• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Re: Placid certainly not flaccid

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Prepare the ink pad, and hope that this only happens once - The concept of putting the mens and women's semis and finals at the same site would be a much better plan - but seems to have no traction.
    The NCAA D-I championships have not been announced for 2015 and on. Also, the 2014 regional sites have yet to be announced.

If they put the 2015 final in Minnesota and the 2016 final in Boston, there is a chance it stays. If the final goes to Kansas City - OMG.

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Division III Presidents Council

Debra M. Townsley - President William Peace University - 11/30/12

Margaret L. Drugovich - President Hartwick College - 09/05/14

William N. Johnston - President and Chancellor Wesley College - 09/05/14
    Prepare the ink pad, and hope that this only happens once - The concept of putting the mens and women's semis and finals at the same site would be a much better plan - but seems to have no traction.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Division III Presidents Council

Debra M. Townsley - President William Peace University - 11/30/12

Margaret L. Drugovich - President Hartwick College - 09/05/14

William N. Johnston - President and Chancellor Wesley College - 09/05/14

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Current - Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee

Brett Petersen - Head Coach - Gustavus Adolphus College - Term Expires: 09/01/14

Don W. Olson - AD - The College of St. Scholastica - Term Expires: 09/01/16

Joseph Sassi - ADM - Western New England University - Term Expires: 09/01/16

Michael McShane - Head Hockey Coach/Asst. Athletic Director - Norwich University - Term Expires: 09/01/13

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

From all that I can gather, the Presidents Council is pretty much a rubber stamp. One can only hope that a NESCAC president stands up and demonstrates how bad an idea this is.

Leave a comment:

• neumyer
    replied

Who is on the D3 Presidents Council? Is it just Presidents from hockey schools? If it is from all D3 schools, they will probably just rubber stamp it and will be a reality for 2014. Too bad!

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Boo!

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Looks like the combined championship only has one more hurdle to go before its 100% go for 2014 in Philadelphia.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/17/d-ii...inals-concept/

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

It is ok for them to host it here - now

Leave a comment:

• Dyce
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    That is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Wait to they host it here

Leave a comment:

• lakont55
    replied

I would not be crazy about starting the D111 season Nov 1st. Currently our expenses to the championships every year are significant enough. We have accepted that we take a back seat to D1. We also like the fact that we do not have to compete with them. We like what we have now. If this is a minority decision, it will not be welcome

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
    They're still members of the NCAA, and could play in the NCAA tournament if they chose to, so I doubt the NCAA would not count the teams because they're voluntarily not participating. Just my guess though.
    I don't think that they are counted in the ratio for football - they opt out of post season FB, too.

Leave a comment:

• WillieC
    replied

Unless they are NOT in DIII.....

Leave a comment:

• one_to7
    replied

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
    If the NESCAC teams pull out of participating in the NCAA Tournament due to the extension of time it will take to complete the championship, would the NESCAC teams still factor into figuring the number of teams in the tournament per the 6.5/1 ratio, or would you have to subtract them out, likely reducing the NCAA's to 9 berths?
    They're still members of the NCAA, and could play in the NCAA tournament if they chose to, so I doubt the NCAA would not count the teams because they're voluntarily not participating. Just my guess though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X