Whitehead Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitehead Available

Will Hamilton come calling? Opportunity to bring in an alum. It woUld take great foresight to jetison Haberbusch and bring back a proven coach who twice took the black bears to the nat. Championship finals. Though Whitehead fell out of favor the last few years, he developed and mentored Bazin and And brought along a Maine squad to a winning record after a horrible start.

Re: Whitehead Available

Originally posted by nasa69 View Post
    Will Hamilton come calling? Opportunity to bring in an alum. It woUld take great foresight to jetison Haberbusch and bring back a proven coach who twice took the black bears to the nat. Championship finals. Though Whitehead fell out of favor the last few years, he developed and mentored Bazin and And brought along a Maine squad to a winning record after a horrible start.
    Not sure about Hamilton, but he will end up coaching somewhere and he will be successful. He has integrity and can develop players as you pointed out. His downfall at Maine was not being able to recruit enough talent in a single class and for two years there was very little talent.

Comment

Does Hamilton care about their hockey program? If so, they would have a rink that compares to most NESCAC schools. Their rink is a dump.
      Therefore, I doubt they would fire a coach who is under contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Not sure about Hamilton, but he will end up coaching somewhere and he will be successful. He has integrity and can develop players as you pointed out. His downfall at Maine was not being able to recruit enough talent in a single class and for two years there was very little talent.
        Whitehead will be a superlative coach at a liberal arts school.

Some people on this forum would write that as a backhanded compliment. Not me. Based on everything I know about him, Whitehead is too good a man for division 1 athletics. Put him in a situation where he can help college kids develop as student-athletes, as opposed to "student-athletes," and he'll excel.

Comment

Whitehead would be a perfect opportunity to resurrect a program and demonstrate administrations commitment to sport. But the school is too caught up in an arts building program just having finished a museum and now working on a theater while the hockey team has to share a dressing room with womens soccer and softball. There is a reason why academic powerhouses like Yale emphasize excellence at every level.

Comment

Originally posted by nasa69 View Post
            Whitehead would be a perfect opportunity to resurrect a program and demonstrate administrations commitment to sport. But the school is too caught up in an arts building program just having finished a museum and now working on a theater while the hockey team has to share a dressing room with womens soccer and softball. There is a reason why academic powerhouses like Yale emphasize excellence at every level.
            I doubt Coach Whitehead will drop down to D-III. He's too well respected by his peers and by his players not to be unemployed for long. He'll be back behind the bench in D-I before too long.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              I doubt Coach Whitehead will drop down to D-III. He's too well respected by his peers and by his players not to be unemployed for long. He'll be back behind the bench in D-I before too long.
              I agree.

Comment

Working...
              X