Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

as far as the D1/D/3 thing,I think a lot has to do with depth of the team as well,The first 2 lines of the d3 team can/would keep up with the players on the d1,upper quality, team but depth is the problem after lets say the 30 min mark of the game,kind of like in d3 when a morrisville/cortland stays with a oswego/platty for the first half of the game then their lack of 3/4th lines starts catch up with them..... the lower half of the d1's vs. top d3's would be some good competition all the way through

Comment

• UWEC v SNC
      1. I predict that an institution of higher learning whose initials are EC (unfortunately not the EC team I follow) will make the final pairing in Maine. A roster replete with D1 cast-offs, NAHL recruits (arguably the best American Jr Hockey recruiting grounds for d3) and Western Canadian Jr Leagues (arguably the top tier of Canadian Jr Hockey) on paper is the team to beat.
      2. I predict EC's opponent in the final two will be SNC, arguably the best supported hockey program in all of D3 hockey. Seems they had more suits on the bench in Placid than the other 3 teams combined.
      3. UWEC 4 - SNC 2

How's that for Eastern bias! and sorry Fish

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        And the percentage of D-1 players from .500 and lower teams going to have to get real jobs sooner rather than later, is about the same, so your point is?
        The great equalizer -- 10:30 pm men's league. Sooner or later, we're all there.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: UWEC v SNC

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
          [LIST=1]
          [*]I predict EC's opponent in the final two will be SNC, arguably the best supported hockey program in all of D3 hockey.
          Attendance figures would argue against your statement for SNC being the best supported, at least by fans.
          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

I'll take a stab at the 11 team NCAA field in no particular order: Utica, Plattsburgh, Norwich, Mass-Boston, Middlebury, St. John's, St. Norbert, Salem State, Oswego, Bowdoin, Stevens Point

Comment

Substitute Curry for Mass-Boston

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                Substitute Curry for Mass-Boston
                Reason: ECAC-NE needs an AQ.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                  Attendance figures would argue against your statement for SNC being the best supported, at least by fans.
                  Suits = Supported institutionally.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Does he ever?
                    I had no part of the .500/500% debacle, Chumps...

("Reading comprehension", right..? Pass that along to your BB Larry when you both sober-up.)
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-02-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      I had no part of the .500/500% debacle, Chumps...

("Reading comprehension", right..? Pass that along to your BB Larry when you both sober-up.)
                      Fish, have you ever considered getting an education? There are programs available to assist you, maybe the person who helps you with with your computer could help find a local adult learning center, it is never to late learn.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Nice random, pointless insult Larry... (It sure beats your endless and lame puns!)
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-04-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Nicer random, pointless insult Larry... (It sure beats your endless and lame puns!)
                          Sorry it was pointless, I really thought there might be help for you
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'll take a stab at the tournament field. The Pool C`s and ECAC NE champion are pretty much a guess...

MIAC- Concordia-Moorhead
                            NCHA- St. Norbert
                            ECAC E- Norwich
                            ECAC NE- Wentworth
                            SUNYAC- Plattsburgh
                            NESCAC- Amherst
                            MASAC- Salem St.

Pool B- Stevens Point

Pool C- Neumann, CSS, Bowdoin

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              Sorry it was pointless, I really thought there might be help for you
                              Larry, if you quote me again, please take the time to correct my typos. (I'd do it for you, brother!)

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
                                My prediction for this year is that even fewer Western D3 hockey fans will be visiting, let alone posting, on this USCHO website. I base that statement on the following observations;

1) The inability to sustain any team thread other than one focusing on either SNC or Adrian.
                                2) The inability to even sustain any Western conference thread.
                                3) Even the participants in last season's NCHAMIACMCHA Pick'em were mostly followers of teams from the East.
                                4) Of the few frequent Western posters a vast majority of them are SNC and Adrian fans*. No other western team has more than 2 , and most have none, which explains #s 1,2,& 3.

*- I noticed the # of Adrian fans posting has dwindled over the last two years.
                                Well, here we are nearly halfway through the 2013-2014 season and it looks like I was spot on.
                                2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                                THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Working...
                                X