No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    agree Genny has 3-5 very good forwards after that its a crap shoot....they also took offensive zone penalties as well which always seem to kill a team, they will have to be more disciplined come tomorrow against a Oswego team that should have some jump when they see a packed Ira.Adrian looked very good,and would expect nothing but a top 4ish finish this yr.
    I have always regarded the '08-'09 team (27-1-1) as the best Adrian team in their history.
    Slightly better than the '10-'11 team that went to the tournament final.
    I believe this group is deeper in several aspects of the game. They have only played seven games. If they continue to adapt and develop, they have the potential to be best Bulldog team yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      I have always regarded the '08-'09 team (27-1-1) as the best Adrian team in their history.
      Slightly better than the '10-'11 team that went to the tournament final.
      I believe this group is deeper in several aspects of the game. They have only played seven games. If they continue to adapt and develop, they have the potential to be best Bulldog team yet.
      Won't the kid (Merasty ?) who won FOY last year be back 2nd semester as well? That will be a nice addition
      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

He signed professionally, I think. If so, he's done-done.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          He signed professionally, I think. If so, he's done-done.
          That's what I thought but when I put him in the hockeydb nothing comes up for this year....
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            That's what I thought but when I put him in the hockeydb nothing comes up for this year....
            Maybe his professional career ended up being shorter than his college career. Pretty sure pro games have been played.
            Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-21-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
              Won't the kid (Merasty ?) who won FOY last year be back 2nd semester as well? That will be a nice addition
              in the 2013/14 season rster thread,post # 12 it has him signing with The Mississippi Surge SPHL,dont see him on the roster now,not sure if he played any games?? DID see him on a team in the manitoba Seniors League.he looks to be tearing it up

Comment

in the 2013/14 season rster thread,post # 12 it has him signing with The Mississippi Surge SPHL,dont see him on the roster now,not sure if he played any games?? DID see him on a team in the manitoba Seniors League.he looks to be tearing it up
                He was cut before the tryout camp concluded. Therefore, he didn't play in any regular season games.
                However, he may have played in a preseason game, but that wouldn't matter because with a Player Tryout contract (PTO) you don't get paid unless you make the team and sign the Standard Player Contract (SPC).

I don't know how that sits with the NCAA , but I know it doesn't sit well with his bank account.
                2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
                  He was cut before the tryout camp concluded. Therefore, he didn't play in any regular season games.
                  However, he may have played in a preseason game, but that wouldn't matter because with a Player Tryout contract (PTO) you don't get paid unless you make the team and sign the Standard Player Contract (SPC).

I don't know how that sits with the NCAA , but I know it doesn't sit well with his bank account.
                  It appears he's doing very well, as one would expect, in the league he's playing in now. He's playing for the Sagkeeng Braves in the Manitoba Senior Hockey League. According to the stats he has 21 points in four games.

I don't know how the NCAA looks at all of this but I don't see him coming back to Adrian but then again, never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                    It appears he's doing very well, as one would expect, in the league he's playing in now. He's playing for the Sagkeeng Braves in the Manitoba Senior Hockey League. According to the stats he has 21 points in four games.

I don't know how the NCAA looks at all of this but I don't see him coming back to Adrian but then again, never say never.
                    maybe there is room at oswego....maybe

Comment

maybe there is room at oswego....maybe
                      There isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                        Just how senior is this senior league ? At 5.25 pts per game is it the Manitoba U85 Division?
                        2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                        THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Two more wins which I sort of expected. A real squeaker against Nazareth yesterday. SOG would lead one to believe that Adrian held the edge in play, but that wasn't the case. Naz out worked us and won most of the races to loose pucks. Shackell was our best player yesterday. He made half a dozen saves that had everyone shaking their head in disbelief. Good teams seem to find a way to win close games when they don't have their "A game". That's what happened yesterday.

Now we've got a road a road trip to Marian, and hopefully finish 2013 strong.

Comment

Adrian looks to be very tough this season.

Little slip-ups against teams that are better than their record may indicate (like Naz) can be expected. It's fortunate to get out of those games with a W. Really looking forward to the second half of the NCHA schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              Adrian looks to be very tough this season.

Little slip-ups against teams that are better than their record may indicate (like Naz) can be expected. It's fortunate to get out of those games with a W. Really looking forward to the second half of the NCHA schedule...
                              I'm looking forward to the second half as well. I like how our schedule sets up. It requires that they keep their focus direcltly on their next opponent.

Comment

Good Hockey - keep it up!!
                                Larry Normandin
                                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X