X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dunning's Dilemma - The Official Norwich - Oswego Semi Final Thread

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Updated thank you.

Where's Borrelli to complain about my work output now? Tough day on the Cape must be....
    ...the Cape is where I park my car before taking the 30 mile ferry ride to Nantucket ISLAND...sheesh...

Very well done - you obviously worked hard to earn your DIPLOMA which has enabled you to advance, eat solid foods and keep a dry roof over your head... (We can assess your wardrobe in a Placid watering hole)

Seriously - you have captured the essence as to why this game is so fascinating...worthy of a Championship....to go along with that championship education you received in Oz...

I still can't believe Farkas will miss this game...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      As promised, here is the comprehensive Norwich/Oswego Preview. 1100 words. Enjoy!

Cannot. Wait. For. Friday.

http://norwichathletics.com/sports/m...review_3-12-13
      So Norwich has never defeated Oswego in New York
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        It's bound to come up again. The world needs to know if you're tied to the alma mater or the employer.
        Interesting dilemma. My guess is given the same exact situation for most young folks--DD is using dough earned from his employer to pay off debt incurred when he attended his alma mater. Somewhere here there may be a Catch 22 when it comes to loyalty that I do not envy with this younger generation. Good luck Cadets--and I just went there. Good luck DD.
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Whitelaw to Receive SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence

Jeff Rea, Public Affairs

3/13/2013 8:38:00 AM

OSWEGO, N.Y. - Oswego State senior men's ice hockey captain Jon Whitelaw has been selected as one of five SUNY Oswego students to receive the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence. Whitelaw will receive the award, which is the highest student recognition handed out through the SUNY system, in ceremonies April 4 at Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany.

Whitelaw, a 2012 Second Team East All-American, has received several top awards for combining superior academics and athletics, including the SUNY Athletic Conference's Dr. Sam Molnar Award, the SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award and SUNYAC All-Academic team membership. The 2010 SUNYAC Rookie of the Year presented on the importance of player-referee understanding at the USA Hockey Referee Convention, participated with five teammates in a wheelchair basketball tournament for Move Along Inc., spent summers at home in Huntsville, Ontario, teaching hockey fundamentals to children and served as a mock trial guest judge at Nottingham High School in Syracuse, where he student teaches.
          Whitelaw ideally “would like to be fortunate enough to pursue possible opportunities with hockey that would allow me to travel and see other parts of the world,” he said. “Ultimately, regardless of where I end up after Oswego, it is my goal to continue my education and pursue a career in teaching.”

Whitelaw, who is fifth on the team in scoring this season with 30 points on 10 goals and 20 assists in 22 games, leads the Lakers this weekend when they face Norwich on Friday un the Frozen Four at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Whitelaw is the first Oswego State student-athlete to receive the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence since 2011 when women's swimming and diving student-athlete Nikki Dean.
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Whitelaw to Receive SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence

Jeff Rea, Public Affairs

3/13/2013 8:38:00 AM

OSWEGO, N.Y. - Oswego State senior men's ice hockey captain Jon Whitelaw has been selected as one of five SUNY Oswego students to receive the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence. Whitelaw will receive the award, which is the highest student recognition handed out through the SUNY system, in ceremonies April 4 at Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany.

Whitelaw, a 2012 Second Team East All-American, has received several top awards for combining superior academics and athletics, including the SUNY Athletic Conference's Dr. Sam Molnar Award, the SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award and SUNYAC All-Academic team membership. The 2010 SUNYAC Rookie of the Year presented on the importance of player-referee understanding at the USA Hockey Referee Convention, participated with five teammates in a wheelchair basketball tournament for Move Along Inc., spent summers at home in Huntsville, Ontario, teaching hockey fundamentals to children and served as a mock trial guest judge at Nottingham High School in Syracuse, where he student teaches.
            Whitelaw ideally “would like to be fortunate enough to pursue possible opportunities with hockey that would allow me to travel and see other parts of the world,” he said. “Ultimately, regardless of where I end up after Oswego, it is my goal to continue my education and pursue a career in teaching.”

Whitelaw, who is fifth on the team in scoring this season with 30 points on 10 goals and 20 assists in 22 games, leads the Lakers this weekend when they face Norwich on Friday un the Frozen Four at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Whitelaw is the first Oswego State student-athlete to receive the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence since 2011 when women's swimming and diving student-athlete Nikki Dean.
            Now thats a all around player,CONGRATS

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Just listen to a story 'bout a man named Prez
              A poor country boy from the town of Horseheads
              And then one day where lookin' where to go
              In comes a letter from the town of Oswego

Lakers that is. National Championships - zero.

The next thing you know ole Prez is lookin' fine
              Cheerin' for the Lakers and writing on Brule's dime
              And then in Superior when the Lakers win in OT
              Prez is stuck in the Johnson dormitory.

Bad weather you see. Flights cancelled.

Well now its time to say goodbye to the Oswego Lake
              And head on east where a job is his to take
              A guy named Charlie saw fit for him to hire
              The man named Prez who will cheer for Elmira

Soaring Eagles they are - National Championships zero

So now you've heard the song of the Prezidential Three
              With a spot of luck tonight, will make history
              In two weeks will he be sitting in the Ridder?
              Or at home saying, "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda?"
              Couldn't help but dig this up. It was the first thing that came to mind when i saw this thread. Stuff of legend.
              Our bite is worse than our bark....
              Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
              X