• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSUChamps2001
    replied
    Re: Placid certainly not flaccid

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    With Tim Hale retiring, I guess that removes him from the contenders.
    Thank God. Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

With Tim Hale retiring, I guess that removes him from the contenders.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Division III Men's Ice Hockey Committee Nominations

Bill Kronschnabel COM Northern Collegiate Hockey Association

Chris Salani AD Finlandia University

Noah LeFevre AD College at Brockport, State University of New York

Timothy Hale

Vincent Eruzione AD Curry College
    Fixed your post.

Leave a comment:

• LakerEagleLover
    replied

That, my dear Southern Tier friend, is the $64 question.

I hope some common sense comes to the heads of the D-III Presidents and they put the kabosh to this.
    I wonder if it is even on the radar of D3 Presidents....

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
    If the NESCAC teams pull out of participating in the NCAA Tournament due to the extension of time it will take to complete the championship, would the NESCAC teams still factor into figuring the number of teams in the tournament per the 6.5/1 ratio, or would you have to subtract them out, likely reducing the NCAA's to 9 berths?
    That, my dear Southern Tier friend, is the $64 question.

I hope some common sense comes to the heads of the D-III Presidents and they put the kabosh to this.

Leave a comment:

• DH003325
    replied

If the NESCAC teams pull out of participating in the NCAA Tournament due to the extension of time it will take to complete the championship, would the NESCAC teams still factor into figuring the number of teams in the tournament per the 6.5/1 ratio, or would you have to subtract them out, likely reducing the NCAA's to 9 berths?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
    Isn’t there a lottery system for getting DI FF tickets if your team is not in-the-mix (and you cannot get pre-allocated tickets)? I seem to recall having a hard time scoring tickets way-back in 2001 (Albany FF), and if not for my connections with an arena sponsor, I would not have been able to get in. However, that was also when the venues were smaller. As the popularity of DI college hockey has grown, so have the venues... but I do not know if the venue capacities have kept-up with the demand.

I seem to recall talking with “Kuz” about this a while back, and he & his wife have gone to just-about every DI FF over the past 15-20 years, but he has no problems with getting tickets due to his “seniority” (for lack of a better term) in the lottery system. Does anyone know if this lottery system still applies to the DI FF?
    The lottery is still in effect. It has changed for 2013 where that the highest priority gets first pick on what seats they want, then so on down the line to the lowest priority. I lost my priority and don't really care as the seats are going for around $200 for the two nights. Compare that to D-III around $30 for 3 games. However the secondary ticket market here on USCHO still works and you can score tickets with no problem.

Hotels around the Wells Fargo Center are > $100 / night. It may be cheaper in Delaware or across the river in Trenton/Princeton (do not go to Camden).

As for TV coverage, don't get too excited... there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic in the Café (Complain About ESPN Thread). Last year’s DI FF coverage was terrible, with a good portion of the games on ESPNU and ESPN3. The Championship game was broadcasted on ESPN2 (link to the semis/finals). Nothing made the flagship channel ESPN... nothing. So it is likely that we will not see the DIII final game get any increase in TV coverage as a result of this move... at least not until the ESPN/NCAA deal on all championships (except squeekball) expires, which is in 2023-2024.

Oh, and I simply must quote this (out of context, of course), with apologies...
    The TV coverage for the NCAA D-II and D-III lacrosse finals was on ncaa.com. There is nothing to assume that E$PN or CB$SN will televise Friday night championship.

Leave a comment:

• OSU2010
    replied

I feel like allot of the d1 fans could care less about dIII, we could probably get tickets from people who buy the package for the weekend who would otherwise just throw our their diii tickets

Leave a comment:

• Transplanted Tiger Fan
    replied

Isn’t there a lottery system for getting DI FF tickets if your team is not in-the-mix (and you cannot get pre-allocated tickets)? I seem to recall having a hard time scoring tickets way-back in 2001 (Albany FF), and if not for my connections with an arena sponsor, I would not have been able to get in. However, that was also when the venues were smaller. As the popularity of DI college hockey has grown, so have the venues... but I do not know if the venue capacities have kept-up with the demand.

I seem to recall talking with “Kuz” about this a while back, and he & his wife have gone to just-about every DI FF over the past 15-20 years, but he has no problems with getting tickets due to his “seniority” (for lack of a better term) in the lottery system. Does anyone know if this lottery system still applies to the DI FF?

As for TV coverage, don't get too excited... there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic in the Café (Complain About ESPN Thread). Last year’s DI FF coverage was terrible, with a good portion of the games on ESPNU and ESPN3. The Championship game was broadcasted on ESPN2 (link to the semis/finals). Nothing made the flagship channel ESPN... nothing. So it is likely that we will not see the DIII final game get any increase in TV coverage as a result of this move... at least not until the ESPN/NCAA deal on all championships (except squeekball) expires, which is in 2023-2024.

Oh, and I simply must quote this (out of context, of course), with apologies...
    Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    ...(yes that's how a lot of DI fans feel) your nuts.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied

although I/we/Oswego got jacked up back in the day, 87, like the campus setting, dont know much about the particulars that it involves but just my 2cents from a former player.......

Leave a comment:

• Dyce
    replied

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Says the fan of team with a mini-rink that remodeled and left it miniature sized . Everybody plays on rinks with larger dimensions than Plattsburgh
    I, for one, enjoy watching the arena football of hockey

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

Says the fan of team with a mini-rink that remodeled and left it miniature sized . Everybody plays on rinks with larger dimensions than Plattsburgh
    Don't you mean: "Everybody is closer to center ice at Plattsburgh"

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I believe it's called Home Field Advantage. Take out 15 feet at centre ice and you can catch teams off guard. It worked for Buffalo at the Aud.

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    How do the Div I Frozen Four size surfaces compare to the Div III rinks? Are Div III teams suddenly going to be playing the Championship game on a surface larger than they have played on all year? If so, that's the real tragedy here....
    Last edited by NUProf; 08-16-2012, 07:08 AM. Reason: I can't type

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Prezde

20,000? Did not look like that many.
    There may not have been 20K at this past one but I know in previous ones where Cortland and I believe the year Tufts won its gotten close to or exceeded that number.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X