No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Coach didn't want him to play.

He'll be out there Friday night.
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-29-2014, 12:03 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Fogarty was on the radio here in Green Bay this AM. Gave a good interview. Mostly about building a program from scratch, goals of a NC, and how the new conference dynamic is for them.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Ron's good people.

Regarding Tuesday night's game. The result didn't bother me one bit. All three goaltenders got action, and a lot of guys got some ice time as well. That's great. What's not so great was our lack of discipline in the 3rd period. We did some pretty dumb things, some of which led to two guys getting tossed out. That absolutely cannot happen in any exhibition game, and especially this one in particular. If we do that this weekend, we're gonna get killed.

Back in August, when I saw the schedule, I had serious reservations about the timing of this exhibition. While I was watching the third period, my thoughts completely changed. I think it was good to play this level of size and competition at this time of the year. I also don't think it's the worst thing in the world to have gotten beaten like that on Tuesday. We'll see in the next couple days...

I'm working the women's NCAA games this weekend at Arrington in one capacity or another. So, unfortunately, I probably won't have much to comment on regarding this weekend. I tend not to comment on games that I don't see with my own two eyes. I'll have to leave that to you guys.

God, that was fun...

Comment

GB tv station preview of this weekend's series:
          http://fox11online.com/2014/01/30/st...s-two-matchup/
          St. Norbert College Green Knights
          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          ---
          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Back in August, when I saw the schedule, I had serious reservations about the timing of this exhibition. While I was watching the third period, my thoughts completely changed. I think it was good to play this level of size and competition at this time of the year. I also don't think it's the worst thing in the world to have gotten beaten like that on Tuesday. We'll see in the next couple days....
            Hopefully your result will benefit you more than Utica's result seems, to date, to have benefited them.
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Imagine the noise that this weekend series would have generated in the Forum 6 years ago !!
              The silence around here is deafening !

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                Imagine the noise that this weekend series would have generated in the Forum 6 years ago !!
                The silence around here is deafening !
                Hey, some people know how big this weekend series is!
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

11-1 St. Norbert.

Many thanks to GB Puck Fan for the scoring updates through the game, if you want to call it that.

I don't know what in the world you would expect out of me after that. I've got nothing.

I really don't need to comment further, do I? I suppose I could go with my standby "we just got our asses kicked tonight" routine, but I think 11-1 says that already. There's no spin that can be put on a 10-goal beating. Sure, we're short a major contributor, but for God's sake, that sure isn't going to make a 10-goal difference. As I usually say, the scoreboard doesn't lie. 11-1 is 11-1.

SNC had a statement to make tonight. Loud and clear.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 01-31-2014, 09:16 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm sure they came into the weekend figuring they could live with 2 points and that is still fully on the table so you you just dust yourself off and be ready to go when it says 0-0 at 4:30 tomorrow. I couldn't get there until the 2nd intermission but the goalie who played in the 3rd was fighting the puck big so I'm sure they'll start the other guy...which was probably the plan anyway.
                    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

11-1 St. Norbert.

SNC had a statement to make tonight. Loud and clear.
                      Anyone can have an off night - any statement to be made must be made tonight.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Anyone can have an off night - any statement to be made must be made tonight.
                        I was there. It wasn't an "off night" by anyone, but by everyone. They played both goal tenders and the guy who played the 1 & 3 gave up 4 & 3 goal respectively and the guy in the 2nd gave up 4. They didn't skate until the 3rd, but by then, had SNC let up the gas a bit? And even when Adrian played better in the 3rd, SNC still outscored them 3-1.

I would say it was a case of bus legs, but they did not play like the #1 team in the country last night. SNC had the pep in their steps and out played them for 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by revcraig View Post
                          I was there. It wasn't an "off night" by anyone, but by everyone. They played both goal tenders and the guy who played the 1 & 3 gave up 4 & 3 goal respectively and the guy in the 2nd gave up 4. They didn't skate until the 3rd, but by then, had SNC let up the gas a bit? And even when Adrian played better in the 3rd, SNC still outscored them 3-1.

I would say it was a case of bus legs, but they did not play like the #1 team in the country last night. SNC had the pep in their steps and out played them for 60 minutes.
                          did they bus yesterday? how far apart are the schools??

Comment

They bussed. On Thursday, I think. A rough guess at it puts the trip at about 440 miles.

God, that was fun...

Comment

They bussed. On Thursday, I think. A rough guess at it puts the trip at about 440 miles.
                              that puts it about 6 or 7 hrs?? I would hope it was thurs,IF IF it was Friday, then I can see a problem...i would expect a much better showing today.

Comment

Well, I sure as hell hope that it's not any worse.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X