• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snc1
    replied
    Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    Mirror Lake still frozen at least?
    My boy and I took a dog sled ride on mirror lake 5 years ago. Not the warmest experience of my life

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied
    Re: Anyone need a room for placid?

Ice time schedule for this week: http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/MAR1113.pdf

Leave a comment:

• ColdInRomney
    replied

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    And the oval is indeed shut down for the season.
    Dang. It's supposed to be highs of 30, lows around 10 this weekend!? Guess I can leave my skates at home again....

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Hopefully, not like last year when you would never want to stand on it...

Leave a comment:

• vcxc3200
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Everytime in the past, the oval shuts down just before we all head up there. Very disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• nujack
    replied

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Although 10 miles either way, you should be able to find a room in either Saranac Lk or Wilmington.

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?dest...mark=&hotelId=
    The only problem with staying outside of walking distance from Herb Brooks Arena is that trying to find a place to park in LP can be a devil sometimes. I had a room reserved in Saranac Lake but decided to splurge and get something within walking distance - it makes things a lot easier. As of 30 min ago, Art Devlin's still had some rooms for ~$130 night. For $25 or so a night more than Saranac Lake it is worth the convenience.

Besides, it is within staggering distance once we win.

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
    Me and my wife would actually be interested in a place to stay friday night and saturday night, but we're only planning on going if Oswego is going to be there. Is it alright if I don't know for sure until Saturday night?
    All we really need is a bed, a lightbulb, and a plug for our electronics (we're simple people). If a room is still available, can you email me at: toto238@gmail.com? I'd like to know a little more details about the place.
    Thank you!
    Although 10 miles either way, you should be able to find a room in either Saranac Lk or Wilmington.

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?dest...mark=&hotelId=
    Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• toto238
    replied

I believe it is.
    Me and my wife would actually be interested in a place to stay friday night and saturday night, but we're only planning on going if Oswego is going to be there. Is it alright if I don't know for sure until Saturday night?
    All we really need is a bed, a lightbulb, and a plug for our electronics (we're simple people). If a room is still available, can you email me at: toto238@gmail.com? I'd like to know a little more details about the place.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied

And you're retired now, right?
    unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    was a FIREFIGHTER in the Bronx for 11 yrs then a FIRE OFFICER for 9 more yrs in hells Kitchen
    And you're retired now, right?

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied

I thought you worked out of Hell's Kitchen?
    was a FIREFIGHTER in the Bronx for 11 yrs then a FIRE OFFICER for 9 more yrs in hells Kitchen

Leave a comment:

• Icequeen
    replied

We booked rooms back in the beginning of Jan - I never had doubts they'd go 😄

Back then 17 hotels were already booked but this changes as time goes on and teams don't make it. Had rooms at crown plaza for $182/nite and art devlins for $136/nite. Just cancelled crown plaza last weekend and kept Art Devlin. Nothing quite so nice as being able to celebrate w the team and their families and not having to worry about getting in a car

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Everytime in the past, the oval shuts down just before we all head up there. Very disappointing.
    I know I parked on the oval a couple of times. Seemed kind of like sacrilege to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    The speed skating oval was operating for the public, but not sure if it will be in 10 days. Just wanted to pass this info on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X