X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC 2012-13 Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Truenorth View Post
    Toe;
    U tell me why the hell did SNC fall short ..... what U figure went wrong ?
    They lost x3 Srs only ... didn't they ?
    What was missing ?
    Should've been a cakewalk .... don't U think ?
    UWEC matched up well against SNC all season (3-1-1). I think they played the St. Norbert style better than St. Norbert did.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      UWEC matched up well against SNC all season (3-1-1). I think they played the St. Norbert style better than St. Norbert did.
      Yes, they did....reminds me of the 2008 Ntl Championship SNC team...very physical, but they skate well....should be interesting to see how far they get in LP.
      This is a very determined group....full of veterans...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Truenorth View Post
        Toe;
        U tell me why the hell did SNC fall short ..... what U figure went wrong ?
        They lost x3 Srs only ... didn't they ?
        What was missing ?
        Should've been a cakewalk .... don't U think ?
        I know it wasn't addressed to me, but cakewalk? I don't think anyone here thought that. Each team is different. Each year is different. Clearly UWEC has an excellent team, not to mention other teams across D3.
        St. Norbert College Green Knights
        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        ---
        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Truenorth:

I am struggling with the answer right now due to the fact that the sting of a shortened season remains today. I think that other posters are correct in many ways but my spin on it is that Eau Claire got the second goal that may or may not have been offsides and then played a defensive shell that included a 4 man shell around a very steady goalie which was key to victory. SNC outshot Eau Claire by roughly 20 shots but could not really get into the paint with all of the big bodies that Eau Claire had on defense. This is why the first period was key to the the game and why it was critical for SNC to get the lead. The bottom line is that Eau Claire got the lead and played stellar defense for 2 periods to move on. As far as the non offsides call that lead to the second EC goal, I saw it as offsides but others in the area saw it as onsides. I have been looking for the video to determine but it really does not matter at this point. Before anyone jumps on me and states that this is just sour grapes, I am only stating it as I saw it and hate any game when the referees determine the outcome of a game win or lose. Congrats Eau Claire. You deserve to be there but I personally think that they will have to do more than cover around the net on the bigger rink.
          SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
            Truenorth:

I am struggling with the answer right now due to the fact that the sting of a shortened season remains today. I think that other posters are correct in many ways but my spin on it is that Eau Claire got the second goal that may or may not have been offsides and then played a defensive shell that included a 4 man shell around a very steady goalie which was key to victory. SNC outshot Eau Claire by roughly 20 shots but could not really get into the paint with all of the big bodies that Eau Claire had on defense. This is why the first period was key to the the game and why it was critical for SNC to get the lead. The bottom line is that Eau Claire got the lead and played stellar defense for 2 periods to move on. As far as the non offsides call that lead to the second EC goal, I saw it as offsides but others in the area saw it as onsides. I have been looking for the video to determine but it really does not matter at this point. Before anyone jumps on me and states that this is just sour grapes, I am only stating it as I saw it and hate any game when the referees determine the outcome of a game win or lose. Congrats Eau Claire. You deserve to be there but I personally think that they will have to do more than cover around the net on the bigger rink.
            Couldn't have wrote that any better myself. I am a bit down because SNC won't be there as I've had the pleasure of meeting many fine people with the program. Bummer, but Eau Claire did exactly what you wrote, took care of business in their own end.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
            X