Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elmira College 2013-14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

    Well, lets see if we can keep a discussion going here in the offseason. EC graduates its top two scorers in Strale and Burnell, who is graduating early. But, they bring back Collins, Ten Vaanholt, Shinkaruk, Whittle, Depp, and the freshman Taulien who had a good first year.

    They need to tighten things up defensively next season, and maybe the goaltending will improve a bit? Sal had a GAA of 3.21 and DeMelo was at 3.31. You need a good amount of scoring, which they had most nights, in order to win when you give up more than three goals.

    Here's hoping to another ECAC West Championship (the one that counts!) and maybe an NCAA bid for the first time in three years.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

    Comment


    • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

      Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      Well, lets see if we can keep a discussion going here in the offseason. EC graduates its top two scorers in Strale and Burnell, who is graduating early. But, they bring back Collins, Ten Vaanholt, Shinkaruk, Whittle, Depp, and the freshman Taulien who had a good first year.

      They need to tighten things up defensively next season, and maybe the goaltending will improve a bit? Sal had a GAA of 3.21 and DeMelo was at 3.31. You need a good amount of scoring, which they had most nights, in order to win when you give up more than three goals.

      Here's hoping to another ECAC West Championship (the one that counts!) and maybe an NCAA bid for the first time in three years.
      Didn't realize Burnell was graduating early...that stinks..EC still has a formidable team coming back though....
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

      Comment


      • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

        Originally posted by cosmo46 View Post
        haha-not sure how that happened...

        By the way, I laughed my butt off when the Utica announcer gave me a shout out live on the webcast.
        You're welcome!
        Our bite is worse than our bark....
        Top guys, out.

        Comment


        • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

          Originally posted by smbenny View Post
          Well, lets see if we can keep a discussion going here in the offseason. EC graduates its top two scorers in Strale and Burnell, who is graduating early.
          Grad early? Thats a first. Interesting wouldnt stay to finish out his 4 years. Can assume he is moving on to grad school

          Comment


          • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

            Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            Grad early? Thats a first. Interesting wouldnt stay to finish out his 4 years. Can assume he is moving on to grad school
            I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often across the D3 landscape. As we know, most of the guys come in 2-3 years after finishing high school. I would think with AP classes in HS and maybe taking a few community college classes during your junior playing days that chopping at least a semester (if not a year) off your time at the college would be quite doable.
            Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

            Listen to GSU Hockey

            Comment


            • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

              Originally posted by ballgame View Post
              Grad early? Thats a first. Interesting wouldnt stay to finish out his 4 years. Can assume he is moving on to grad school
              But please, Josh, if you are indeed going-on for grad school I beg of you... with one more year of NCAA eligibility remaining, please, please, PLEASE do not pursue this grad-work at one of those Suny-Yack schools with a hockey program!! ( )

              Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              Dave
              RIT - '90

              Comment


              • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

                Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                But please, Josh, if you are indeed going-on for grad school I beg of you... with one more year of NCAA eligibility remaining, please, please, PLEASE do not pursue this grad-work at one of those Suny-Yack schools with a hockey program!! ( )

                Cheers!!!
                ~TTF
                I'm sure he could find a nice grad program at Oz

                Comment


                • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

                  Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                  But please, Josh, if you are indeed going-on for grad school I beg of you... with one more year of NCAA eligibility remaining, please, please, PLEASE do not pursue this grad-work at one of those Suny-Yack schools with a hockey program!! ( )

                  Cheers!!!
                  ~TTF
                  Where should I send the SUNY Oswego Graduate Studies materials?
                  LakerEagleLover

                  I support tuition payments past...

                  Comment


                  • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

                    Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    Grad early? Thats a first. Interesting wouldnt stay to finish out his 4 years. Can assume he is moving on to grad school
                    Nicolas Dumoulin graduated early with THREE Majors, after Three Years.. Huge Loss
                    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

                    http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

                    Comment


                    • Re: Elmira College 2013-14

                      Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                      Nicolas Dumoulin graduated early with THREE Majors, after Three Years.. Huge Loss
                      wow thats great for him. Things sure have changed. We tried to stay as long as possible

                      Comment


                      • Lee [Limited] "Homecoming"

                        EC Fans can once again see Martin Lee play locally when the Cincinnati Cyclones come to-town to play the Jackals, as he has recently signed with the Cyclones after playing out-west (in Utah)... link We'll be cheering for him when he does come-"home", and wish him great success! Note that the article states Cincinnati will be in Elmira on October 31 & November 1 (and I get-out of having to hand-out candy this year!!).

                        Cheers,
                        ~TTF
                        Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 06-29-2014, 08:33 PM.
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X