No announcement yet.

St. Norbert 2013-14 - a new mountain to climb on the way back to the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Norbert 2013-14 - a new mountain to climb on the way back to the top

Originally posted by hawk View Post
    For some reason I am under the impression that the NCAA didn't allow Norwich to continue playing Dartmouth before 11-1 as they did in the past. Maybe the Norwich game was an exhibition and not a scrimmage and that made a difference. A lot of D3 fans and maybe some Dartmouth fans looked forward to the D1/D3 competition. The game also brought a good crowd to Thompson Arena in Hanover.

I am looking forward to watching the scrimmage if the colleges stream it.
    Before the 2013-14 season, a rule was put in place not allowing for any exhibitions or games to be played by D-III schools before Nov. 1. (Stout got around this by having a contract and proving their game was already scheduled for a date prior to Nov. 1 before the rule was put in place.)

For the 2014-15 season, the committee amended the rule stating you could play scrimmages or exhibitions before Nov. 1.

This year, because the Nov. 1 falls on Saturday, games on Friday, Oct. 31 are permitted.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: St. Norbert 2013-14 - a new mountain to climb on the way back to the top

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Before the 2013-14 season, a rule was put in place not allowing for any exhibitions or games to be played by D-III schools before Nov. 1. (Stout got around this by having a contract and proving their game was already scheduled for a date prior to Nov. 1 before the rule was put in place.)

For the 2014-15 season, the committee amended the rule stating you could play scrimmages or exhibitions before Nov. 1.

This year, because the Nov. 1 falls on Saturday, games on Friday, Oct. 31 are permitted.

Prez
      So is there any chance Norwich can have an exhibition with Dartmouth and whatever they called the game with UQTR. The UQTR games were some of the best competition I have ever seen at Norwich.
      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
        Prez
        So is there any chance Norwich can have an exhibition with Dartmouth and whatever they called the game with UQTR. The UQTR games were some of the best competition I have ever seen at Norwich.
        There is in the future yes. Not this year.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
        X