• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norm1909
    replied
    Re: Placid certainly not flaccid

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Figure Conference championships are around 3/15. NCAA would start the following weekend with one series per weekend. We get 4 weeks to complete the tournament, rather than the current 2.
    Eliminating the need for mid-week (lower turn-out) play-ins.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
    I realize that. I'm trying to get a feel for which weekends each particular round would be played on.
    Figure Conference championships are around 3/15. NCAA would start the following weekend with one series per weekend. We get 4 weeks to complete the tournament, rather than the current 2.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

I realize that. I'm trying to get a feel for which weekends each particular round would be played on.
    I don't think they are planning on many changes to the format - they are very unlikely combine playoff venues, as that would increase the demand (and expense) of hotel rooms and they don't like that (note page 4).

Leave a comment:

• DH003325
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    If you push back the start of the season - the end of season moves back too (without changing anything else).

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

I am mainly interested in the format and dates of the playoffs. Those threads don't say much except that the start date of the season will be pushed back, which we already know. It is likely the semis will be on-campus. I'm wondering mainly how many weeks the playoffs will be pushed back , and how many weeks the NCAA Tournament will be spread over (i.e. will the play-ins and Quarters be separate weeks, and will there be 1 week or 2 between the semis and the final?)

I realize the NCAA Final will more than likely be combined with the D-1 Frozen Four. Already know the info in the other threads.
    If you push back the start of the season - the end of season moves back too (without changing anything else).

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Yuck
    That's what he said

Leave a comment:

• DH003325
    replied

I am mainly interested in the format and dates of the playoffs. Those threads don't say much except that the start date of the season will be pushed back, which we already know. It is likely the semis will be on-campus. I'm wondering mainly how many weeks the playoffs will be pushed back , and how many weeks the NCAA Tournament will be spread over (i.e. will the play-ins and Quarters be separate weeks, and will there be 1 week or 2 between the semis and the final?)

I realize the NCAA Final will more than likely be combined with the D-1 Frozen Four. Already know the info in the other threads.
    Last edited by DH003325; 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

I do believe that the NESCAC probably will go back to not taking part in the NCAA Tournament. How would the playoffs work? Would the conference championships be pushed from March 1 to March 15? Would the NCAA Tournament stretch over 4 weeks, with the play-ins March 22, Quarter-finals on March 29, Semi-finals at campus sites April 5, then the Final in Philly April 11? Or, would the playoffs start a week earlier with there being a 2-week break between the Semis and the Final? Anyone who has insight please shed some light.
    RE: This thread is lit.

Some sparks here.

... and a future combined championship in men's ice hockey (Divisions I and III) ... (see page 176 of 177)
    Last edited by norm1909; 08-14-2012, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DH003325
    replied

I do believe that the NESCAC probably will go back to not taking part in the NCAA Tournament. How would the playoffs work? Would the conference championships be pushed from March 1 to March 15? Would the NCAA Tournament stretch over 4 weeks, with the play-ins March 22, Quarter-finals on March 29, Semi-finals at campus sites April 5, then the Final in Philly April 11? Or, would the playoffs start a week earlier with there being a 2-week break between the Semis and the Final? Anyone who has insight please shed some light.

Leave a comment:

• elbojpb
    replied
    Interesting Dilemna

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    It may not be a totally done deal ... but it is 99.9999999% sure that you will see the D-3 Title game on Friday night of the Frozen Four weekend start in April 2014 in Philadelphia!
    Extending the season by 3 weeks may not sit well with a conference or two.

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    It may not be a totally done deal ... but it is 99.9999999% sure that you will see the D-3 Title game on Friday night of the Frozen Four weekend start in April 2014 in Philadelphia!
    Yuck

Leave a comment:

• PuckVoice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dyce
    replied

I would vote for the NCHA commish for comedy's sake.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Effective September 1, 2012, the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee chair will be _____________.

Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee Nominations

Bill Kronschnabel COM Northern Collegiate Hockey Association

Chris Salani AD Finlandia University

Noah LeFevre AD College at Brockport, State University of New York

Timothy Hale AD State University of New York at Oswego

Vincent Eruzione AD Curry College

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    From 1962-1966 the ECAC Tournament was at the Boston (Matthews) Arena.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X