Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conference Championship Weekend - This Bids For You!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by polarbearfan View Post
    The sweep is complete, Bowdoin is dancing! 2-1 winners! Their first* NESCAC Championship!
    +1. With just one little non-alphanumeric character, I do believe you win the post of the thread award
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Re: Conference Championship Weekend - This Bids For You!!!

Congrats to the Polar Bears. Better team won. Now defend the honor of the NESCAC in the NCAA's.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Also of note: the NESCAC, much like the NCHA, have now named the same school as their champion in both men's and women's play, with Bowdoin defeating Middlebury in the NESCAC women's championship.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Bowdoin has a hot goalie. It is a good time of year to have one of those

Comment

I have a feeling Bowdoin may be the dark horse of the upcoming tourney.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              I have a feeling Bowdoin may be the dark horse of the upcoming tourney.
              This team has the tools to make a run if they don't take stupid penalties. They have good speed, some bruisers and can score. Their have veteran guys have been there before and their goalie has, besides the Trinity fiasco, been one of the best goaltenders in the country this season.

Deservedly, Bowdoin's SOS is probably going to hurt them tonight in the seedings, but don't sleep on the Polar Bears. I think this team can make a lot more noise than the previous couple did.
              Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                How quickly one forgets the years the brackets weren't decided till way past midnight.
                I guess I'm used to the days when I was at Oswego when the brackets were done by 8 p.m.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  +1. With just one little non-alphanumeric character, I do believe you win the post of the thread award
                  Have to be accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by polarbearfan View Post
                    The sweep is complete, Bowdoin is dancing! 2-1 winners! Their first* NESCAC Championship!
                    Everyone except Barry Mills thinks it is their second title.
                    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

• Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                        +++

Comment

Originally posted by polarbearfan View Post
                          This team has the tools to make a run if they don't take stupid penalties. They have good speed, some bruisers and can score. Their have veteran guys have been there before and their goalie has, besides the Trinity fiasco, been one of the best goaltenders in the country this season.

Deservedly, Bowdoin's SOS is probably going to hurt them tonight in the seedings, but don't sleep on the Polar Bears. I think this team can make a lot more noise than the previous couple did.
                          It was wonderful see how disciplined Bowdoin was in staying out of the penalty box in both games this weekend . . And Max Fenkell was just about as good as good can be , ,

Comment

Working...
                          X