No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Hi. Happy New Year and all that happy horse****. Nice sweep this weekend of Buffalo State. Hopefully you arrive home safely before the storm hits. If you've been following the results of tonight's games, you're guessing (correctly) that I am not here to talk about any of that.

Like I usually try to do, I'm going to get right to the point. Plattsburgh lost tonight to Hobart. That means that in all likelihood, when the polls come out tomorrow afternoon, Adrian will be ranked #1 in the country.

Woo-hoo. Yay.

There. That's the extent of my celebration. That should be the extent of yours, too. Our start warranted this ranking, but we've only done the easy part. The hard part is yet to come, and that is staying #1. There's a whole lot of work and a whole lot of schedule to go, boys. I'm going to say the same thing I said on the D-1 board this afternoon, when my alma mater was staring at taking the #1 ranking in Division I (which they failed to do). I'd rather be #1 on May 5 than on January 5.

The #1 ranking is nice, but they don't give trophies for where you're at in early January. Every team in D-III has their sights set squarely on Adrian now. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, boys.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Hi. Happy New Year and all that happy horse****. Nice sweep this weekend of Buffalo State. Hopefully you arrive home safely before the storm hits. If you've been following the results of tonight's games, you're guessing (correctly) that I am not here to talk about any of that.

Like I usually try to do, I'm going to get right to the point. Plattsburgh lost tonight to Hobart. That means that in all likelihood, when the polls come out tomorrow afternoon, Adrian will be ranked #1 in the country.

Woo-hoo. Yay.

There. That's the extent of my celebration. That should be the extent of yours, too. Our start warranted this ranking, but we've only done the easy part. The hard part is yet to come, and that is staying #1. There's a whole lot of work and a whole lot of schedule to go, boys. I'm going to say the same thing I said on the D-1 board this afternoon, when my alma mater was staring at taking the #1 ranking in Division I (which they failed to do). I'd rather be #1 on May 5 than on January 5.

The #1 ranking is nice, but they don't give trophies for where you're at in early January. Every team in D-III has their sights set squarely on Adrian now. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, boys.

All truths you have written here Hammer, but it's nice to be recognized too.

Congrats to Adrian and their fans for this deserving milestone & good luck the remainder of the year
      Last edited by 97osu; 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM. Reason: changes new to deserving
      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Thank you.

I just want to make sure we're focused on the task at hand.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sooooo great to finally see the "old MCHA" team get a No. 1 ranking...
          Well-deserved for now. Keep up the good work. Congrats to Ron.
          MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

Ron is producing as usual showing he should be at D1. NCHA is a tale of haves and have nots based on coaching and talent aquisition, this could be a sensational group if only all the schools took hockey seriously.

Originally posted by MCHA GURU View Post
            Sooooo great to finally see the "old MCHA" team get a No. 1 ranking...
            Well-deserved for now. Keep up the good work. Congrats to Ron.
            IceChips

Comment

1-1 tie tonight. Fair indication of how tonight's game went.

Great game at Arrington. St. Scholastica carried the play in the 1st period. They scored when Adrian let a guy in alone on Shackell, and when Shackell tried to poke check it away, Nowakowski put the puck in the net. The 2nd period was Adrian's, and had Bruggeman not had a horseshoe up his ***, the Bulldogs would probably have put a 3 spot on the board. Adrian finally tied the game in the 3rd on a Balas tip-in on a 2x1. Both goaltenders played exceptional. And the referees really let the boys play tonight. Probably a tad bit too much, even for my tastes.

As for the #1 ranking, whatever. Take it if you wish. That's fine. We've got bigger fish to fry over the next five games. That's likely going to determine whether Adrian needs the Pool A, or can get in with no worse than a run to the NCHA final. I suspect that the top 5 in the West are going to be (in some order) St. Thomas, UWSP, Adrian, SNC and St. Scholastica.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Big 4-3 OT win yesterday. Basso popped the game winner 1:58 into OT.

A few soft goals yesterday, but that was a very, very good weekend of hockey from both sides. I suspect we're going to meet that team again in the NCHA tournament. It's just a matter of whether a tourney bid is on the line.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Scholastica is just tough as nails. Adrian should be happy with a 3 point weekend out of two games the box suggests were even. I know I'd feel that way.
                  Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                  2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                  2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                  Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                    Scholastica is just tough as nails. Adrian should be happy with a 3 point weekend out of two games the box suggests were even. I know I'd feel that way.
                    St. Scholastica played an aggressive but disciplined game of dump & chase, followed by bang & crash, and waited for their chances. It took a period, but we were able to adjust to this grinding style. Good goaltending at both ends along with decent officiating kept pace of play moving, and made for very entertaining hockey. While I thought we out chanced them in both games, we either missed the net, or their goaltender managed to get in the way. Very happy to come out with 3 points.
                    Last edited by NorthernLite; 01-21-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

should be a great game tonight any video??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        should be a great game tonight any video??
                        d3hockey.com it works wonders
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          d3hockey.com it works wonders
                          not always correct

Comment

Maybe not, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate than most.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Maybe not, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate than most.
                              very good source for sure.

Comment

Anyone know why Ranalli did not play last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X