich than Oswego, but still.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          I had a feeling both games would go like this. I was more sure of Norwich than Oswego, but still.
                          Babson seems to be stuck in low gear - seem to be a step behind all game.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And unlike their last two games...Lakers close out the second period unblemished. 3-0 Lakers after 40 minutes.

Beavers looked better at times, but really not getting much on Zawadski up close.
                            MJBeckman
                            Oswego '93
                            1991-1993

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Oswego looks a lot faster
                              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                yes oswego seems much faster,and are intercepting many passes.and winning the battles along the boards............3-0 after 2...not sure sogs doesnt matter oz has had the much better of the play.next goal is big to say the least..

Comment

Working...
                                X