Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

    I really like what I saw this weekend. Great speed and skill, with size added on the wings and on the blueline. We have four lines that can play in all situations throughout the game. The rookies appear to be very comfortable adapting to the systems.

    We've got Geneseo (4-1) on our schedule tomorrow night and that should provide additional perspective on where we're at.

    Great start from this group.
    Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

      Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      I really like what I saw this weekend. Great speed and skill, with size added on the wings and on the blueline. We have four lines that can play in all situations throughout the game. The rookies appear to be very comfotable adapting to the systems.

      We've got Geneseo (4-1) on our schedule tomorrow night and that should provide additional perspective on where we're at.

      Great start from this group.
      should be a great game tomorrow

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

        Tough road game, for sure.

        Hopefully the freshmen use their experience in Milwaukee a couple weeks ago to their advantage.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


        God, that was fun...

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

          Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Tough road game, for sure.

          Hopefully the freshmen use their experience in Milwaukee a couple weeks ago to their advantage.
          Thanks for the game updates. Nice win for sure. Looks like they took their foot off the gas in the 3rd period and just defended the lead. Fredonia's up and Naz' on deck. Hope we can stay sharp.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

            Maybe they were tired from pushing the zamboni off the ice.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


            God, that was fun...

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

              Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
              Thanks for the game updates. Nice win for sure. Looks like they took their foot off the gas in the 3rd period and just defended the lead. Fredonia's up and Naz' on deck. Hope we can stay sharp.
              Don't know much about Naz, but the Fredonia game will be bad! They are the weakest team I've seen play so far this year
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion


              "A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                Don't know much about Naz, but the Fredonia game will be bad! They are the weakest team I've seen play so far this year
                I hear you, but teams seem to elevate their game when they come to Adrian, especially teams from out of the conference. I'll bet these games have been circled for awhile on their respective schedules. I expect Fredonia and Nazereth will compete very hard at at Adrian and against the US Under-18 team in Ann Arbor.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                  Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                  I hear you, but teams seem to elevate their game when they come to Adrian, especially teams from out of the conference. I'll bet these games have been circled for awhile on their respective schedules. I expect Fredonia and Nazereth will compete very hard at at Adrian and against the US Under-18 team in Ann Arbor.
                  They definitely will play their butts off and try to knock off Adrian, as I'm sure Northland did this year. I'm guessing Fredonia and Northland are at about the same level this year, and expect similar scores. Adrian looked very good last night on tape, and handedly beat what I believe to be a good team in Geneseo.
                  2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                  2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                  2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion


                  "A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                    Fredonia has a win at Oswego, and played to within 2 of Platty. Northland has a win and played to within 2 of Lawrence. There is little to compare with these two programs......yet.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                      I have watched,on the interweb, all Oswegos games, and the Fredonia,the first was a mess,all new players,almost,playing with all new line mates...they have looked a ton better after that game,but still have much to work on,a work in progress i think i read b4....bottom line dont think we can take to much from the freddy game, and we r only a few games in,that said after watching Adrian play Genny last night= bad bad news for Fredonia,Adrian looked great and dominated .

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                        A shoutout to Hammer. To say that Adrian is playing great hockey is an understatement. i was at the Geneseo game last nite and it was the men against the boys.
                        Congrats on another very good team this year. If you have issues with fredonia i will owe you dinner.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                          Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                          A shoutout to Hammer. To say that Adrian is playing great hockey is an understatement. i was at the Geneseo game last nite and it was the men against the boys.
                          Congrats on another very good team this year. If you have issues with fredonia i will owe you dinner.
                          I watched as best I could between the commercials and my dinner, but it was pretty clear that Adrian was a very solid team all the way through - going to be interesting to see what happens up the line in the N/M CHA. I like the name change and I don't like it at the same time.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                            Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                            A shoutout to Hammer. To say that Adrian is playing great hockey is an understatement. i was at the Geneseo game last nite and it was the men against the boys.
                            Congrats on another very good team this year. If you have issues with fredonia i will owe you dinner.
                            The shoutout wasn't necessary, but thank you all the same. Adrian did play well, but I didn't think Geneseo played as badly as some seem to think. They had their chances 5x5 early. An early power play goal by Ranalli changed things a bit. But if Geneseo converted a couple chances along the way, this came could have had a much different feel to it.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


                            God, that was fun...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              The shoutout wasn't necessary, but thank you all the same. Adrian did play well, but I didn't think Geneseo played as badly as some seem to think. They had their chances 5x5 early. An early power play goal by Ranalli changed things a bit. But if Geneseo converted a couple chances along the way, this came could have had a much different feel to it.
                              You hit the nail on the head. 5 x 5 early Geneseo was "in" the game. They are not a deep team and rely on hard work. Their top 2 lines can compete with just about anyone, but the team is not built as a "come from behind" type team. Their goaltending will either win some games or let some slip away. Im not sure how much was a Hobart Hangover as well. Take nothing away from Adrian at all, deffently a Top 10 team. You just can't shoot yourself in the foot against a team like Adrian taking penalties.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

                                Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                You hit the nail on the head. 5 x 5 early Geneseo was "in" the game. They are not a deep team and rely on hard work. Their top 2 lines can compete with just about anyone, but the team is not built as a "come from behind" type team. Their goaltending will either win some games or let some slip away. Im not sure how much was a Hobart Hangover as well. Take nothing away from Adrian at all, deffently a Top 10 team. You just can't shoot yourself in the foot against a team like Adrian taking penalties.
                                agree Genny has 3-5 very good forwards after that its a crap shoot....they also took offensive zone penalties as well which always seem to kill a team, they will have to be more disciplined come tomorrow against a Oswego team that should have some jump when they see a packed Ira.Adrian looked very good,and would expect nothing but a top 4ish finish this yr.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X