The 2013 Lake Placid Attendance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    My car is washed, vacuumed, dusted, and I even did windows. The USCHO MINI-mobile is ready to roll!
    +1

Hope to see you there, sir!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Re: The 2013 Lake Placid Attendance Thread

What's the best route from Oswego to Lake Placid?

I took 3E last time through Watertown and it was a nasty trip. Is 28N or 8N a better choice?

Comment

I'll be there, for sure. Probably the only guy wearing a Middlebury Hockey cap!
        .... and my truck will be just as dirty as always.
        from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
          What's the best route from Oswego to Lake Placid?

I took 3E last time through Watertown and it was a nasty trip. Is 28N or 8N a better choice?
          Still the best way from Oz. I81 to Black River exit, Rt 342 to Rt 3, in Deferiet take 3A to Fargo, take Rt 3 to Saranac Lake, at second light in Saranac Lake stay straight for Rt 86 to Lk Placid.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Still the best way from Oz. I81 to Black River exit, Rt 342 to Rt 3, in Deferiet take 3A to Fargo, take Rt 3 to Saranac Lake, at second light in Saranac Lake stay straight for Rt 86 to Lk Placid.
            Yeah that's pretty much the same route I took last time. I was hoping there was something better. Last time I got hit with the worst fog where I literally couldn't see the front of my car. Only my GPS gave me any idea of what the road looked like more than 5 feet in front of me. Actually made the trip twice last year. Drove the full 4 hours there and back on Friday and again on Saturday. We were dogsitting for some friends so we had to come home to feed their pets.

Comment

Toe Blake's Brother and Mr. Popcorn at Zig Zags, Lake Placid Brewing Company, Wiseguys, back to Zig Zags. Numerous drinks, frozen feet, obnoxious Can Am parents, and no SNC team to cheer on.
              SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                Toe Blake's Brother and Mr. Popcorn at Zig Zags, Lake Placid Brewing Company, Wiseguys, back to Zig Zags. Numerous drinks, frozen feet, obnoxious Can Am parents, and no SNC team to cheer on.
                How's Zigzags? Pretty dead the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
                  Yeah that's pretty much the same route I took last time. I was hoping there was something better. Last time I got hit with the worst fog where I literally couldn't see the front of my car. Only my GPS gave me any idea of what the road looked like more than 5 feet in front of me. Actually made the trip twice last year. Drove the full 4 hours there and back on Friday and again on Saturday. We were dogsitting for some friends so we had to come home to feed their pets.
                  This way you can at least by-pass Watertown and Carthage. Now that Ft Drum has its own spur off 81, the exit at Black River/Calcium for 342 will not be nearly as congested as it used to be.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                    How's Zigzags? Pretty dead the last time I was there.
                    Pretty dead with a very happy bartender! I think she needs a vacation somewhere South.
                    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Sun breaking out...light snow falling...fans from all teams strolling Main St. Lake Placid...Go Lakers, Go Cadets shout outs cross the street....kids playing pick-up games on Mirror Lake...it's a great day for hockey
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Downing my first Ubu at Lake Placid Pub and Brewery in the new upstairs bar. Only seeing Oswego fans here so far.
                        MJBeckman
                        Oswego '93
                        Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                        1991-1993
                        2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

This thread should explode tomorrow with Laker fans rolling in
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Working...
                          X