Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 Season predictions - the crystal bawl awards!!

oswego, tough 1st half better 2nd half.will take time for sooooo many new players to mesh with so few returning players,but it will b interesting to watch, and read posts about. would have to go wth platty, norbert,utica and a dark horse??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      oswego, tough 1st half better 2nd half.will take time for sooooo many new players to mesh with so few returning players,but it will b interesting to watch, and read posts about. would have to go wth platty, norbert,utica and a dark horse??
      Oswego I agree, and when they gel - ouch.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Oswego I agree, and when they gel - ouch.
        a fun time for sure

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Hopefully someday.
          Would there be a return trip out west from the Primelink host, or would SNC just be scratching your back?

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
            SNC, Plattsburgh, Adrian, UM-Boston with Plattsburgh beating SNC 3-2 in Final
            I think you got it correctly picked as far as 2 Western teams getting into the Final Four. SNC will win the NCHA regular season, only to get ambushed by Adrian for the AQ.
            Plattsburgh and Utica are the other two combatants, but both will get smoked by the bigger, faster, and stronger teams from the West.
            SNC will win the DIII National Championship.

* If not Adrian, just insert UWEC in their place as that possibility exists in a first round match up.
            ** The MIAC's AQ is Toast.
            2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
            THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
              ** The MIAC's AQ is Toast.
              Cinnamon toast, I presume?
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

March 1, 2014

Oswego sends shock waves through DIII by upsetting the #2 Nationally ranked Cardinals on their home ice in the SUNYAC semifinals, only to lose the next week to Geneseo in the SUNYAC Finals. Plattsburgh obviously gets the invite to the NCAA's, is the #1 seed in the East, and plays like a team with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the way, winning their fourth National Championship on the ice in front of a crowd of 851 in centrally located Maine.
                2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                  Would there be a return trip out west from the Primelink host, or would SNC just be scratching your back?
                  I'm well aware SNC won't come out unless the get a return trip. As they should.

If Norwich could free up another game, I'd bet they would be willing to do it if they could get two games out there.

However, finding that extra game will be tough.

I feel like the only way it will happen is if Middlebury or Plattsburgh could come to the NSB Tourney, but they both have holiday tournaments so that's out.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

winning their fourth National Championship on the ice in front of a crowd of 851 in centrally located Maine.
                    We had 854 for a soccer game the other night.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                      March 1, 2014

Oswego sends shock waves through DIII by upsetting the #2 Nationally ranked Cardinals on their home ice in the SUNYAC semifinals, only to lose the next week to Geneseo in the SUNYAC Finals. Plattsburgh obviously gets the invite to the NCAA's, is the #1 seed in the East, and plays like a team with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the way, winning their fourth National Championship on the ice in front of a crowd of 851 in centrally located Maine.
                      Wouldn't that be a hoot but in the long run it won't matter for the Cards will be in NCAA's
                      Oswego' 88

Comment

March 1, 2014

So, if you're having Plattsburgh be the #1 East Seed, and they're hosting Oz in the SUNYAC Semifinals, that means you have Oswego placing 4th in the Regular Season SUNYAC standings? Behind Geneseo and Buffalo State, I would presume?
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          So, if you're having Plattsburgh be the #1 East Seed, and they're hosting Oz in the SUNYAC Semifinals, that means you have Oswego placing 4th in the Regular Season SUNYAC standings? Behind Geneseo and Buffalo State, I would presume?
                          I believe Genny is going to be very good this year, and are the safe bet for 2nd in the SUNYAC. I keep going back and forth with 3rd place being Buff St or Oswego? I'm looking forward to seeing how Oswego comes out of the gate considering the first weekend is with Buff St. With that said, it made for a better tale having Oswego 4th
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I believe Genny is going to be very good this year, and are the safe bet for 2nd in the SUNYAC. I keep going back and forth with 3rd place being Buff St or Oswego? I'm looking forward to seeing how Oswego comes out of the gate considering the first weekend is with Buff St. With that said, it made for a better tale having Oswego 4th
                            ...the Oz creative writing program has taken things up and notch and a good drama, much like a massage, is all about the ending...in this case a happy ending for Gosek as SUNYAC COTY for taking his young team to the league finals
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

This PS makes Fish very upset.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Seeing as in their programs history Oswego has NEVER lost to buff state, I'd put them ahead of buff state. They have an all time record of 37-0-4.

That being said I think its going to be a close battle for second between Oswego and Geneseo. But I think oz will take it.
                                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X