Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/18/13 - NECing a Beaver, BeDeviling a Sainted Knight, and don't have a Cow! SCORES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/18/13 - NECing a Beaver, BeDeviling a Sainted Knight, and don't have a Cow! SCO

ALL FINALS

Buffalo State 3, Brockport 2
    Middlebury 5, Colby 3
    Wesleyan 7, Conn. College 2
    Babson 5, NEC 0
    Skidmore 8, So. Maine 3
    UMB 3, St. Anselm 1
    Castleton 8, UNE 1
    Trinity 5, Tufts 2
    Lake Forest 4, Finlandia 2
    Northland 5, Concordia(WI) 3
    St. John's 2, Concordia(MN) 1
    WI-Eau Claire 5, WI-Superior 2
    St. Scholastica 5, WI-River Falls 2
    Augsburg 1, Hamline 1
    St. Olaf 5, Bethel 2
    2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
    2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
    2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

Re: 1/18/13 - NECing a Beaver, BeDeviling a Sainted Knight, and don't have a Cow! SCO

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
      Cards prevail 4-1 to a stubborn Mustang team. Two PP goals and a shorty. They hit as many posts as they scored goals. Just one of those games I guess. Didn't help that they played without Grace, Roytman, Alex Jensen, Constantine, Mooney and Kaye (hurt on 1st shift). Oh well, a win is a win. Not getting any help around the league tonight either.
      I know what was wrong with Constantine, Jensen and Kaye, but why didn't Grace, Roytman and Mooney play? Are they all hurt too?

Comment

I think it's a turnover problem with the two upperclassman D-men. Mooney is struggling to crack the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
          I will say that some of the calls were good ones
          Most of them were! Boy, Norwich fans, and their coach don't like it when their precious players get too many calls. Classy coach was too busy yelling at the refs to shake hands at the conclusion of the game.. Nice.

I have always given the well deserved credit to NU, they are a team loaded with skilled athletes, and they are a great team to watch, but wow, a few things don't go their way and suddenly, it's the worst officiated game ever. So sorry some disappointed fans didn't get to see another blow out.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer6 View Post
            Most of them were! Boy, Norwich fans, and their coach don't like it when their precious players get too many calls. Classy coach was too busy yelling at the refs to shake hands at the conclusion of the game.. Nice.

I have always given the well deserved credit to NU, they are a team loaded with skilled athletes, and they are a great team to watch, but wow, a few things don't go their way and suddenly, it's the worst officiated game ever. So sorry some disappointed fans didn't get to see another blow out.
            There were more than "a few things" wrong with tonight's game. Like I said, some of the calls were correct. But some were awful. I'll be the first to admit when Norwich is outplayed (See Babson and Neumann games) but what took place tonight was pretty ridiculous. Also I feel you aren't giving credit to Norwich fans, who tend to know the game of hockey pretty well. I'm not trying to instigate anything, just calling it like I saw it.
            WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
            NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
            Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

There were more than "a few things" wrong with tonight's game. Like I said, some of the calls were correct. But some were awful. I'll be the first to admit when Norwich is outplayed (See Babson and Neumann games) but what took place tonight was pretty ridiculous. Also I feel you aren't giving credit to Norwich fans, who tend to know the game of hockey pretty well. I'm not trying to instigate anything, just calling it like I saw it.
              Don't know what was said to bring on misconducts but Overall the officials lost control
              Steve Day(NU71)
              Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                This game seems out of control, officialting wise. Thomas tripped on a break away and gets 2 and 10 for embellishment?? Tory Allen gets a 10? Wow, yes Norwich committs penalties, but not this way. Hope this game is reviewed by the NCAA. I have never heard George Commo call a homer game, and I have to believe the shock in is voice.
                I think the NCAA is preoccupied right now with Manti Teo.
                Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                  Don't know what was said to bring on misconducts but Overall the officials lost control
                  Calling those bunch of clowns officials is off base, had to be one, if not the worst, officiated games I have seen in 54 years of watching College hockey. From blown off side calls to a major penalty that wasn't to an embellishment call when the whole joint thought it was going to be a penalty shot, just to name a few. Send that crew back to the minors.
                  Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes. Heck, even SID's slip up every once in a while.

Yet the officials have to be perfect.

Seems a bit unfair.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 1/18/13 - NECing a Beaver, BeDeviling a Sainted Knight, and don't have a Cow! SCO

Were the officials @ St. Mike's normally used for Div II games? I recall that George Como said he didn't recognize the name of at least one of the officials. All in all, even with what sounded like a poorly officiated game against Norwich, they were able to overcome that adversity.
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes. Heck, even SID's slip up every once in a while.

Yet the officials have to be perfect.

Seems a bit unfair.
                        Officials don't have to be perfect, but they sure as heck have to know the game!

Comment

• Re: 1/18/13 - NECing a Beaver, BeDeviling a Sainted Knight, and don't have a Cow! SCO

Kyle Thomas hooked down on a breakaway, and he's rewarded with an Embellishment minor and a game misconduct. This is getting quite out of hand.
                          It was just a 10 minute misconduct, not a game. The embellishment call was a joke however.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                            It was just a 10 minute misconduct, not a game. The embellishment call was a joke however.
                            Good call, it was with under 10 minutes left so it equated to one
                            WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
                            NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
                            Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                              Were the officials @ St. Mike's normally used for Div II games? I recall that George Como said he didn't recognize the name of at least one of the officials. All in all, even with what sounded like a poorly officiated game against Norwich, they were able to overcome that adversity.
                              Regarding the embellishment / misconduct. Not being there, but did Thomas take a full gainer trying to draw a penalty and when he got called, he said a bad word to the official?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Were the "regular" officials called up to the SHOW in anticipation of tonights NHL start? The crew last night must have been replacements.

Comment

Working...
                                X