Placid certainly not flaccid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Placid certainly not flaccid

I feel like allot of the d1 fans could care less about dIII, we could probably get tickets from people who buy the package for the weekend who would otherwise just throw our their diii tickets
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
      Isn’t there a lottery system for getting DI FF tickets if your team is not in-the-mix (and you cannot get pre-allocated tickets)? I seem to recall having a hard time scoring tickets way-back in 2001 (Albany FF), and if not for my connections with an arena sponsor, I would not have been able to get in. However, that was also when the venues were smaller. As the popularity of DI college hockey has grown, so have the venues... but I do not know if the venue capacities have kept-up with the demand.

I seem to recall talking with “Kuz” about this a while back, and he & his wife have gone to just-about every DI FF over the past 15-20 years, but he has no problems with getting tickets due to his “seniority” (for lack of a better term) in the lottery system. Does anyone know if this lottery system still applies to the DI FF?
      The lottery is still in effect. It has changed for 2013 where that the highest priority gets first pick on what seats they want, then so on down the line to the lowest priority. I lost my priority and don't really care as the seats are going for around $200 for the two nights. Compare that to D-III around $30 for 3 games. However the secondary ticket market here on USCHO still works and you can score tickets with no problem.

Hotels around the Wells Fargo Center are > $100 / night. It may be cheaper in Delaware or across the river in Trenton/Princeton (do not go to Camden).

As for TV coverage, don't get too excited... there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic in the Café (Complain About ESPN Thread). Last year’s DI FF coverage was terrible, with a good portion of the games on ESPNU and ESPN3. The Championship game was broadcasted on ESPN2 (link to the semis/finals). Nothing made the flagship channel ESPN... nothing. So it is likely that we will not see the DIII final game get any increase in TV coverage as a result of this move... at least not until the ESPN/NCAA deal on all championships (except squeekball) expires, which is in 2023-2024.

Oh, and I simply must quote this (out of context, of course), with apologies...
      The TV coverage for the NCAA D-II and D-III lacrosse finals was on ncaa.com. There is nothing to assume that E$PN or CB$SN will televise Friday night championship.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If the NESCAC teams pull out of participating in the NCAA Tournament due to the extension of time it will take to complete the championship, would the NESCAC teams still factor into figuring the number of teams in the tournament per the 6.5/1 ratio, or would you have to subtract them out, likely reducing the NCAA's to 9 berths?

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
          If the NESCAC teams pull out of participating in the NCAA Tournament due to the extension of time it will take to complete the championship, would the NESCAC teams still factor into figuring the number of teams in the tournament per the 6.5/1 ratio, or would you have to subtract them out, likely reducing the NCAA's to 9 berths?
          That, my dear Southern Tier friend, is the $64 question.

I hope some common sense comes to the heads of the D-III Presidents and they put the kabosh to this.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            That, my dear Southern Tier friend, is the $64 question.

I hope some common sense comes to the heads of the D-III Presidents and they put the kabosh to this.
            I wonder if it is even on the radar of D3 Presidents....
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee Nominations

Bill Kronschnabel COM Northern Collegiate Hockey Association

Chris Salani AD Finlandia University

Noah LeFevre AD College at Brockport, State University of New York

Timothy Hale

Vincent Eruzione AD Curry College
              Fixed your post.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

With Tim Hale retiring, I guess that removes him from the contenders.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  With Tim Hale retiring, I guess that removes him from the contenders.
                  Thank God. Don't let the door hit you on the way out....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                    They're still members of the NCAA, and could play in the NCAA tournament if they chose to, so I doubt the NCAA would not count the teams because they're voluntarily not participating. Just my guess though.

Comment

Unless they are NOT in DIII.....
                      D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                        They're still members of the NCAA, and could play in the NCAA tournament if they chose to, so I doubt the NCAA would not count the teams because they're voluntarily not participating. Just my guess though.
                        I don't think that they are counted in the ratio for football - they opt out of post season FB, too.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I would not be crazy about starting the D111 season Nov 1st. Currently our expenses to the championships every year are significant enough. We have accepted that we take a back seat to D1. We also like the fact that we do not have to compete with them. We like what we have now. If this is a minority decision, it will not be welcome

Comment

Wait to they host it here
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              That is fantastic.
                              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                              Some National Championships:
                              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

It is ok for them to host it here - now
                                Larry Normandin
                                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X