X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC West 2012-2013 Predictions

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Your right .

Actually it needed two periods and an a capital N to make sense.

Just don't talk about mute points when you mean moot points. That's another one of my pet peeves.
    The one that is like nails on a chalkboard to me is: "I seen it" ! I have realtives that say it and I correct them too!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

It could be worse. This should put a smile on everyones face.

http://www.spellingsociety.org/news/media/spoofs.php

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        LOL...the MMA for sure,Ill save the marvin gaye for the wife

For some odd reason, Marvin works like catnip on the ladies.....

Anyway, back to hockey.

Utica fans, if you didn't catch wind of this already, you have an opportunity to pick up your tickets Tuesday, October 2nd at the aud. 4-7 PM. Players and coaches will be there. Who knows what else athletics has in store. Bring the kids.
        Our bite is worse than our bark....
        Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
          For some odd reason, Marvin works like catnip on the ladies.....

Anyway, back to hockey.

Utica fans, if you didn't catch wind of this already, you have an opportunity to pick up your tickets Tuesday, October 2nd at the aud. 4-7 PM. Players and coaches will be there. Who knows what else athletics has in store. Bring the kids.
          Thanks; been wondering where my (pre-paid) season tickets could be. The assistant AD assured us that they'd be in the mail at least 10 days ago...

UC should have never climbed in bed with TicketBastard... I predict that it's going to bite them in the ***, when all is said and done.

Comment

We get it, you can't stand ticket bastard. I think I read it somewhere once or twice.

I've still got my fingers crossed, and if all the stars align you still just may have fun at a UC game.
            Last edited by altazo; 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Try TM out sometime when you attempt to apply your seating-preference in an empty arena, then get back to me about how much you enjoyed the experience, please.

Dealing with TM is like buying cable in a town with but one provider: it's a take-it-or-leave-it monopoly, ergo they impose mysterious fees with absolute impunity, and provide no genuine customer service. (They don't need to, right?)

D-1 uses them all the time, but I wasn't expecting this level of cynicism at the D-3 level... (Is nothing exempt from rampant corporate greed these days?)
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-03-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I first figured out ticket master sucked in high school about 25 years ago. It was confirmed in college when I would have to skip classes because I'd be waiting in some phone queue for tickets, only to be denied.

Then I remember some guys in a little band called Pearl Jam getting so butthurt over ticket master that they went and talked in front of Congress about it.

Yeah, those ticket bastard folks have been up to their shananagans for quite some time now. My only advise to you is to have a beer (a luxury most everyone else here isn't allowed to indulge in at their local NCAA hockey game) and enjoy your UC hockey.
                Last edited by altazo; 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  I first figured out ticket master sucked in high school about 25 years ago. It was confirmed in college when I would have to skip classes because I'd be waiting in some phone queue for tickets, only to be denied.

Then I remember some guys in a little band called Pearl Jam getting so butthurt over ticket master that they went and talked in front of Congress about it.

Yeah, those ticket bastard folks have been up to their shananagans for quite some time now. My only advise to you is to have a beer (a luxury most everyone else here isn't allowed to indulge in at their local NCAA hockey game) and enjoy your UC hockey.
                  We are in total agreement here, and my hockey-viewing won't suffer... (I have already arranged for my usual season-tickets, and my seats are my seats, TM be ****ed to the fiery Hell they richly deserve.)

I'm just thinking that the walk-ups in Utica are in for a rude awakening, available beer or not. There isn't enough alcohol existent in the world to wash down TM's BS.

What a lousy move it was for UC to whore itself out to this shameless, money-grubbing entity. It's a complete embarrassment to the college, and to the putative "purity" of D-3 sports in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    We are in total agreement here, and my hockey-viewing won't suffer... (I have already arranged for my usual season-tickets, and my seats are my seats, TM be ****ed to the fiery Hell they richly deserve.)

I'm just thinking that the walk-ups in Utica are in for a rude awakening, available beer or not. There isn't enough alcohol existent in the world to wash down TM's BS.

What a lousy move it was for UC to whore itself out to this shameless, money-grubbing entity. It's a complete embarrassment to the college, and to the putative "purity" of D-3 sports in general.
                    The question would be whether or not UC had a choice in the matter. Ticketing agencies get contracts for the venue as a whole package, and all of the remnants have to use the services of that vendor. If the aud decided to go with TM, UC wouldn't have had a choice. If UC is the controlling tenant, or if they went to TM for just their games, that's another question. As a fan, I've been pleased with the way University Tickets has worked for NU and I would wonder why UC wouldn't go in that direction.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The question would be whether or not UC had a choice in the matter. Ticketing agencies get contracts for the venue as a whole package, and all of the remnants have to use the services of that vendor. If the aud decided to go with TM, UC wouldn't have had a choice. If UC is the controlling tenant, or if they went to TM for just their games, that's another question. As a fan, I've been pleased with the way University Tickets has worked for NU and I would wonder why UC wouldn't go in that direction.
                      I was just about to say the same thing NUProf. I agree. More than likely the arena now has a contract, and anyone using the venue must do their ticketing through that particular company.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

You raise a good point, but the water is a little muddy in terms of how UC is handling the situation.

The one time Utica hosted a home playoff game (2004?) I called ahead for tickets, and had to jump through TM's hoops even then... The college and TM apparently had some sort of agreement in place for the post-season, but it wasn't all-inclusive, as it seems to be now.

I have no idea whether or not UC is the controlling tenant at The Aud, but Utica hockey has easily been the biggest draw there for years and years, so they ought to be.

When I stopped-by the assistant AD's office to get my season passes, I asked him about the whole deal, and he seemed to be selling a product that left him feeling defensive... It was telling, to see that.

Yes, I am prone to hyperbole, but I'm convinced that this arrangement will decrease attendance. There is no way in the world it's going to be a boon to anyone aside from TM.

Comment

Food for thought: We've more than doubled our season ticket sales from a year ago. Should be interesting to see if that will negatively impact attendance. Hopefully nearly all of them are full every game. The elimination of most free season tickets should help. Now, people are more apt to use their tickets now that they have to pay for them. There were faculty members that had tickets that they got for free and attended all of about 3 games all year. Plus the booklet flexibility could help as well because sharing tickets is a lot more convenient than it used to be.
                          Our bite is worse than our bark....
                          Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
                            Food for thought: We've more than doubled our season ticket sales from a year ago. Should be interesting to see if that will negatively impact attendance. Hopefully nearly all of them are full every game. The elimination of most free season tickets should help. Now, people are more apt to use their tickets now that they have to pay for them. There were faculty members that had tickets that they got for free and attended all of about 3 games all year. Plus the booklet flexibility could help as well because sharing tickets is a lot more convenient than it used to be.
                            According to the AAD a few weeks back, that doubling of season tickets sales amounts to about 2,000 sold, which leaves another 1,900 or so up for grabs on game-nights for the (traditionally) numerous walk-ups.

It's those people who push UC's attendance to the top of D-3, not the 2,000 hard-core fans who will show up come hell or high water. My concern is that it'll be such a hassle to get decent, contiguous seats that many of the former group will just find something else to do.

Not a fan of the ticket booklet, either. Nearly 50% of that paper- those for the women's games -will end-up in the local landfill, no doubt about it... And instead of just having to carry a single season pass in my wallet for the winter, I now have to tear individual passes from my booklet for every single game. A minor point, yes, but this is not an improvement on the process IMO.

UC's argument is clearly specious: given that they've eliminated free passes, the number of season tickets sold would be the same whether or not they chose to deal with a user-unfriendly middleman or not. Either UC has been obliged to accept this arrangement, or they're getting some form of kick-back, or the powers that be are clueless.

I don't know why this is happening, but I'll be amazed if attendance averages 3,000 again this year.

Comment

A bold xECAC West 2012-2013 Prediction

I predict RIT will knock off another ranked D1 team.

Comment

Re: A bold xECAC West 2012-2013 Prediction

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                                I predict RIT will knock off another ranked D1 team.
                                I'll go one step further and predict whatever does go wrong - WILL BE RIT's FAULT!!!
                                Larry Normandin
                                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X