Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
    You may want to wait until you see EC's roster.... From what I have heard there are some additions that aren't listed that will have everyone focusing on the transfers EC gets :-D. Can't wait for the season to get started!!!!
    You may want to find new sources. Roster shows no new transfers. UH OH!

Comment

Re: 2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
      You may want to find new sources. Roster shows no new transfers. UH OH!
      I see a transfer, from Omaha.

Comment

Eau Claire roster

Help us out. Which one are we missing?
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Mankato and UNO, 2 from the old WCHA. So u'r UH OH is definitely warranted... Here come the Blugolds again!

Comment

#12 from UNO, #24 from Mankato.

Comment

They've combined for 2 assists (1 each) over 25 combined games of Division 1 hockey, spanning 2 seasons each. Okay...
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Mirrors almost all of their transfers stat lines.. Hilarious how they're not a threat right now, but if the Blugolds have success again then the age, transfers, etc. gets thrown out there. You're probably right, they were just recruited to play for teams in the WCHA, I'm sure they're bums.

Comment

Mankato and UNO, 2 from the old WCHA. So u'r UH OH is definitely warranted... Here come the Blugolds again!
                  Mantha, Pustin, and McCabe are fine players, but I'm not sure they were the secret sauce in last season's NCAA run.

Best of luck this season. Repeating is very difficult, especially coming from a conference void of an AQ.

Comment

Mantha scored the game winner last year in LP and was very good for the Blugolds, McCabe was one of the best two way players in the country, and Pustin had some of the best snipes I've seen. Pretty good ingredients in the sauce. Pustin coming back should be better, the transfers seem to be better their second year. Graduating McCabe and Mantha will be tougher to replace than stats show. The WIAC doesn't have the AQ like the SNCHA or the MIAC, but until further notice the entire SNCHA is playing for a pool C bid (insert SNC here) competing against the rest of the DIII teams in the country while the WIAC is fighting for either a pool B or C (IMO I like their chances of receiving at least one bid). In any case, I can't wait for the puck to drop on the season and don't forget the WIAC / SNCHA split was all RIT's fault :-D!

Comment

Stephenson was the special sauce, as evidenced by being outshot 2 to1 in the NCAA Quarterfinal game in DePere.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Stephenson was the special sauce, as evidenced by being outshot 2 to1 in the NCAA Quarterfinal game in DePere.
                        Fact. Huge unknown this year for the Blugolds. Returning every D man except two should help. Scoring will be more of a wild card rather than goaltending IMO.

Comment

Fact. Huge unknown this year for the Blugolds. Returning every D man except two should help. Scoring will be more of a wild card rather than goaltending IMO.
                          Singer was head and shouldesr above the rest from the 1 game,The Champioship ,I watched ,he was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            Well 2 weeks since you made that bold prediction , and these are my observations on it as of 10:30am today.

Only 3 of the top 15 threads are D3 West related.
                            1) 2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em- participants are one Westerner other than thread author, 6 Easterners.
                            2) 2013-2014 UW-Stout Season Thread... 2 replies, one each from the West and East.
                            3) Adrian 2013-2014 Season Thread.... 6 replies, 3 Easterners, and one Westerner other than the threads author.

Even this thread has a meager participation by western posters. A hand full of SNC fans, a UWEC fan, and an Adrian follower.

i doubt it's going to pick up much ,if any.
                            2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                            THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

D3hockey.com has their ranking up for this yr,and very nice preview........Utica should be ranked higher..........and begin

Comment

Lets hope the top D-III teams fair better than the top D-I teams did the first three weeks of play.
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X