Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/26/13 - Valiant efforts? Do Knights and water mix? Giving Pointers? SCORES&RANTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1/26/13 - Valiant efforts? Do Knights and water mix? Giving Pointers? SCORES&RA

I think Oswego might riot if they win the Championship and the Ice Knights get a bid to the big dance. Regardless whether or not the Lakers get in as well.
    Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
    Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
    2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
      I think Oswego might riot if they win the Championship and the Ice Knights get a bid to the big dance. Regardless whether or not the Lakers get in as well.
      What are you talking about ...this is the SUNYAC not the ECAC WEST..the winner gets in...the loser(s) wait for a pool c bid. period....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: 1/26/13 - Valiant efforts? Do Knights and water mix? Giving Pointers? SCORES&RA

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
        Oswego would riot if they win the SUNYAC, and they would be thrilled if Genny and any other SUNYAC team make it into the NCAA's as well?
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          To expand on what Joe said. One of the NCAA criteria is record against ranked teams (NCAA ranked teams).

A loss to a ranked team hurts you in three ways
          1. It hurts your winning percentage (as does a loss to a bad team, of course)
          2. It hurts your record against ranked teams
          3. It hurts you in a potential head to head comparison with that team for seeding or a Pool C spot

A loss to an unranked team only hurts you in one way.

It's totally counter-intuitive, but if you had a 20-5 record and your losses were all to ranked teams, you would probably be behind a team with a 20-5 record with all losses to unranked teams.
          Geneseo's season really turned around in the second half against Hobart, where they began to carry much of the play. Since then, they have been very solid all around. I recognize that losses to unranked teams may be considered "flukes" and hurt less, in terms of ranking, than losses to ranked teams, but I guarantee you that the team's feeling much more confident now that they know they can compete with Adrian and Oswego. I look for that to continue for the rest of the season.

Comment

SUNYAC winner gets the AQ...and there have been multiple SUNYAC teams in the Big Dance the past several years...no riots to see here - just move along.
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I am so sorry............................................. ...............
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                Oswego would riot if they win the SUNYAC, and they would be thrilled if Genny and any other SUNYAC team make it into the NCAA's as well?
                Geez, talk about tunnel vision, coupled with a lack of both historical facts snd genrrsl knowledge.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  Geez, talk about tunnel vision, coupled with a lack of both historical facts snd genrrsl knowledge.
                  ??
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

• Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                    ??
                    Somehow, I sensed sarcasm in his post. But I could be wrong.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                      ??
                      I apologize, that wasn't directed AT you, but to the original post you responded to. It was that one I meant to say had tunnel vision and fact ignorance.
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

I apologize, that wasn't directed AT you, but to the original post you responded to. It was that one I meant to say had tunnel vision and fact ignorance.
                        Now it makes all kind of sense to me. Good post by the way

Comment

How do I have tunnel vision though? I didn't see the humor in that post nor where it made sense. Did you need some grammatical help there or were those mistakes intended in your post?

Take out regardless, I didn't mean to say that. I didn't think Geneseo getting in would get the Oswego all happy? Once again, I'm not making the connection there. I'm still learning about the SUNYAC (A division that gets a AQ where as mine; the EcacWest does not)
                          Last edited by Pioneers#1; 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM.
                          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

How do I have tunnel vision though? I didn't see the humor in that post nor where it made sense. Did you need some grammatical help there or were those mistakes intended in your post?

Take out regardless, I didn't mean to say that. I didn't think Geneseo getting in would get the Oswego all happy? Once again, I'm not making the connection there. I'm still learning about the SUNYAC (A division that gets a AQ where as mine; the EcacWest does not)
                            spelling errors << content errors...........

Tunnel Vision by being so worried about the voters conspiracy that you see nothing outside la-la land. Easily inferred from your post that you do not know that Oswego gets in via the AQ irregardless of any other SUNYAC teams qualifying.
                            Last edited by jerrynu26; 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM.
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

spelling errors << content errors...........

Tunnel Vision by being so worried about the voters conspiracy that you see nothing outside la-la land. Easily inferred from your post that you do not know that Oswego gets in via the AQ irregardless of any other SUNYAC teams qualifying.
                              Yeah, well I know of a witch that turned HERSELF into a toad!!!
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                                Yeah, well I know of a witch that turned HERSELF into a toad!!!
                                But a duck weighs more than a toad, so she could not be a witch then.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X