Ecac East 2009/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ecac East 2009/2010

Went the NEC/Skidmore and NEC/Castleton games this past weekend......

NEC was inconsistent at Skidmore. NEC opened and closed the game with a great offensive showing and was awful in the middle of the game. Skidmore started the game with a handful of penalties but settled down and played more disciplined and got the win.

NEC/Castleton was an entertaining, physical, back and forth game. Both teams looked like they brought their "A" game. Both goalies (Harvey - 32 saves for NEC) (McNary - 27 saves for Castleton)

What teams/games did the rest of you see?

How did Norwich vs UNE go?
    Hockey and Beer..Two great tastes that go together

Rick Jeanneret -The BEST play by play voice in Hockey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfbyrKnKc0

Comment

Originally posted by play by play View Post

What teams/games did the rest of you see?

How did Norwich vs UNE go?

Saw St Mike's/Norwich/USM this weekend....The game Friday was brutal at times and had no flow but the USM/Norwich game was pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        Saw St Mike's/Norwich/USM this weekend....The game Friday was brutal at times and had no flow but the USM/Norwich game was pretty good...
        How is USM going to be this year? they look young on paper, but thats not always a bad thing. Hoping they have a good year and can do some damage in the playoffs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer27 View Post
          How is USM going to be this year? they look young on paper, but thats not always a bad thing. Hoping they have a good year and can do some damage in the playoffs this year.

They need to play a full 60 minutes: they beat St Mike's playing 10 minutes of hockey and lost to Norwich because they took the first 10 minutes of the 2nd off(with the help of a goal scored when the net was 3 feet off)...All in all a small sample size but I do like what I see.. The goaltending was pretty good and since I don't like to name players on this site I won't but I think a couple of FR could develop into really good players....

Comment

What's up with Castleton? 1-4-1 and no East wins? They got blown out twice on the Maine trip. Very surprised after last year's success.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUC92 View Post
              What's up with Castleton? 1-4-1 and no East wins? They got blown out twice on the Maine trip. Very surprised after last year's success.
              I have only seen one game, Castleton vs NEC, and Castleton looked little changed from last year. Just my opinion but Castleton lacked finishers and had problems scoring goals. Goaltending looked like it could improve. The slump suprised me because I thought they would challange Norwich this year for top stop in the East. They appeared to have a good recruiting year and were following a season in which they defeated both Norwich and Middlebury. However Castleton and others in the Ecac East will soon find that this years Norwich team is nothing like last years team. This one can score goals like Norwich teams a few years ago and has a lot of debth.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                I have only seen one game, Castleton vs NEC, and Castleton looked little changed from last year. Just my opinion but Castleton lacked finishers and had problems scoring goals. Goaltending looked like it could improve. The slump suprised me because I thought they would challange Norwich this year for top stop in the East. They appeared to have a good recruiting year and were following a season in which they defeated both Norwich and Middlebury. However Castleton and others in the Ecac East will soon find that this years Norwich team is nothing like last years team. This one can score goals like Norwich teams a few years ago and has a lot of debth.
                Wasn't it last year or two years ago the Castleton started the same way and finished strong...They will be there in the end...It's early...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                  Wasn't it last year or two years ago the Castleton started the same way and finished strong...They will be there in the end...It's early...
                  Maybe, but expectations might be a little higher this year (they were not picked second a year or two ago). It seems that every point in the East is big. Either way, should be a good game with Skidmore this weekend. Hope to be there.

Comment

I am hearing that the NCAA will vote, in January,to allow or disallow DIII games against DII opponents to count for purposes of league/conference and NCAA titles .In a sense, they are going to vote to eliminate DII for Hockey purposes only and adopt a DI and DII/DIII configuration.
                    anyone have any thoughts,insights on this.
                    My sense is if the NCAA continues to disallow the games to count and maintain its moratorium on new colleges in DIII, then a number of DII effected schools will just drop the sport as an intercollegiate offering.

Comment

Working...
                    X