ECAC West Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West Playoffs

Found it strange that the format changed. All six teams in with #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5 ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Re: ECAC West Playoffs

Then it says UC plays the winner of #4 M-Ville and #5 Elmira with Hobart hosting the winner of #3 Neumann vs #6 Nazareth. But, it also says UC will play the lowest seed remaining...which could be Nazareth if they pulled the upset ?

This is off the official D3 release found on D3 hockey.com ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Then it says UC plays the winner of #4 M-Ville and #5 Elmira with Hobart hosting the winner of #3 Neumann vs #6 Nazareth. But, it also says UC will play the lowest seed remaining...which could be Nazareth if they pulled the upset ?

I think it had been stated that they were going to a 6-team format this year. I vaguely remember hearing about it sometime last season or in the offseason, and some of the UC and Elmira posters had mentioned it (although they were never quite sure themselves) through the year. So I guess it wasn't a surprise, just never CLEARLY stated outright.

And I'm just as confused as you are... the box to the side on the release says UC plays the lowest seed, but then the text in the release itself says it's a fixed bracket, effectively. I'm inclined to believe the Pioneers would host Naz if the Golden Flyers made it that far, but I can't be sure, obviously.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Anyone interested in UC tickets better get down to the AUD soon. I stood in line for an hour and a half today just after lunch to get mine (hope the boss isn't reading this). They're going fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
          Anyone interested in UC tickets better get down to the AUD soon. I stood in line for an hour and a half today just after lunch to get mine (hope the boss isn't reading this). They're going fast.
          Season ticket holders have till the close of business on Wednesday (I think) to purchase their seats. On Thursday unsold season ticket holder's seats will be made available to the general public.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Season ticket holders have till the close of business on Wednesday (I think) to purchase their seats. On Thursday unsold season ticket holder's seats will be made available to the general public.
            Be advised, they didn't have a seperate line for ST holders when I was there today, so they had to stand in line with the people buying general public tickets. That made buying your own seat and buying GP seats very slow. Hopefully they have fixed that. They only had one lady selling tickets out of the main office!!

Comment

From the ECAC West Website:

2012-13 ECAC Men's West Tournament Schedule

First Round: Wednesday, February 20
              Game 1: No. 6 Nazareth at No. 3 Neumann, 7:00pm
              Game 2: No. 5 Elmira at No. 4 Manhattanville, 7:30pm

Semifinals: Saturday, February 23
              Game 3: Lowest Remaining Seed at No. 1 Utica, 7:00pm
              Game 4: Highest Remaining Seed at No. 2 Hobart, 7:00pm

Championship: Saturday, March 2
              (at highest seed)
              Game 5: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner, TBD
              The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Read the release.

Comment

im lookin for the Elmira upset

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    im lookin for the Elmira upset
                    I wouldn't be surpised if Naz knocks off Neumann. They played two fairly close games last weekend, and we all know the old saying about how hard it is to beat the same team three times straight (especially when all three games are in the same week!).

I say that with no disrespect to Neumann...I mean it as more of a compliment to Naz.

Comment

Found it strange that the format changed. All six teams in with #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5 ?
                      SUNYAC has used this playoff system for years. 1 & 2 get a first round bye.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

They changed the format because they made every team in the league eligible for the playoffs. This is a pretty common practice, although I'm not a great fan of the approach. Getting into the playoffs should be an accomplishment, not a right.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I agree 100%...you should earn your right into the playoffs.

Comment

Was the last time EC was in a play-in game 06? Joy goal in OT?

Comment

I agree 100%...you should earn your right into the playoffs.
                              Careful Shabby. You do want Colgate in the playoffs don't you?

http://www.uscho.com/ecac-hockey-playoffs/

Comment

Working...
                              X