replied
    Re: Placid certainly not flaccid

More pieces to the puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    But beginning in 13/14 the 1st games will not be until November 1. That 16 day slide allows the D-III championship to combine with the D-I championship.

It stinks more than a Southern cesspool, but it appears to be the wish of a small, but influential, minority of the D-III community.
    Effective September 1, 2012, the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee chair will be _____________.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The biggest issue is that schedules would then have to be moved in order to accommodate, as I believe the D-III championship is currently three weeks before the D-I championship.
    But beginning in 13/14 the 1st games will not be until November 1. That 16 day slide allows the D-III championship to combine with the D-I championship.

It stinks more than a Southern cesspool, but it appears to be the wish of a small, but influential, minority of the D-III community.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Another advantage of the push to combine the DI & DIII Championships.
    The biggest issue is that schedules would then have to be moved in order to accommodate, as I believe the D-III championship is currently three weeks before the D-I championship.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    Assuming these are on the same weekend, what happens to the D3 Championships?

The Schenectady LINK
    Another advantage of the push to combine the DI & DIII Championships.
    Last edited by norm1909; 08-13-2012, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OSUPBPMike
    replied

Well, the current Placid agreement for the DIII championships runs only through this coming season I believe.

Leave a comment:

• elbojpb
    started a topic Placid certainly not flaccid

Placid certainly not flaccid

Assuming these are on the same weekend, what happens to the D3 Championships?
    While the ECAC sent out a press release Friday hyping “a major announcement” next Tuesday (Aug. 14), the Schenectady Daily Gazette reports that the league will announce its postseason tournament will be played again in Lake Placid, N.Y., starting in 2014.

A press conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Aug. 14 at Conference Center at Lake Placid Edelweiss Room to announce the details, which are reported to include a three-year deal.

Olympic Regional Development Authority communications director Jon Lundin was vague when commenting to the Gazette.

“We will have a press conference Tuesday at 11 o’clock,” Lundin said. “We’re going to be announcing a major sporting event coming our way. It involves a winter sport.”

Lake Placid hosted the ECAC tournament from 1993-2002 after a 30-year run in Boston. The event moved to Albany, N.Y., from 2003-10 and has been in Atlantic City, N.J., the past two years and in 2013.

According to the story, Lake Placid beat out Albany, Atlantic City and Providence to host the tournament.
    The Schenectaday LINK
    Last edited by elbojpb; 08-13-2012, 07:49 AM. Reason: Link
Working...
X