Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The NCHA Thread

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    If you aren't trying to pass yourself off as an expert then why nearly 14,000 posts? Is there that much worthwhile discussion going on in here? Spinning this discussion back on me is a classic red herring by the way. I just resent eastern posters who think hockey out west is a bunch of cows on skates is all.
    You have cows that can skate out West? Man, I need to get out and see this stuff
    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

If you aren't trying to pass yourself off as an expert then why nearly 14,000 posts? Is there that much worthwhile discussion going on in here? Spinning this discussion back on me is a classic red herring by the way. I just resent eastern posters who think hockey out west is a bunch of cows on skates is all.
      1. Whether or not he's trying to pass himself off as an expert (for the record, he's not), he likely has a bit more expertise about DIII Hockey than you. He was, until this year, the DIII Women's Hockey Columnist for USCHO, and he is currently the Sports Information Director of Norwich University. So, when he does present himself as an expert on a subject related to DIII hockey, he is doing so based on his actual experience in the field.

2. 13,600 posts over a VERY long period of time... a little over 8 years, to be precise. That averages out to be about 1,700 posts per year. As a matter of fact, if you include his previous accounts (his changing of accounts was based on legitimate reasons, and he made no effort to hide it), he has 29,072 posts over a period of 13 years, for an average of 2,236 posts per year or 6.12 posts per day. And that is ignoring his participation in the old pre-USCHO D3 Boards prior to 2000.

However, if you take into account the fact that about half of those were weekly posts in many different "Pick 'Em" Competitions, "Last Person Standing" Contests, the "Tournament of Posters" we used to host in the offseason, and other such things we used to do as a community that did not actually involve discussion, these numbers are far from excessive.

3. When did he insult western hockey? I am from the East region, and I support an East Region team, but I'm not blind to the fact that the West has dominated the NCAA Tournament in recent history, Adrian embarrassed a really good Geneseo team last night, and the West is full of really good hockey teams. Derek knows that, too.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I just resent eastern posters who think hockey out west is a bunch of cows on skates is all.
        If I had a vote in a poll id have Eau Claire 1 and St. Norbert 2 with Adrian and Stevens Point all in the top 6 or 7 as well.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          2. 13,600 posts over a VERY long period of time... a little over 8 years, to be precise. That averages out to be about 1,700 posts per year. As a matter of fact, if you include his previous accounts (his changing of accounts was based on legitimate reasons, and he made no effort to hide it), he has 29,072 posts over a period of 13 years, for an average of 2,236 posts per year or 6.12 posts per day. And that is ignoring his participation in the old pre-USCHO D3 Boards prior to 2000.

However, if you take into account the fact that about half of those were weekly posts in many different "Pick 'Em" Competitions, "Last Person Standing" Contests, the "Tournament of Posters" we used to host in the offseason, and other such things we used to do as a community that did not actually involve discussion, these numbers are far from excessive.

3. When did he insult western hockey? I am from the East region, and I support an East Region team, but I'm not blind to the fact that the West has dominated the NCAA Tournament in recent history, Adrian embarrassed a really good Geneseo team last night, and the West is full of really good hockey teams. Derek knows that, too.
          To paraphrase Irwin R. Fletcher: Oh great! It's.....another know-it-all 20something poster. So 29,000 posts over 13 years. Being generous there's about 20 weeks of hockey action and probably 50 dates of game action. Giving each date of action its own post that's 650 pickems and 260 posts for last man standing. That still leaves about 28,000 posts unaccounted for. I'd suggest you call the Siena bursar's office and ask for your money back. PUHLEEZE don't try and say you eastern posters don't look down at the west. The tango has been going on in here from day one especially in March. I could go back and look up some posts from back then but I've already spent plenty of time pulling back the curtain as it is.

Comment

I just don't understand where all this anger came from. It seems like it was a fairly harmless post from the onset about Concordia's recruiting class looking good on paper.
            WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
            NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
            Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
              I've been waiting for someone to start the conversation about the (D3hockey) 1v2 game, but have seen nothing.
              Does this game not mean as much because its a non con game?
              It still means a lot for power in the West.
              Think of what this game would mean if the WIAC didn't put their tails where their manhood should be and run.
              Nevertheless, should be a great one to watch Friday.
              fridays game should be a barn burner,would love to watch but oswego has genny that night,Im sure il ctch a few shifts,yes were is the chatter/ trash talk/posting

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
                I just don't understand where all this anger came from. It seems like it was a fairly harmless post from the onset about Concordia's recruiting class looking good on paper.
                Don't despair CCM.
                Sir Nubs can be sort of a nuisance, but is harmeless nonetheless.
                Just looking....or trolling for someone to play with, attempting to liven things up in this relatively dormant Forum.
                You can engage Nubbsy in discussion and enjoy the ride, or return to the more amicable eastern threads.
                Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-21-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post

I got to believe that we will see two low scoring games between these
                  two powerhouses (this Friday @ the CCC and next Wed. in Eau Claire).
                  I will say that the home team will win both games, but hoping for a SNC Sweep!!
                  I agree with everything you said. One goal game nailbiters.
                  Its a shame this is taking place on the eve of the start of gun hunt. Looks like quite a few die hards won't be there.
                  The student section better not be sitting on their hands as I expect a lot of fans to make the trip from EC.
                  The Marian home game a few weeks back had 10 Sabre students make the trip up and they destroyed our student section. That can't happen anymore.

Comment

I shall be making my CCC debut this Friday. I know, I know. Sheer excitement for all. I'll be signing autographs in-between periods.

Comment

I do agree with Nubs on principal but I don't share his vitriol for Eastern posters. In D3 hockey, there aren't exactly alot of opportunities for crossover games (East vs West) so no one can say for sure which region is strongest. But I have sensed quite a bit of arrogance from people (mostly from New York) that think Eastern D3 hockey is much better, which couldn't be further from the truth aside from a few NCHA teams. I don't think I'm crazy when I say with conviction that the better hockey is being played out West these days. (note - I said 'these' days) D3 has expanded quite a bit and given more kids in the mid-west an incentive to keep playing competitively. Adrian was kind of the string that tied the knot as others have followed. With the exception of Plattsburgh, Oswego, and Utica, I think the East is considerably weaker than the West team for team

Comment

i got a bad feeling about all of this east vs west stuff .....I think there is both good and bad ,and wouldnt it be mid-west ???????? I think of Calf. as west so there..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          i got a bad feeling about all of this east vs west stuff .....I think there is both good and bad ,and wouldnt it be mid-west ???????? I think of Calf. as west so there..
                          I always call it the midwest. I just barely live in the West. The only DIII school that plays hockey out here, actually plays DI hockey...

Besides that, Sir Nubs left out two of the historically best DIII programs from the East (NU and Midd).
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

That was a very impressive weekend by Lawrence and should serve as a springboard to all those big things all of you keep promising.
                            A decade of excuses.

MSOE RAIDER HOCKEY!!

Comment

Lawrence works hard but they are awful. That win against SNC said more about how badly the Knights crapped the bed then anything about Lawrence.
                              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                              X